Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-05-2016, 09:51 AM   #1
Geelouise

Drives: 2011 v6
Thoughts on this

I have now decided to buy a used bumper locally from a guy off craigslist. Here's the thing.. It says in the ad "repaired ready to sand and paint". The front bumper is at a body shop not too far from me so I'm going to look at it today. It's for a good price I think. It has everything I need on an SS bumper for $250. The guy sent me a text and said nothing is wrong with it other than a few scratches. No dents crackes deep scratches and he said no tabs were broken off. Here's the thing... It says "repaired". But in the pics it doesn't look like anything was repaired. Should I stay away??
Geelouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:14 AM   #2
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Look at it first to decide. "Repaired ready to sand/paint", means it has been "fixed" by some method, but needs some finish sanding and then painting.

I would be careful here, he may be trying to lowball you on the bumper, then charge you extra for "finishing" the job (sanding and painting).
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:59 PM   #3
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Don't do it.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:03 PM   #4
blackedOUTSS610

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS
Listen to PalmerGA
blackedOUTSS610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:40 PM   #5
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Wouldn't hurt to take a look. Probably came off a car that had minor damage or just scratches. I would inspect it very carefully and google the body shop for reviews etc.

It would have to be a very good deal as it must have had some kind of damage. Plus it didn't cost them anything but the repair.

As with anything Craigslist or Offer Up... Proceed with caution....

JMHO
Old 04-06-2016, 10:09 AM   #6
cb66

Drives: 13 2SS/RS HWSE Camaro # 959
I'd stay away from it, you will be better of finding one with no damage.
Roto Fab CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder series exhaust , Elite Engineering catch can, Range AFM delete ,Oracle LED side marker lights ,Plasma LED DRL Lights & harness, LED License Plate bulbs, Xpel Ultimate paint protection film.
cb66 is offline   Reply With Quote