Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-03-2015, 06:13 PM   #43
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
While i was following the progress of the train as mine was on her way. I had called Union Pacific and talked to a guy, he knew i was excited (obviously i was calling the train company) and said the train derailed. After my heart started to pump again we had a good laugh.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #44
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Ignore 50% of people posting on this thread!!

Carfax only shows up when its in regards to a Insurance Claim, or any Insurance fix. A multi-million dollar dealer is going to pay out of pocket, infact they have those parts in there shop so its a 1 day fix.

For example my old camaro was hit by my gf's mom (small damage), she paid me out of pocket to get it fixed. Took it to a body shop and they replaced the bumper. And guess what my Carfax showed it in perfect condition and I was able to sell it.

The truth is if you don't take the car, they'll just put it on the lot and sell it for the same price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
If it were me I wouldn't accept delivery. Paying brand new money for a wrecked car is a absolute NO.

In your case, if you really wanted the car, I would make the dealer fix the damage before signing anything or giving them anymore money. When the car comes back and the fix is absolutely flawless, then I'd negotiate for at least a grand more of a discount for the trouble and the stain of the accident on you and the car. If the dealer isn't willing to compensate you for the problem that they caused, then if it were me I'd walk away from (buying) the car.
Wrecked?? Did you even see the picture that's barley any damage!!!

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:21 PM   #45
Jugdishian

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I've never ordered a car before, I always assumed there was some sort of obligation to it since it's ordered to your specific options.
There is no obligation whatsoever....until you sign and take delivery.
Jugdishian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:28 PM   #46
ratfinkharley

Drives: 15 JKU, 00 S10, 73 Vette, 12 JK
Asking for a "significant" discount is laughable. Be reasonable and see what they offer as a discount. Counter with 25% more than their offer.

I wonder how many cars on this forum had similar damage fixed before delivery and not disclosed. It happens.

Ask the dealer if they are going to submit to insurance; that triggers CarFax. And even if they do, it doesnt have to be a deal breaker. If you feel comfortable with the deal and repair, simply document the damage and repair so any future buyer will have the facts.

RotoFab CAI - VMaxx Ported TB - Apex Catch Can - CFD Shifter - Choppers Inc Loaded Dice Shift Knob
ratfinkharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:44 PM   #47
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDiesel420 View Post
Ignore 50% of people posting on this thread!!

Carfax only shows up when its in regards to a Insurance Claim, or any Insurance fix. A multi-million dollar dealer is going to pay out of pocket, infact they have those parts in there shop so its a 1 day fix.

For example my old camaro was hit by my gf's mom (small damage), she paid me out of pocket to get it fixed. Took it to a body shop and they replaced the bumper. And guess what my Carfax showed it in perfect condition and I was able to sell it.

The truth is if you don't take the car, they'll just put it on the lot and sell it for the same price.

Wrecked?? Did you even see the picture that's barley any damage!!!
I saw the picture. If the car's in an accident and sustained damage, then its wrecked.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:24 PM   #48
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Repaint on rear bumper and paying "new"money for "new" car?

Not for me. Metallic paint better be spot-on match, and be guarateed not to fade, lift, peel or chip for years to come.
Attached Images

LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:40 PM   #49
MrIanB

Drives: 2015 Red Rock Camaro 1LT RS
F that's, I won't buy car w carfax issue before driving off lot. Suck it up and find another one. It's not the only leftover car .

Ian B
MrIanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:50 PM   #50
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Let's say there's no CarFax issues.... Would you trust that dealer with your car during servicing when they F'd up your not even delivered BRAND NEW car?????
Old 06-03-2015, 08:11 PM   #51
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
The car looks to be cosmetic and the dealer I am sure is replacing it in house, so car fax wont be an issue. On the flip side the dealer needs to do something to compensate you or find another camaro as suggested.

How willing the dealer will be I dont know. Like u said their are not a lot of these cars out there on the lot, so the dealer might just say screw you, fix it, and sell it for the same price to another Joe Schmo. Tough call after waiting awhile for it.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:30 PM   #52
CamAnon

Drives: 2015 1LT
Trust me..... if the dealer hadn't already set your expectation of the delivery-date, they would have made this fix and you'd NEVER know.

You have no idea how many cars come off the truck or train and need repair before going to the customer. It happens regularly.

And, the bumper wasn't painted at the same time as the body in the first place, so there's nothing wrong with another bumper with a paint job.

Sure, go for a discount, but these people who would "walk away" aren't in the position you're in. Buy it and enjoy.

Tell the dealer you want the old bumper, to hang in the garage as a souvenir.
CamAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:41 PM   #53
shinzon
Night Fury

Drives: 2014 ZL1
if that were me:

I would scrap that deal bc your paying an estm. 42k

used zl1 = 44k

Done and done

2014 Black ZL1 - Toothless -
Previous Lovers :2014 1LE , 2010 2SS RS,2004 GTO, 2000 Camaro SS x 2
shinzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:45 PM   #54
ilir14

Drives: Camaro ss 1le
Kill the deal, thats a bad luck to start
ilir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:57 PM   #55
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
The hysteria in this thread is, well, hysterical

The bumper has a little mark on it and the tail light is oh so slightly dented... so there must be frame damage!!!

Oh sure, they will put on a new bumper and tail light and it will be as good as new, but it will still be a rebuilt car that should have been totaled.

And on top of that you will have a car with a salvage title.

I once had a car that bumped into something at very low speed and was repaired perfectly but it was never the same after that... so I would definitely walk away.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:27 PM   #56
MR.Sarge

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE
Went to see vehicle, no damage to light at all... only the bumper, valence, and small dent in exhaust. They are replacing it all and it is NOT being reported to carfax .. it is staying off the records from insurance and the vehicle history.