Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 08-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #4047
chevyguy_72
EVIL SS

Drives: SIM '11 2SS/RS and '13 BD Avalanche
Hey I have to move this weekend on kinda short notice... any help would be appreciated... I will get a big truck for either sat or sun whichever more people can come for... please hit me up if you are avail... beer and pizza will be served... thanks
Old 08-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #4048
Codeman1407
TEAM LLT!

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyguy_72 View Post
Hey I have to move this weekend on kinda short notice... any help would be appreciated... I will get a big truck for either sat or sun whichever more people can come for... please hit me up if you are avail... beer and pizza will be served... thanks
Me and Dale are gonna have to make a post in the Member Classified for our Moving Services..

Just kidding man, I can help either after Noon on sat, or Whenever Sunday.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:35 PM   #4049
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
I should be available...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:35 PM   #4050
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
I am considering going to EFI Alchemy to see doc about a tune. I am not planning any other physical performance mods for a while and he said the tune would only add around 15 HP, but that the tranny tune would be where I benefit the most. My short list of mods are in my sig. Should I wait until more mods are done or just get the tune and worry about retuning farther down the line or, just get the tune when i have more mods? Thoughts?
I would say get some cheap headers if you are going to get a tune anyway. BBK, Doug Thorley or OBX will work fine. All around 400-600 dollars shipped. I forgot if you have an intake or not but you can get something close to $300 or even less. If that is still too much, then go ahead and get a tune as stated before. The transmission portion will help greatly. We all had to start somewhere!! Not all of us can do everything at once.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #4051
steeleshark2

Quote:
I should be available as well, as long the navy does not get in the way!!
Old 08-24-2011, 03:33 PM   #4052
Devilfish
US Navy Chief

Drives: Camaro Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
I would say get some cheap headers if you are going to get a tune anyway. BBK, Doug Thorley or OBX will work fine. All around 400-600 dollars shipped. I forgot if you have an intake or not but you can get something close to $300 or even less. If that is still too much, then go ahead and get a tune as stated before. The transmission portion will help greatly. We all had to start somewhere!! Not all of us can do everything at once.
Shorties would probably be easiest to hide in case of the need for warranty work. So I might do that. Maybe I'll paint them black so they wont be as noticeable.
Devilfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:58 PM   #4053
steeleshark2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Shorties would probably be easiest to hide in case of the need for warranty work. So I might do that. Maybe I'll paint them black so they wont be as noticeable.
Long tubes alone should not void warranty. Keep your stock manifolds and put them on just before warranty work if you really need too. Shorties IMO is a waste of money.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #4054
chevyguy_72
EVIL SS

Ok i am thinking Sunday for the move... will try and get the truck lined up for sure tomorrow and let everyone know... This way i will have a chance to pack saturday and move some small loads in the pickup... Then hopefully will have the bigger stuff left... Plus it looks like rain possibly saturday...
Old 08-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #4055
steeleshark2

Quote:
Ok i am thinking Sunday for the move... will try and get the truck lined up for sure tomorrow and let everyone know... This way i will have a chance to pack saturday and move some small loads in the pickup... Then hopefully will have the bigger stuff left... Plus it looks like rain possibly saturday...
Dont forget the pizza and beer LOL!!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:48 PM   #4056
chevyguy_72
EVIL SS

Quote:
Dont forget the pizza and beer LOL!!
of course not...
Flavor of choice?
Old 08-25-2011, 08:28 AM   #4057
SURPRYZ

Drives: 2000 SS
Quote:
Long tubes alone should not void warranty. Keep your stock manifolds and put them on just before warranty work if you really need too. Shorties IMO is a waste of money.

If you remove your stock exhaust manifolds and install long tube headers(AKA: "Off Road" Headers) ; won't you also be removing your catalytic converters? Which is a federal crime and usually voids your warrenty. I have heard of some exhaust shops not willing to work on cars if the catalytic converters are gone as well.

Check with Dealership first. You don't have to give them your name and car VIN when you call.

Follow River City Performance on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/RiverCityPerformance
SURPRYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #4058
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
The only thing that anyone has seen(AFIK) voiding a warranty is a tune. So...if you're going to have it tuned...LT or shorties aren't going to make a bit of difference. Don't want to be dramatic...just want to make sure you're aware.

That being said...shorties don't require a tune...LTs usually do...
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #4059
steeleshark2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURPRYZ View Post
If you remove your stock exhaust manifolds and install long tube headers(AKA: "Off Road" Headers) ; won't you also be removing your catalytic converters? Which is a federal crime and usually voids your warrenty. I have heard of some exhaust shops not willing to work on cars if the catalytic converters are gone as well.

Check with Dealership first. You don't have to give them your name and car VIN when you call.
Just put the stock manifolds and cats back on before the car goes in to the dealer. This is of course only during any MAJOR waranty work. As for the CEL light, I have seen several people put O2 extenders on the OBX longtubes and not have any issues (no cel light). I just would not like running longtubes without a tune do to chance of going lean. Shorties do not get you much horsepower, that is why I said it would be a waste. Of course, this is just MHO.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #4060
Devilfish
US Navy Chief

Drives: Camaro Sold
So, BBK makes a long tube that doesn't require O2 extenders and comes with high flow cats. If the only warranty issue is that I don't have cats shouldn't that be sufficient for keeping my warranty? I will talk to my service department and see what they say but I think the shady guys at Bennett are looking for any reason to void the warranty. No offense if any one on here who works there but every time I go there they ask what mods I've done & are really vague on what will actually void it.
Devilfish is offline   Reply With Quote