Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #57
joey0480

Drives: 2013 Evo X
wanted a coupe...sedan was more realistic...went with the camaro. Cometh now, traded in the camaro for the charger...needed the 4 doors with another kid coming.

SOLD:Team L99
ADM Race Intake and Scoop
Vmax Ported TB
Borla-S axlebacks
ARH 1 7/8 Long Tubes and Hi Flo Cats
160 Thermostat
Pfdat front and rear sways and endlinks
Gold Pearl Powdercoated calipers
Gloss black CFD strut covers
GM gill stripes
******** 12" Stealth Kicker Package
joey0480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #58
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Camaro

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #59
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Since I was 3 I told my parents I wanted a corvette. I've always be a chevy kid I guess. When the camaro concept came out in 2006 I fell in love. Of course, I was in 6th grade, and what 6th grade boy wouldn't want one? When I turned 16 in janurary 2010 I got my moms old car. I have a younger brother just a year young and he was going to need a car, so the plan was to buy me a new car and pass mine down. I always loved the camaro and had to sit in one every chance I got. My parents always said no because it was too expensive. Janurary 2011 rolls around and 5 days before my birthday we went to Chevy to test drive a cruze, or so I thought. We looked at and drove the cruze, and as we were leaving my mom suggested we go visit a family friend in the GMC building. Walk inside and turn the corner, and there she was. Sitting on the show room floor with my name on it covered in balloons.
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #60
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
It was the only option, waited 8 years for the re-introduction of the Camaro.
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #61
Nvincent4708

Drives: N/A
Wanted one since I saw the concept.
Nvincent4708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #62
S-eatin-grin

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvincent4708 View Post
Wanted one since I saw the concept.
same thing here...always wanted a Gen 1 as a teenager, I wasn't even looking to buy a car. When the Gen 5 came out...I had to have it...and had to mod it!
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #63
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Bought a cheap new Nissan Versa for work for basic transportation. Paid it off in 15 months. Told myself that it was paid for, runs good and is good on gas, no need for a new car.

Went back and forth for months looking at Camaro / Mustang & Challengers. Went to the local Chevy dealer just looking but made up my mind i would get a Camaro in a few months. (just started a new job). Salesman came out and let me drive a 1LT black. That was it fell in love with the Camaro and the next day it was mine.

Although that wasn't the end of the story. Started to mod out the 1LT with C.A.I., MRT-V2 exhaust, full body kit, alarm, tint etc, etc, etc. The more i modded it the more i wish i had gotten a SS. 3 months later i traded up to a Black 1SS. Now my journey starts again but with a better mold to sculpt with
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #64
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Caroline View Post
Since I was 3 I told my parents I wanted a corvette. I've always be a chevy kid I guess. When the camaro concept came out in 2006 I fell in love. Of course, I was in 6th grade, and what 6th grade boy wouldn't want one? When I turned 16 in janurary 2010 I got my moms old car. I have a younger brother just a year young and he was going to need a car, so the plan was to buy me a new car and pass mine down. I always loved the camaro and had to sit in one every chance I got. My parents always said no because it was too expensive. Janurary 2011 rolls around and 5 days before my birthday we went to Chevy to test drive a cruze, or so I thought. We looked at and drove the cruze, and as we were leaving my mom suggested we go visit a family friend in the GMC building. Walk inside and turn the corner, and there she was. Sitting on the show room floor with my name on it covered in balloons.
Surprises are awesome. great story.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #65
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I was driving an 05 Cobalt base model and was thinking about getting a Cobalt SS or meybe the SSR. I hadn't really considered a Camaro, but there they were and after playing with numbers a bit to show me I could afford it, there you go. I bought it.
Hubby was all like "Did you even go look at the new Mustangs?" and I was like "What for?" so to mollify him we went and looked at the Mustangs and he agreed I had excellent taste, the stangs just looked cheap.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #66
dkg11

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Camaro was my number one choice since i saw them in transformers...only thing was i never thought it would be realistic for me... so a used charger R/T was my first... then i got an SS=]
Custom tune by Bob Morreale www.thetuningschool.com
QTP Electronic Exhaust cut-outs
12'' Alpine type R with 1500watts double ported box
Tinted windows
392RWHP on Mustang Dyno
dkg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #67
PatsRS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Always a Camaro since I was a kid. But if I was going for pure speed alone and had the extra bucks it would be a Vette.

GM ALL THE WAY!

PatsRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #68
Travis64

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1lt rs auto 4-9-11
i didnt even want a new car,my car was only 2 years old but once i seen the camaro i had to have it
Travis64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #69
ROADWAR
Dead Man Riding

Drives: 2012 1LT
Several considerations here. When I bought my latest Camaro I was working with a budget between $ 25K to $ 28K cause we only buy now what we can pay for at purchase. I wanted a Camaro in 2010 but didn't have enough money so ended up getting the Mazdaspeed which is a great car (for front wheel drive) but it's actually less "practical" than the Camaro. The hard core performance orientation means it rides hard and the turbocharged motor and abrupt clutch require complete concentration. It's a great street and track toy but maybe not nearly so good a daily driver as the regular 3 sedans. So when I got ready to buy this time I wanted a little less hard core feel and a little more every day practicality. I considered the Mustang V6 and the Dodge Charger along with the Camaro. To me, the Mustang is uglier every year since 2010. I wanted more of an "old school" muscle car feel for the Charger (not really interested in the fancy stereo, leather, big wing spoiler, etc). So I practically begged Dodge to take my money for a "police package" Charger with the heavy duty components without all the other fluff. They wouldn't sell me one although they sell them to Police agencies in NC all day for $ 22K. It all worked for the best as I have come home to Camaro which I should have just done right from the start. I love my new "kinda plain" 323 HP Camaro Chrysler's loss is my gain! I did drive by to show the Dodge fleet guy my new "Charger".
Front Bowtie delete

Former Camaros:
1982 Z28 4 speed manual
1985 Z28 TPI automatic
1995 Z28 6 speed manual
ROADWAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #70
gr8whitebuff

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Had a 05 srt-4 paid off and I felt at my age it was time to step into a grown mans car so went to the dealer traded the srt and got a ss then went back 3 months later and got a cruze for a dd that way the camaro only comes out on nice sunny days
gr8whitebuff is offline   Reply With Quote