Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #71
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuron00 View Post
My wife specifically got the 1LT because she's a crazy animal rights person and refuses to have any leather. That trim was almost perfect for her. She was able to upgrade the sound system, wheels, etc.

The only thing she wasn't able to get was the bluetooth/USB because it's included in the C&C package with the leather. If I ever figure out a way to add that option, the car will be perfect for her.

Not everyone wants the same options. If you wanted the options from the 2LT, than you should have gotten a 2LT.
shoulda just told her it was fake leather...
Old 08-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #72
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by dursin View Post
Talking about features, not horsepower. That said, the STANDARD Camaro only has 304hp.
psh, ONLY 304 hp, yeah...
Old 08-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #73
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
So I guess in the end, you thought the 1LT would have the leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter, and that's why you are disappointed now? If so, I'd say it's a lesson learned about doing your research as others have said. I support GM making a less-expensive version of the car for those who want that or can't afford more. Me? Yeah I want leather-wrapped (among other things), so I got a 2SS.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #74
Jimmy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Camaro
I love the interior of my car...

1100 (original order date): 1-10-09
2000 (dealer received allocation): 5-7-09
3000 (accepted to production): 5-14-09
3300 (scheduled for prod):6-5-09
3400 (broadcast):6-10-09
3800 (produced):6-20-09 2G1FT1EW8A9120472
5000 (at dealer): 7-6-09
6000 (delivered): 7-6-09
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:03 PM   #75
Camarofan69
The Autoglass Guy

Drives: 1969 SS 396, 1969 SS , 2010 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuron00 View Post
My wife specifically got the 1LT because she's a crazy animal rights person and refuses to have any leather. That trim was almost perfect for her. She was able to upgrade the sound system, wheels, etc.

The only thing she wasn't able to get was the bluetooth/USB because it's included in the C&C package with the leather. If I ever figure out a way to add that option, the car will be perfect for her.

Not everyone wants the same options. If you wanted the options from the 2LT, than you should have gotten a 2LT.

so to be a smartass i have to ask this........if your wife is a crazy animal rights person and does not do leather interior does she where shoes? does she eat meat? does she drink milk? does she have a purse, wallet, clothing or anything else in her life that was a animal at one time? does she wear makeup? some is made from animals. sorry i had to ask these questions.

P.E.T.A
people eating tasty animals
Camarofan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #76
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by dursin View Post
I have a Challenger and actually like the interior. Just because it shares some knobs and buttons doesn't mean it's cheap. imho, while unique, the Camaro dash looks a more plastic and cheap than the Challenger...especially the whole radio/climate control combo.
Park a Camaro next to a Challenger- The Challenger is a big boat !.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #77
Sinergy

Drives: em crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
I guess I will just have to move on and accept it this time. Still baffles the mind when the exterior=wow and the interior=blah bland bare hard plastics much like a little tikes or power wheels car I would drive as a kid and stuff that are standard on most cars you have to pay more money for here where as with alot of other cars you dont.
Do the same thing GM would have had to do...Spend another 14 grand and customize it to your liking.
Sinergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #78
dursin

Drives: Suburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Park a Camaro next to a Challenger- The Challenger is a big boat !.
They're roughly the same weight and width. Challenger is about 7 inches longer and 2 or 3 inches higher than then Camaro. That makes it a big boat? lol

I've seen them side by side both in person and in photos. They're both great looking cars.
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #79
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
The OP brings up some points that I think are worth GM looking at.....

I know the 3.6 has 304 hp and the LS3 has 426 hp and the handling and suspension are just wicked and no one can touch them for the price......

Having said that, from day one I think the biggest complaint about the Camaro has been the hard plastics in the interior. I've had ad nauseum discussions with Scott (fbodfather) about this...... Where do you put the money, soft plastics or performance? Some car companies can do both and still come in under under budget. I won't mention who, but you all can guess.

The thing is, GM has been beat up and battered for years about hard plastics in their interiors when competitors have softer plastics that appear and feel higher grade. It is partly to blame, directly, for their dwindling market share year after year.

Now, the Camaro is selling like hotcakes and 90% of you all on this forum are going to laugh at me simply because enthusiasts and Camaro purists rate grades of interior plastic up there with helping your wife/girlfriend go shopping for a new pair of shoes.

But I am telling you all, fair or unfair, if GM is going to take back some market share and get people who have driven cars made by the other guys not from Detroit, they are going to have to get serious on interior materials in EVERY CAR THEY MAKE, from the cheap Cruze to the most expensive ZR1 Corvette, and every GMC, Buick, and Cadillac in between. People's opinions from driving those other guys cars are etched in stone, whether you or GM thinks its silly or not, it is what it is..... and it's up to GM to meet and exceed their expectations.

Whether or not you or GM thinks they need to.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:19 PM   #80
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Then people say this and still dont understand the conversation. Do you not get that I bought a 21,000 car that had leather wrapped wheel and shifter and it was still less money than a 24,000 1lt? So I guess you condone the way the interiors are made even though they are more expensive?
Yes but your 21k car didn't have a 304 HP v6, nore independent suspension, or the styling of the camaro.. etc.etc..

I am sure they'll be happy to put a 180hp motor in the camaro for a lot less and give you a leather wrapped steering wheel.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:41 PM   #81
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Ok I have had my 1lt Camaro now for almost a month and I gotta say the interior is disappointing. I feel like I would have been more satisfied with a 2lt interior but the point is I shouldn't have to pay that much extra for a decent interior in an almost $30,000 car. I was already upset that I wasnt going to have the four pack gauges in the center of the car but then I get the car and you mean to tell me that the steering wheel and shifter aren't at least leather wrapped but are hard plastic? I'm sorry but all of these cars should have leather wrapped steering wheels and shifter's as standard not as an add on on the 2lt. You should still be able to have a leather wrapped steering wheel with shifter regardless if your interior is cloth or not. Really the gauge pack should come automatic on all of them too but the steering wheel & shifter is a no brainer.
Its just sad when I had a lower model 04 Eclipse GS not even a high end one that I payed less for than this car and it had a leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter that was standard on the car even without it being a top model why couldn't GM do the same with this car? Instead now I have a hard plastic steering wheel and shifter and not the smooth leather feel of my 04 Eclipse. Not to mention my Camaro has been driven very very little and still squeeks when going in reverse a problem I never have had with a new car before. It seems like GM makes you pay more for little things and imports are including them as standard in their cars. And no one can say im being biased because I am just telling what I have seen so far from cars I have owned and giving facts.
Vs the Eclipse, instead of leather wheel and shifter you got 150 extra HP and 2 extra cylinders... good deal IMO...
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #82
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
It does not take much to know more than a dealer....sounds like you did not.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #83
camaroguyBC

Drives: 1SS Blk/Blk w CGM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
The OP brings up some points that I think are worth GM looking at.....

I know the 3.6 has 304 hp and the LS3 has 426 hp and the handling and suspension are just wicked and no one can touch them for the price......

Having said that, from day one I think the biggest complaint about the Camaro has been the hard plastics in the interior. I've had ad nauseum discussions with Scott (fbodfather) about this...... Where do you put the money, soft plastics or performance? Some car companies can do both and still come in under under budget. I won't mention who, but you all can guess.

The thing is, GM has been beat up and battered for years about hard plastics in their interiors when competitors have softer plastics that appear and feel higher grade. It is partly to blame, directly, for their dwindling market share year after year.

Now, the Camaro is selling like hotcakes and 90% of you all on this forum are going to laugh at me simply because enthusiasts and Camaro purists rate grades of interior plastic up there with helping your wife/girlfriend go shopping for a new pair of shoes.

But I am telling you all, fair or unfair, if GM is going to take back some market share and get people who have driven cars made by the other guys not from Detroit, they are going to have to get serious on interior materials in EVERY CAR THEY MAKE, from the cheap Cruze to the most expensive ZR1 Corvette, and every GMC, Buick, and Cadillac in between. People's opinions from driving those other guys cars are etched in stone, whether you or GM thinks its silly or not, it is what it is..... and it's up to GM to meet and exceed their expectations.

Whether or not you or GM thinks they need to.
3000:07/17/09 TPW 8/3
3300:07/28/09
3400:08/01/09
3800:08/11/09 #34541
4200:08/12/09
--8/12/09 11:30am - departed Oshawa CSX
--8/13/09 11:04pm - arrived at CSX/UP Interchange - Proviso, IL - 200 miles to go!
--8/17/09 7:30pm - departed Proviso, IL
--8/18/09 5:15am - received at interchange, unloaded (11:04am), Janesville, WI
5000: 8/19/09
6000: 8/20/09
camaroguyBC is offline   Reply With Quote