Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2016, 07:42 PM   #1
hefengloven

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Niche Milans

I am probably posting this in the wrong place and someone is going to get their feelings hurt but whatevs. I really want to thank some of the people on here for posting their experiences with different wheel and tire combinations (Notably Spec and Raptor3141). I went with some Niche Milans in the 8.5x20 and 10.5x20 sizes with +35 offsets. For tires I went with the Yokohama 295/35R20 in back and 255/40R20 up front. I liked the offset Spec has up front so I purchased a set of the Eibach 25mm spacers. To clear the parking brake in the rear I asked the guys at Discount tire to put the reverse valve stems in the normal TPMS location and swedge the TPMS sensors under the normal valve stems (told to never let the tires run too low or I could wipe them out). The tire sizes got me within a couple of mm in diameter so I have not thrown any Stabilitrak or ABS lights on. I have about an inch of clearance with the fender in the back, learning from another forum member that 315's can rub. The Yokohama ADVEN sport V105 tires feel planted and offer more compliance than the Pirellis (Pirellis did have 25k miles on them, can't complain too much). SCT X4 programmer for the tire size difference is on the way after some reviews of others on the forum. Thanks!
Attached Images

hefengloven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:08 PM   #2
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Looks awesome!
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:47 PM   #3
hefengloven

Thank You!
Old 04-03-2016, 12:09 AM   #4
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Looks great! Now you need to lower it lol
Old 04-03-2016, 12:16 AM   #5
Ippon14

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet 2ssRs1Le
Nice job!

2015 Jaguar XF
2008 GMC Denali
2013 Cadilac CTS
Ippon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:38 AM   #6
Smog Rods

Drives: 2010 SS
Car looks great i have the same wheels
Smog Rods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:50 AM   #7
hefengloven

Thanks! I definitely need to lower it. I can't decide if I should just get some shorter Eibach springs or go with the Race Tech coil overs that many on here have.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:34 PM   #8
Orange 2010 Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefengloven View Post
Thanks! I definitely need to lower it. I can't decide if I should just get some shorter Eibach springs or go with the Race Tech coil overs that many on here have.
I am confused. Did you add the 25 mm. spacers to the back side of the rear wheels, bolting them to the factory wheel studs to move the wheel farther out to clear the brake cables? Here is a photo of my 2010 SS that I recently added the same size width wheels as you did,, front & rear, & exactly the same tire sizes,front & rear, on 19 in wheels. The offsets are 32 mm. in the front & 25 in the rear. Your SS looks great! I went with Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires from Tire Rack. Wheels are BBS CH -R up front & APEX EC-7 in the rear. The car has been lowered TWO FULL INCHES using Ride Tech Level Two coil overs.

All The Best

Orange 2010 Camaro
Attached Images

Orange 2010 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:49 PM   #9
hefengloven

Looks great! I put the 25mm adapters up front to bring the tires out to better match the rears. The parking brake cable was hitting the TPMS valve stem on the right rear until they swapped the TPMS position and pulled a valve through backwards on the inside hole. It did take them some time to carefully mount the tire with the TPMS valve in the outer hole. I did a horrible job of explaining that. I will definitely look at the Ride Tech's, thank you!
Old 04-05-2016, 02:04 PM   #10
Orange 2010 Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefengloven View Post
Looks great! I put the 25mm adapters up front to bring the tires out to better match the rears. The parking brake cable was hitting the TPMS valve stem on the right rear until they swapped the TPMS position and pulled a valve through backwards on the inside hole. It did take them some time to carefully mount the tire with the TPMS valve in the outer hole. I did a horrible job of explaining that. I will definitely look at the Ride Tech's, thank you!
Hey, I just wanted to show you a few photo's of my Ride Tech Level TWO coil over install. No one even comes close to the price point versus the Quality & Customer service that you get from Ride Tech.

If I remember right, I think my set was about $2200.00 plus tax & shipping.I bought my set from Summit Racing, but there are several other companies that sell them. You can also order them direct on their web site as well.

They use Fox Shock Bodies & HyperCo 2 1/2 in. diameter springs! Enough Said! They also come with a million mile warranty on EVERY SINGLE COMPONENT PART! They also have THE BEST customer service in the buisiness, & you can call them FIVE days a week for help & you talk to a REAL PERSON ! you DO NOT leave your name & number, wondering when & if someone will call you back!

I worked as a machinist , as well as a quality control inspector in automotive manufacturing for 35 plus years, so I know a thing or two about quality when I see it!

All The Best,

Orange 2010 Camaro
Attached Images

Orange 2010 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote