Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #127
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
I for one don't consider the Camaro, Challenger, Mustang a true sports car but that's just my opinion. The Vette and even cars like the BRZ/FRS are what I personally would consider a true sports car. There are models of Camaro's that will out lap a Vette and even the V6 Mustang will destroy a BRZ on the road course but to me that still doesn't make them true sports cars. Again just my opinion.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #128
Broffermoon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
I got my drivers license in 1963. In "64 I saw the first GTO, then "65 the Mustang and later the Camaro. Since that time I have seen them referred by Car and Driver as "Pony Cars." But in fact, to us it is a moot point. If SCCA lets a Camaro or a GTO race in class.....they are the defining folks not any Encyclopedia. Muscle Car??The first time I went 160 was in a 1968 Plymouth GTX convertible with 440 Magnum. It got to 120 pretty quick, but took several minutes to finally peg the speedometer at 160. At that point the front end was all over the place, we shut her down quick. The big block was necessary to produce HP. Now we produce more horsepower with smaller blocks...by the way, I was passing and found myself at 131 mph in a 2005 GTO. It did not act the same as the 1968 Plymouth and the GTO got there a lot quicker! Our modern cars are far better at high speed than the old ones. For the the ideal car is a 1970 GTO on a 2006 GTO frame, drive train, suspension and interior. Now that is a car! I just don't have $100,000 to make it happen.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #129
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraBall View Post
Derp.

What do you think the GT in Mustang GT stands for?
Alright ! Well , as long as we know that it's not just singling out the camaro in the muscle car category and what does ( Derp. ) mean?
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:25 AM   #130
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Alright ! Well , as long as we know that it's not just singling out the camaro in the muscle car category and what does ( Derp. ) mean?
Nobody was singling out the Camaro. Both the Camaro and the Mustang, and G37, and Challenger, and BMW M6, and M3, and other cars in/above the weight/size range are not sports cars. Sporty, yes, but far from a light, responsive true sports car.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #131
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Nobody was singling out the Camaro. Both the Camaro and the Mustang, and G37, and Challenger, and BMW M6, and M3, and other cars in/above the weight/size range are not sports cars. Sporty, yes, but far from a light, responsive true sports car.
Oh , I agree. but some ppl used the word because it's a hi-horsepower ,two door and sporty looking car. To me they're muscle cars , but that's just me .
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote