Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2016, 09:47 AM   #29
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
I also try to avoid peoples blind spot BUT from what I see the driver in the left lane put the OP in that position so he now has two choices, drive slower, from what I can see that means less than the speed limit, or drive faster which would make him guilty of speeding and passing on the right. That's why the left lane is for passing not travel, at least here in MA, not that it matters, people do what the Ff$k they want.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 10:05 AM   #30
LukeCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT1
The dash cam helps. If someone is camping out in the left land doing the speed limit they will get a ticket for it if you present that video when fighting your ticket.
LukeCamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:05 AM   #31
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
That pass took way too long, and never ride in another cars blind spot ...
Old 04-02-2016, 11:07 AM   #32
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Yep, this is the exact reason I don't mill around next to cars, especially in their blind spots. I either stay back, or get the F past them. People cannot be trusted to know you are there.

I was behind an 18-wheeler once during a blowout, and it scared me enough to never again want to stay near them too long. I get the hell away from them also.
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:32 PM   #33
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCamaro View Post
Yep, this is the exact reason I don't mill around next to cars, especially in their blind spots. I either stay back, or get the F past them. People cannot be trusted to know you are there.

I was behind an 18-wheeler once during a blowout, and it scared me enough to never again want to stay near them too long. I get the hell away from them also.
I once advised my sister to follow the truckers (because they move along, and know where the cops are) on a long trip from Seattle to Houston. Felt pretty bad when the semi she was following blew a tire and took out her windshield. Obviously, we all avoid them like the plague now...

I HATE left lane campers who will not let you get by the semi. Washington State Patrol is currently running a passing lane emphasis campaign because the issue causes so many accidents, road rage incidents, and general congestion.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:11 PM   #34
Cyber10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Glad you and hopefully your car are ok OP. I would suggest not to *****foot around when passing though. I drive a lot of highway miles to and from work every week, if I need to pass someone, I hurry up and pass them so I don't get caught in a situation like you did.
Cyber10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:03 PM   #35
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sswiss3000 View Post
tonight was a close call. I love the brakes on our Cars

https://youtu.be/UE6RXfJETpk

FYI, passing on the right is perfectly legal in IL.
You were in his blind spot for a while there . If your going to pass someone pass them . You kind of caused that your self .
Old 04-02-2016, 09:52 PM   #36
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
That wasn't a pass... That was parking In a blind spot.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 10:10 PM   #37
mustang50lx

Drives: 2015 SS
I had a close call today. Getting on a highway the guy in the lane closest to me moves over 1 lane to let me in and some jack off in a VW speeding passes him on the right and almost hits me. I slammed on the brakes and a Nissan Z-Car almost hits me from the back. I kinda wanted to go after the little dick in the VW but my wife stopped me.
mustang50lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:23 AM   #38
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
Quote:
Originally Posted by sswiss3000 View Post
Now that you are mentioning this and I am re-watching the video, my radio turned of right as i slammed on the brakes and honked my horn. This is interesting.
I was thinking later that maybe I hit the mute button when I laid on the horn. Now I might do that again in a controlled environment and see what happens.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:52 PM   #39
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
When they say "no passing on the right" I believe they mean "No Passing on the Shoulder or breakdown lane".

That was a two lane..

Dude didn't signal, looked more like he just drifted across like he wasn't paying attention. Forget those who said it was your fault, it wasn't, but a little more Defensive Driving might have helped (IE get past him quicker).

I say MIGHT because you could have floored it to pass and the dude could have done the same thing (drift over into your lane) and you would have collided.
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:40 PM   #40
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Glad you and your Camaro are ok, thanks to your kitty cat like reflexes and Brembos.

However, I did miss one thing... I heard the radio but didn't hear you say something to the extent of, "you f***ing a**hole" or "son of a b**ch"

lol
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:53 PM   #41
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Wow that was close.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:57 PM   #42
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
If your going to pass on the right better do it quickly. Passing someone so slowing will get you in trouble in any lane situation...
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote