Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #29
Danimal

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS
got it covered... it was the old version with clips and not the newer version with bungees.
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #30
BlueRay-J

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Convertible
Update:

Took it to Rodgers and they did great work. Its about 80% gone, but I'm not certain its even possible for them to fix it completely.

What they found was a missing pinch weld on in the sheet metal in the passenger rear which was causing it to rub. How significant is this to the car's structure? The dealer used some sort of seam sealer to try and fix... not sure exactly. But will this cause more problems in the future? Why should I have to settle for a car that is missing something significant like this? Let me know what you think... is a missing pinch weld a minor issue and common? I want a different car, honestly because I'm concerned its going to just be a rattle trap for the life of it.... Maybe someone can educate me on true significance of this issue.

Rodgers is indeed an outstanding dealership and worth the ride. I met the tech who was riding around in the trunk to try and find the source of the rattle. He even had carpet burns on his elbows.
BlueRay-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:57 PM   #31
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Old 12-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #32
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRay-J View Post
Update:

Took it to Rodgers and they did great work. Its about 80% gone, but I'm not certain its even possible for them to fix it completely.

What they found was a missing pinch weld on in the sheet metal in the passenger rear which was causing it to rub. How significant is this to the car's structure? The dealer used some sort of seam sealer to try and fix... not sure exactly. But will this cause more problems in the future? Why should I have to settle for a car that is missing something significant like this? Let me know what you think... is a missing pinch weld a minor issue and common? I want a different car, honestly because I'm concerned its going to just be a rattle trap for the life of it.... Maybe someone can educate me on true significance of this issue.

Rodgers is indeed an outstanding dealership and worth the ride. I met the tech who was riding around in the trunk to try and find the source of the rattle. He even had carpet burns on his elbows.
That's outstanding!
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #33
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
wow. how did he get in the trunk? must have been a little twerp. lol
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #34
BlueRay-J

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Convertible
He crammed in there and was a little on the shorter size. But not a small person by any means.

Anyway I have at least 4 new rattles. All of the seat belt retractors and a new one deep in the dash, the windows and headrest. I've owned over 20 cars and this one I dislike the most. It just hasn't been an enjoyable experience.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
BlueRay-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #35
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRay-J View Post
He crammed in there and was a little on the shorter size. But not a small person by any means.

Anyway I have at least 4 new rattles. All of the seat belt retractors and a new one deep in the dash, the windows and headrest. I've owned over 20 cars and this one I dislike the most. It just hasn't been an enjoyable experience.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
BlueRay-J,

I know we've interacted before but I'm very sorry to hear about these continued issues. Feel free to message me and I'll reach out to your dealer's Customer Experience Manager and let them know that you still have vehicle concerns. Here to help.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote