Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-30-2009, 04:27 AM   #29
Ringo
Politically incorrect

Drives: 2SS/RS
Whats the story with the mesh shock tower pieces? Looks really good!

Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:35 AM   #30
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
that SS is so sweet on the hood

love the flames too
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:53 AM   #31
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
I'm not feeling it... not my thing.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:20 AM   #32
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Just a question:

Will all that shiny metal keep the heat in your engine bay more? I showed my wife these pics and the first thing she said was, "Yeah, you'll cook your engine like a baked potato."

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:00 AM   #33
Ringo
Politically incorrect

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Just a question:

Will all that shiny metal keep the heat in your engine bay more? I showed my wife these pics and the first thing she said was, "Yeah, you'll cook your engine like a baked potato."
You know that hood piece will reflect heat big time. This is show and shine stuff that I wouldn't consider for a daily driver. Keeping it clean would be pretty difficult as well if you drove it for any length of time.

Last edited by Ringo; 08-30-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:41 AM   #34
AmericanCarCraft

Drives: Inferno Orange SS2
Firstly I want to thank you all for the comments! Keep them coming!

Thank you kishlop007, 1320junkie, gentry78 and indpowr! And indpowr we never outshine anyone and their own time and hard work, if anything we just shine a little differently

OusoonersGirl, Just wondering which part you were not a fan of, the hood fade graphic, the headlight and bumper black outs, or maybe the hood grille insert? Thanks for the comment!

RS/SS you are completely right in saying that! We at American Car Craft will not use chrome due to its cheap quality and lack of longevity. Chrome will pit and rust, but with 304 stainless steel, it will never rust or lose its luster and shine. When you buy a product from ACC we guarantee that, if taken care of properly like anything, will keep the same shine and overall quality forever!

DDustinN - Each part we make is made around the idea that, we don't want people modifying the actual car itself. Our parts use either factory bolt holes or unused holes in the vehicle already to bolt in certain parts. If there are no holes available or if the part (like a gas cap) is not heavy we will use high quality 3M tape to adhere our part to the surface of the stock part. The tape can also be removed without damaging paint or anything else on the car!

Bently78 - No offense taken I do appreciate the input though, this is why I posted the thread in the first place. I want the opinions of enthusiasts and the general public due to the fact that you are the customers! The reason we went for the style on some of the parts is because the 5th Gen, although being the newest, is more modeled from the older, late 60's style Camaros. We went with things like rockers panels, fender trim, and mail slots because that styling was popular back then and a lot of the 5th Gen Camaro buyers, are enthusiasts that enjoyed that look on their own personal Camaros when they had one. We almost wanted to try and connect the gap between the years but still keep the aggressive new look that the 5th Gen has.

Ringo and djsnoflake - The perf inner fender/shock tower covers come out soon! In about 2 weeks we will be releasing them to the general public so check our website soon for updates!

As for the temperature issue mentioned, I have an answer! We have tested this specifically from speculation that our parts will act as heat magnet. We loaded up a C5 Corvette with a complete engine bay kit, which actually has more individual pieces than our Camaro, and we used another C5 Corvette with none of our parts at all. We drive to Illinois from Florida once a year for MidAmericas "Funfest" Corvette show and we drove both cars there stopping only for food and gas to see what our temps would be when we arrived. They were almost exactly identical. We have been creating these engine bay parts for over 15 years and we have not received a complaint yet due to engine bay temperatures.

A lot of these parts are more geared for the show enthusiast and visual appeal but they are practical for an everday driver if you don't mind the cleaning that is involved

Well I hope to hear more from everyone soon! Thanks again all for your comments and questions. Feel free to ask anything about the parts or just leave your general opinion on what you see!

Contact Me!
Judah@AmericanCarCraft.com

AmericanCarCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:08 PM   #35
GamecockFan

Drives: 2G1FK1EJ7A9117103
I like your products alot!! It's making me rethink my engine compartment plans.

Just one thing: Would it be possible on your website to highlight the sections of the pictures that pertain to the item you are selling. I can't tell 100% by the description and it's even harder when looking at your pictures. I am interested in your products though and keep up the awesome work.
GamecockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:27 PM   #36
AmericanCarCraft

Yes, that is possible I edit and maintain the website myself so let me know which parts your interested in and I will be able to send you more photos that will help you see exactly which part you need too!

Contact Me!

Old 09-21-2009, 09:52 AM   #37
AmericanCarCraft

Our Stainless steel Door Sils are now available in hand polished Stainless Steel combined with Carbon Fiber Accents!

Contact Me!

Tags
accessories, custom, graphic, show, steel