Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-09-2017, 11:05 AM   #1
Malomari

Drives: Prado 2013
2017 Camaro 2SS vs 2017 Premium Mustang GT

Hello,
I have always dreamt of owning a camaro especially when the 6th gen was released. I am going to buy a car in a couple of months but ever since i drove my friend's Mustang I have been torn between the two. I realize the camaro is superior performance wise, but you can not deny the Mustang in terms of practicality. It has a bigger trunk, better visibility, and a more roomy interior. I never drove the camaro but I sat in one. Is your camaro a daily driver? What issues do you face daily if any?
P.S: I am about 5'9" 18 year old.

Thanks.
Malomari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:54 AM   #2
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malomari View Post
Hello,
I have always dreamt of owning a camaro especially when the 6th gen was released. I am going to buy a car in a couple of months but ever since i drove my friend's Mustang I have been torn between the two. I realize the camaro is superior performance wise, but you can not deny the Mustang in terms of practicality. It has a bigger trunk, better visibility, and a more roomy interior. I never drove the camaro but I sat in one. Is your camaro a daily driver? What issues do you face daily if any?

Thanks.
Same size as you 5'9 here, daily driver, drove both cars for about a week few times each renting them and unless your lugging around people in the back often then the Camaro no doubt is the answer to all this. As for visibility, noticed nothing different from most 2dr sports cars i been in. As for the trunk the seats do come down and you can get a decent amount of things in there.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:58 PM   #3
Malomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Same size as you 5'9 here, daily driver, drove both cars for about a week few times each renting them and unless your lugging around people in the back often then the Camaro no doubt is the answer to all this. As for visibility, noticed nothing different from most 2dr sports cars i been in. As for the trunk the seats do come down and you can get a decent amount of things in there.
Thanks a lot, honestly I am not that concerned with the visibility and you are right as for trunk space i can fold down the seats. I suppose since you tried both and took the camaro over the mustang it is the better choice. My family has two SUVs Armada and land cruiser this means I can take either in case im loading more than 3 people in the car.
Nonetheless thanks for your input.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:59 PM   #4
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
As far as visibility goes, you always see that mentioned in reviews because there's not much else to complain about. You just have to get used to it, and then it becomes a non-issue.
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; MGW short shifter; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!!

2014 CTS-V Sedan, Black/Black, Auto, Recaros, Ultra-view, Red Brembos. Stock
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:03 PM   #5
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Not a problem, Camaro and don't look back, the 2SS has way more features and better inside all in all then the 2017 Mustang, The 2018 Mustang has a refresh coming in another thread somewhere but still no doubt even that wouldn't change my mind due to style inside and out overall my preference. Performance is on the next level at this time with the 2017 SS over the 2017 GT. Both nice cars in general.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:13 PM   #6
Malomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Not a problem, Camaro and don't look back, the 2SS has way more features and better inside all in all then the 2017 Mustang, The 2018 Mustang has a refresh coming in another thread somewhere but still no doubt even that wouldn't change my mind due to style inside and out overall my preference. Performance is on the next level at this time with the 2017 SS over the 2017 GT. Both nice cars in general.
Yeah totally, man I cant wait until I get my camaro and feel the acceleration, too bad i have to wait after summer to own one.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:53 PM   #7
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
I owned a 2015 Premium GT PP and I currently own a 2017 2SS. For me the performance difference was too much to overcome with the Mustang. Even with a tune and basic mods the Mustang was an inferior performer. I do like the interior of the Mustang better. It is easier to daily drive but since neither car is or ever will be a daily driver the Camaro was too good for me to pass up.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 03:28 PM   #8
JoshuaHyperblue2ss

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
If you have the dough and don't plan to FI your ride go with Camaro.. My buddy procharged his Mustang and puts 650whp to my procharged camaro 570whp.. So, you have to ask yourself whats your plans.. He kills me in roll races and I get a jump on him every time from a dig but he reels me in and passes me. This new camaro fuel delivery is a issue when you go for boost. However, I still get way more people that compliment my ride over his.
Aesthetics:
15% 3m Tint all around/phastek full blackout kit
Debaged sides, Tinted inner tail lights, Black Bow Ties, 20 Black 5 spoke rims
JoshuaHyperblue2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 01:27 AM   #9
phusebox

Drives: Camaro
Visibility was a concern for me when I started test driving the Camaro. After buying the car and putting ~600 miles on it, I never even think about it anymore. You just get used to it pretty quick and as another member said -- it becomes a non-issue. Just adjust your mirrors correctly and it feels like any other car.
phusebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:06 AM   #10
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
I realize the camaro is superior performance wise, but you can not deny the Mustang in terms of practicality.
It's not like the Mustang is THAT MUCH more practical than a Camaro...maybe like 5%. But for that 5% you get a far faster car.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:57 PM   #11
Goohead
Horsepower whisperer

Drives: Camaro
Don't have a 17 mustang and haven't looked much, last mustang I had was a 14 gt premium, choose it over the 15+ due to the solid rear axle. I got to say I just picked up a used 16 ss and so far I like this car much more
Goohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:06 AM   #12
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
I don't have a mustang GT but a guy I work with has a 2016 GT and it's not a bad car, but in every way it just looks inferior to my 2017 SS. Visibility was never an issue with me, you can see out of it just fine. Yes the windows are shorter but you can still see out of the car perfectly, the back window is a little small, but that's about it. It is true that the GT does respond very well to mods, but stock for stock the SS has it all over the GT.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:30 AM   #13
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Hello,

Thanks.
What's your criteria or focus points?

I've driven the Camaro enough now and I found that there's very little to complain about with this thing. Visibility is something you get use too and it's mostly a matter of finding the perfect seating position, not just forcing a fudged up one from the bat. I didn't buy this to be practical but to be selfish. I chose the camaro because I know I don't have to be that taxi driver friend no more, not the grocery hauler (Got a mini van for that), but it's MY car and MY choice. Other people were the last thing on my mind for this. The trunk space is good enough for majority of things, the opening could just be a bit bigger because the trunk is deeper than expected.

Performance you can go over and check out both sides. Camaro is the best for N/A performance hands down, Mustang is good if you plan to go F/I. Both routes are money pits. Just keep in mind that a LOT of the mustang guys do ricer math and like to hop on happy dyno numbers when comparing. Also there's hidden details on comparing 1/4 mile times than the mods alone. (ie. tires and 'weight loss')
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:20 PM   #14
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
I owned a '12 Premium GT, and I can say without a doubt, for a daily driver my '17 2SS convertible is far and away the better car in all respects that count.

Hell, my Camaro is a better daily driver than my '16 DSOM 2LT Stingray was.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, mustang