Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-21-2014, 12:39 AM   #1
Mistah SS

Drives: 2013 1SS
MyLink display blank

Anyone have an issue with the display lighting going out? I drove to work a couple of days ago and it was fine. When I left work, the touch screen never did light back up. I've had it temporarily dim so low I can barely see it at night a couple times but never completely blank. The touch area still works and I've been able to change radio stations and answer/hang up calls because of memory and finger prints on the screen. It acts like something never reset when the power was restored.
I have to remove the battery power to work on something else tomorrow and I wondered if this would trigger a reset.
Mistah SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:59 AM   #2
Zippin Yellow

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow RS
Took wife's in yesterday for the same issue. The buttons on the right side died about 2 months ago. The screen died three days ago. As you said, you could still use the touch screen and the steering wheel controls. Their fix was to unplug everything, I am thinking disconnect the battery and then hook everything back up. Works ok for now. We'll see. The paper trail has been started. Good luck.
Zippin Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:30 PM   #3
Mistah SS

Drives: 2013 1SS
Yeah, I dis-/reconnected the battery and it works. I tried to find ctrl, alt, delete but didn't see it so, it got a hard reboot. Thanks for the feedback.
Mistah SS is offline   Reply With Quote