Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-22-2022, 01:00 PM   #15
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post

I'm surprised but not surprised. The attention to detail is incredible.

He originally did not intend to build it in such detail.
I thought we would build a Camaro that would be red with stripes and a red engine - a question of about 10 hours.
But then a friend somehow decided to take it in as much detail as possible.
But the problem for us Camaro owners is that they never stay the same for very long. Something is always being improved

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 03:29 PM   #16
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
He originally did not intend to build it in such detail.
I thought we would build a Camaro that would be red with stripes and a red engine - a question of about 10 hours.
But then a friend somehow decided to take it in as much detail as possible.
But the problem for us Camaro owners is that they never stay the same for very long. Something is always being improved
Ha! I totally get it. In my younger days I built a lot of models. And even though I did not even come close to what you and your friend did in this video, I would spend many hours just detailing an engine block and then more hours painting and installing fishing line for plug wires, etc fun stuff.
Old 10-22-2022, 04:55 PM   #17
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Model building was a staple in my day. We used to “kitbash” and make the local stock cars out of standard kits. Roll bars were made from the plastic sprues and the like. Wrecked more than a few of my Mother’s butter knifes, heating them on the stove to cut away body parts.
Old 10-22-2022, 06:11 PM   #18
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
Model building was a staple in my day. We used to “kitbash” and make the local stock cars out of standard kits. Roll bars were made from the plastic sprues and the like. Wrecked more than a few of my Mother’s butter knifes, heating them on the stove to cut away body parts.
We used to spray lighter fluid over them and then light them on fire and push them over an embankment. That or use firecrackers on them.
Old 10-22-2022, 07:04 PM   #19
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
We used to spray lighter fluid over them and then light them on fire and push them over an embankment. That or use firecrackers on them.
How about Estes rocket engines? They didn’t stay on the ground very long.
That was at the end of our modeling careers.
Old 10-23-2022, 09:59 AM   #20
George-CZ

Quote:

Yeah.. I also remember how the boys tore up my mom's nylons to have thin material for the ropes for the World War I biplanes.

Moms must have really loved us

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
Old 10-23-2022, 10:04 AM   #21
George-CZ

Quote:
Ha! I totally get it. In my younger days I built a lot of models. And even though I did not even come close to what you and your friend did in this video, I would spend many hours just detailing an engine block and then more hours painting and installing fishing line for plug wires, etc fun stuff.

I can't say I'm not manually skilled.
But I miss the ideas these guys have.

But it's even more fun to watch them create.

Old 10-23-2022, 12:19 PM   #22
Danial

Quote:
How about Estes rocket engines? They didn’t stay on the ground very long.
That was at the end of our modeling careers.
Estes! There's a product from my youth. It's amazing we and survived..haha