Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-28-2019, 10:37 PM   #1
Ransom4Hire

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Axle Seals

2011 2SS 15,500 miles. Bought the car three months ago. On the way back from a 6 hour road trip to get it I started to get a squeak from the rear diff. Appointment was made with local Chevy dealer. Diagnosed as bad axle seal. It was replaced and noise was resolved. A week later same thing. Bad seal and replaced under warranty. This has happened 4 times in total in 2 months with a bad passenger side axle being diagnosed as the cause. Axle was replaced in within 100 miles. Same thing. Dealership is at a loss and GM Technical Service advised to just replaced the seal again and see what happens. Any thought or advice I can share with the dealership?
Ransom4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 11:14 PM   #2
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Might get a better response if you have the mods move this to the ‘V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)’ Section...

May need to check the diff bushings, mine were cracked — of course I road raced so that helped me find the issue...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote