Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-18-2015, 04:30 PM   #1
Gino_7

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS
Subwoofer and Amplifier install help

Subwoofer:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...PRO/TS-W3003D4
Amplifier:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...eries/GM-D9601

Recently got both of these and installed them to the back of my trunk with the battery. I have an RCA cable and found out there are no plugs to plug them into behind the radio. So instead decided to install them to the 2 trunk subwoofers, but they don't seem to be giving enough power.

I seem to be installing this system the wrong way can anyone help me out on how they did theres? And are there any wires that I am possibly missing to give more power?
Gino_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:06 PM   #2
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
If you have the BA system, you can use the FARK harness (from ********). It will connect to the factory amp and provide the preamp outputs needed for connecting your amp.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:10 PM   #3
15cammedSS

Drives: 2015 2SS....white
when installing a amp, is it still necessary to go behind the stereo for the remote wire for the amp? I wanna put a sub in my car. it has the boston acoustics system but just not enough bass.
15cammedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:13 PM   #4
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15cammedSS View Post
when installing a amp, is it still necessary to go behind the stereo for the remote wire for the amp? I wanna put a sub in my car. it has the boston acoustics system but just not enough bass.
How you connect it up depends on the amp. Mine turns on when a signal is detected on the input and shuts off when the signal is gone.

I believe there is also a signal wire in the BA system already present at the amp.

Get the FARK harness from ********. Makes everything plug and play, so you won't have to alter any wiring.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 01:08 PM   #5
15cammedSS

Drives: 2015 2SS....white
gotcha.............I just went to ********.com...........they have that T harness for $69.99...................plug in play
15cammedSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amplifier, install, subwoofer