Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-02-2010, 02:55 PM   #225
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
CEL is back on, lol..great!!

Anyway, time for some work!
bummer...

BTW... took my car out today and did some spirited driving... hehehe... definitely has more low end torque... (at least I sure think it does! LOL)
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:15 PM   #226
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
LOL, it's more fun, and sounds good too. Mine isn't quite as mellow as yours, the headers kinda accentuated the "exotic" flavor a bit, and it's a deeper raspy sound, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I found a thread in the v8 section about my problem, only with LT, so I posted in it to see what the v8 guys think.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #227
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Well, I made it out to the track tonite but... the track closed before I got to run.. or anyone else after the crash! There was a fatality involved so they closed the session due to "technical difficulties" which really meant they had to do an investigation of the crash.

The word was that an 18 yo kid was driving a ZR1 Vette at the track for the first time and, apparently, didn't know where the finish line was. He stayed on it way too long and tried to make the return road going way too fast! He hit the end of the "K" rails hard!

I knew it was bad when I saw the track crew in a golf cart with a girl crying while I was in line for tech.... She must have known then that he was gone.

Anyway, I'll try again Friday but the weather is gonna be the question. It's supposed to rain late Friday.

Man I'll tell you something else.. the drive back from the track is a long 4 lane highway and a lot of the cars were racing down that road after we got out of the track! I just pulled off on a side street and waited till they all got by! The was a lot of frustration on that road!

Hopefully, I'll be able to get a few good passes Friday. There were well over 100 cars there tonite and, I expect, there will be even more on Friday.

I'm trying to get you guys some info on the Trifecta tune but, it just hasn't been working out! I have the transmission tune now as well which should be good for a couple of tenths by itself.... we'll see I guess.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #228
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauwulf View Post
Well, I made it out to the track tonite but... the track closed before I got to run.. or anyone else after the crash! There was a fatality involved so they closed the session due to "technical difficulties" which really meant they had to do an investigation of the crash.

The word was that an 18 yo kid was driving a ZR1 Vette at the track for the first time and, apparently, didn't know where the finish line was. He stayed on it way too long and tried to make the return road going way too fast! He hit the end of the "K" rails hard!

I knew it was bad when I saw the track crew in a golf cart with a girl crying while I was in line for tech.... She must have known then that he was gone.

Anyway, I'll try again Friday but the weather is gonna be the question. It's supposed to rain late Friday.

Man I'll tell you something else.. the drive back from the track is a long 4 lane highway and a lot of the cars were racing down that road after we got out of the track! I just pulled off on a side street and waited till they all got by! The was a lot of frustration on that road!

Hopefully, I'll be able to get a few good passes Friday. There were well over 100 cars there tonite and, I expect, there will be even more on Friday.

I'm trying to get you guys some info on the Trifecta tune but, it just hasn't been working out! I have the transmission tune now as well which should be good for a couple of tenths by itself.... we'll see I guess.
wow... that in so sad..... ugh...

hoping you actually get to run on Friday!
Old 01-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #229
wer2foxs

Drives: 2010 VR SS
Wow there is a dose of reality! Sorry for the family. Our prayers go to them. Be careful out there and know the track.
wer2foxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:28 PM   #230
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
That is terrible. And only 18. What his parents must be going through.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #231
renderinfo
R6P Member

Drives: Camaro 5th Gen
That is terrible what happened to the 18 yr old at the track. Absolutely tragic. With all due respect to him and his family, can we continue this thread for more info about the tune and the results? Has this been continued/discussed in another thread?
renderinfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #232
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Yea, it kinda jumped over to scrming's JBA thread. Check there for the latest....
Old 01-15-2010, 07:34 PM   #233
Dino

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS
Send a message via Skype™ to Dino
Any updates, guys? How are things going?
Dino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #234
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Any updates, guys? How are things going?
Won't be any thing until the end of the month when Vince at Trifecta gets back...
Old 02-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #235
renderinfo
R6P Member

Drives: Camaro 5th Gen
Anything new scrming?
renderinfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #236
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by renderinfo View Post
Anything new scrming?
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #237
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by renderinfo View Post
Anything new scrming?
Today was Vince's first day back... I'm sure he has a pile of e-mails and stuff to dig through.. I did get a brief message from him today saying he'll be looking through my stuff in the next couple days...
Old 02-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #238
SilverSniper

Drives: CTS
I'm new here.
How come this thread died 1 year ago? What happened to the tuned cars done by Vince?
SilverSniper is offline   Reply With Quote