Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #267
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeV6 View Post
No HIDs? Meh...
It's still part if the RS package.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #268
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
2010-2013

10-13's We got the chiseled, artistic version (see below).
Name:  IMG_0007.JPG
Views: 1103
Size:  80.1 KB

While the 14+ get the utilitarian version (see below).

Name:  145.jpg
Views: 1152
Size:  195.4 KB

(What did they do to that trunk lid; it grew a cancerous lump!)
Old 07-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #269
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCamaro View Post
Does the new 14' include a box of tampons in the glove box? If I worked in the designing department of Chevy I could of done so much better...
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #270
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Well just to add my 2 cents ( not that its worth much ) but I was asked to take a 2014 SS Convertible to the recent Ontario Camaro National's in Niagara Falls Ontario , this was the first showing of the re-fresh here in Canada & I can say without a doubt it was a success .

Lots of interest from all who came to the event and in fact I met quite a few people who after seeing and sitting in the car informed me that this was their next car and they'd be visiting their local Chevrolet dealer to place orders .

The point being , they saw me drive in and right away zeroed in on the fact this was something different , within minutes people were around the car and decisions were made . My experience with the 14 was positive , both here in Oshawa and in Niagara Falls ( lots of thumbs up on the highway )

Lets remember this site is for Camaro enthusiast's , so when 2014 owners come here to proudly show off their new 5thgens , welcome them don't chase them away because a few hate the new re-fresh.

The last thing they want to see is constant negative comments about their Camaros . Everyone works damm hard to help pay for these , and I for one am truly grateful for the continued support you all show GM and Team Camaro .

Mike Judge
Super60
5thgen Camaro
Proudly Built In Oshawa

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #271
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
I don't care what anybody thinks about the "ugly" taillights. Ill be picking my ugly taillights tomorrow with a smile on my face
I waited for the 2014s for a reason. Not to mention, I believe the tails resemble the 1st generation. Which happens to be my favorite
Ill see you all tomorrow when I post more pics!

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #272
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
I was sceptical at first, but gotta admit they look great. The whole "It looks like a..." is spoken EVERY time any new car comes out or any changes are made... Take a look on ANY forum for ANY new car or refesh of an existing car and within 3 posts you'll get the "It looks like a..." response. When the new vette was unveiled the same crew hollered that it looked like a .... <--- fill in the blank with Mazda, Ferrari, Honda, Nissan, Subaru, etc... and many even complained that the taillights somehow to them "looked like a Camaro"... Aside from having squarish shape to them, they don't look any more like a Camaro than the new Camaro rear update looks like a Honda. If you want to play the "it looks like a..." game, compare the non-RS taillights on the '14 Camaro to those on a non-RS '69 Camaro. No they don't look the same, but they look every bit as much alike as anything else anyone likes to compare them to.

I still say the "dislike" of the new changes are simply because everyone already owns a 2010-13, so to say they like the '14 is somehow putting their own car down. I wonder how many new '67/'68 owners "hated" when the 1969 model year changes came. I'm also curious if someone who's never owned a 5th gen Camaro will have as much hatred towards the updates as those who already do.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #273
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Hey Mike I haven't seen you on in a while, how's it going up there?
We are still loving our 2012 Convertible you guys built....
Angrybird

I'm doing just fine , thank you for asking sir Glad to see your loving your 12 vert , i'm hoping the weather down your way is allowing you lots of top down driving

I'm always somewhat in the background here , I try to welcome new 5thgen owners here and on my FB page . Looking forward to all of the new 14 owners

Work is busy , new Impala is a huge hit I'm sure it will win car of the year ! Enjoy your Camaro my friend and best regards from Oshawa

Mike
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #274
GRAHL
workaholic

Drives: 69 SS Lemans Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
What does that matter? With no "spin" on peoples comments and "artificial assumptions" there are also "plenty of people" that have not changed there minds and the threads get bombarded with negative feelings towards the "refresh" as well anytime we see pics of it. The comments are quite more then just a handful if you would acknowlege that. I have yet to run into one individual care person or not that likes the 2014 over the exisisting. That speaks volumes and if all those passionate folks are really paying attention and caring what we all think they surely are scratching there heads trying to figure out what we are all talking about.

I am sure they all did not have the opinion or planned strategy of the "give it time" or "wait till you see it" approach to call it a success. I would think making your heart jump at first site would be more of what your shooting for.
It just gets old seeing that repeated over and over again, as if some magical genie is going to tap us on the shoulder and all of the sudden is the must have design we all hoped it would be. I can also design a tail lamp and do the reasearch and be able to tie into many diff brands and years if I find a smiliar line or curve, that is not hard to spin.

That strategy is just sad, along with the "let it work on you stuff", people can work with passion and I respect that but they can also fail after that hard work and have to go back to the drawing board. that is what we have here, just dont propaganda us to death please.

by the way, ive been on this site two years but you can take a look at the garage and realize I kinda have a right to a good chevy opinion, and theres no spin on that brother!

Holy hell, speaking of magical genies, I wish one would take the scary demons out of your mind of people trying to control your thoughts or feed you propaganda! Wow, is that what's got you so riled up? Another self-absorbed idiot. Hey, here are the facts, the refresh is done, you hate it, others hate it, many others love it, and many more are converting as it's hitting the dealerships and they see it in person. These threads are becoming more and more positive for the refresh if you haven't noticed. You remind me of my 9 year old, and he acts just like this when he's been hurt. What hurt you? That there weren't fireworks going off in your brain when you saw the refresh? You gotta get over that buddy. '14 owners are going to join our Camaro ranks and have every right to be proud of their cars. Are you going to be trashing them? I assume you own all those cars so you should be a mature man right? Move on.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #275
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
10-13's We got the chiseled, artistic version (see below).
Attachment 537163

While the 14+ get the utilitarian version (see below).

Attachment 537165

(What did they do to that trunk lid; it grew a cancerous lump!)
Is it my eyes or did the trunk opening get wider,and I can't tell for sure maybe it's the silver vs black or the angle of the pics but the silver camaro looks curvier while the black camaro looks flat,I don't think that full width spoiler helps things WDIKT
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #276
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
Angrybird

I'm doing just fine , thank you for asking sir Glad to see your loving your 12 vert , i'm hoping the weather down your way is allowing you lots of top down driving

I'm always somewhat in the background here , I try to welcome new 5thgen owners here and on my FB page . Looking forward to all of the new 14 owners

Work is busy , new Impala is a huge hit I'm sure it will win car of the year ! Enjoy your Camaro my friend and best regards from Oshawa

Mike
Super60
Thanks, the weather down here has not been kind for much top down driving this summer. It seems to rain every day now and sometimes we will get several inches in just a hour or so. At least I can say the Camaro has stayed dry inside even since I don't have a garage to keep it in.
I would like to join your FB page, could you tell me how to find it?
Old 07-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #277
ChevyBoy305

Drives: 2012 2LT RS Camaro
I just can’t get over the trunk spoiler and the rear lights. Looks way to Honda for my Taste. And all that black plastic on the back with no sexy lines, come on Chevy! I think our rear end (10-13) are wayyy more sexy. I do like the front end but I still don’t think they did that well on it. looks like its squinting now. They made the top gill smaller and the bottom grill bigger. But everyone has their own opinion.
ChevyBoy305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #278
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
They look great. The whole "It looks like a..." is spoken EVERY time any new car comes out or any changes are made... Take a look on ANY forum for ANY new car or refesh of an existing car and within 3 posts you'll get the "It looks like a..." response. When the new vette was unveiled the same crew hollered that it looked like a .... <--- fill in the blank with Mazda, Ferrari, Honda, Nissan, Subaru, etc... and many even complained that the taillights somehow to them "looked like a Camaro"... Aside from having squarish shape to them, they don't look any more like a Camaro than the new Camaro rear update looks like a Honda. If you want to play the "it looks like a..." game, compare the non-RS taillights on the '14 Camaro to those on a non-RS '69 Camaro. No they don't look the same, but they look every bit as much alike as anything else anyone likes to compare them to.

Maybe that's all you care to see (selective memory)... but I recall a ton of praise when the 5th gen was announced and finally released. I'm sure you could pick a few odd-ball comments to fit your remark, but those were few and far between; and most likely from Mustang owners. Many new models and even refreshes do get high praise; that's a fact.

Feel free to compare the comments made about the initial release of the 5th gen compared to the '14 refresh of the 5th gen. Some of the highest praise for an automobile that I've ever heard, was about the 5th gen.

GM's not going to get it right all the time, and I'd be willing to bet that the post-refresh (2014+) won't sell as well as the pre-refresh (2010-2013). Guess what... Ford knew they screwed up when they initially refreshed the Mustang, that's why they did another quick refresh to fix what was wrong.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #279

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Actually, halos only come with the RS package (and standard on the ZL1)

AS to the 'silver' - go to a Camaro show and you may be surprised as to how many people add chrome around the back-up lights - or add chrome strips to the 'hash' marks in front of the rear wheels........ some people love bling - others do not.

I remember some people not liking the grille on the 2010 Camaro...and I said to them..."have patience - there will be at least a half-dozen alternate grilles out there within 6 months" - and there were! I suspect some will paint the chrome trim body color - some will black it out as they black out the fascia edges - and some may even put LEDs on it!

That's the beauty of a Camaro - it's a canvas awaiting your personalization.
Count me in for the chrome....I remember when chrome was disappearing from most cars in general, and that was a sign they were going "cheap" and gone to "plastic"....now a lot of folks dis-like chrome completely...

Never was a fan of all the Camaros on here that thought they were the bomb by looking like a modded uni-color dust buster from the pit of hell...

...Good to see the '14s added some nice chrome accents and a touch of class...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #280
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
No disrespect to you Scott or anyone else on the team but please make the next gen Camaro look muscular; powerful, strong,
Funny that' s what my wife said that the new Camaro (14's) looks like a girls car.