Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-27-2008, 02:14 PM   #15
mowbr4

Drives: 2006 STI
You should go on an Accord forum and see if there are as many enthusiast as there are on this forum. That may tell you something,
mowbr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:16 PM   #16
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I'm not trying to disrespect Tom or anything, I'm just saying you "get it" or you don't as to why somebody would buy a Camaro over a Accord. Tom's co-worker just doesn't get it. And that's cool.
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:16 PM   #17
OUTATIME

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I think it's easier to adjust accordingly with FWD vs. RWD. It really depends on how skilled of a driver you are; I'd have no clue what will happen in a RWD car in the winter when my tail end spins out of control, but guess what? I'll take it slow, learn, and hopefully I won't damage anything.

Btw, since this car is 52/48 F/R weight distribution that should play a large roll in stability, right?
OUTATIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #18
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
And I want pics of your Corvette or you're lying. No Corvette owner would even entertain a question like that from an "Accord" owner....please!
How's this:

From our NCM Delivery

After I installed the body colored dash pieces

After I installed the Borla Sports

A few from my track days at Road America

Ate this for lunch

From the inside

My baseline dyno pull at 650 miles

And the collage my wife made consisting of my build sheet, window sticker and NCM Delivery sign

Oh and my favorite
My vanity plate reads AFVETTE (being retired USAF)

And I can be found over on the Corvette Forum under AFVETTE.

Do I pass muster???
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:55 PM   #19
jimbo57

Drives: 2010 SS, '06 EQUINOX, 72 MONTE
you want some salt for that shoe?
jimbo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:02 PM   #20
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau Tie View Post
They don't compare.

Comparing the 6 speed manual Accord Coupe to a Camaro is a very legitimate comparison, and it better be because GM needs the Camaro V6 to pull in people who might otherwise look at an Accord coupe, Nissan Altima V6 coupe, and perhaps a Toyota Solara V6 coupe.

For Camaro to succeed, the V6 must hold its own against those others, even the BMW 1 series. You can no longer look at just the Mustang and Challenger as the only competition for Camaro. It's a global automotive market, and Camaro must compete and succeed if we all want to see it make it past this first run of the 5th generation.

Seriously, what other coupe does GM offer with a manual transmission, DOHC V6, and under 30k? Camaro is it.

Forget the old days when it was only the Mustang. In fact, outside of the SS, I don't think it is fair to limit Camaro's scope to just the same old competition.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:35 PM   #21
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
How's this:

From our NCM Delivery

After I installed the body colored dash pieces

After I installed the Borla Sports

A few from my track days at Road America

Ate this for lunch

From the inside

My baseline dyno pull at 650 miles

And the collage my wife made consisting of my build sheet, window sticker and NCM Delivery sign

Oh and my favorite
My vanity plate reads AFVETTE (being retired USAF)

And I can be found over on the Corvette Forum under AFVETTE.

Do I pass muster???
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:39 PM   #22
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
we're cool.

And I am thinking about buying a Z06 since my 2LT/RS will be my DD.

Tom
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:41 PM   #23
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
This thread is why we need a smiley that is slapping another smiley. The Accord doesn't compete in any way with the Camaro. Rarely do I disrespect a car that we compare to the Camaro in any level of seriousness, but the Camaro is better on all fronts.

Headpunter, feel free to have another period.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #24
OUTATIME

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
This thread is why we need a smiley that is slapping another smiley. The Accord doesn't compete in any way with the Camaro. Rarely do I disrespect a car that we compare to the Camaro in any level of seriousness, but the Camaro is better on all fronts.

Headpunter, feel free to have another period.
I honestly think it's a legitimate comparison - for the Accord/Altima Coupe, not sedans (at all). If GM was able to tear me away from Honda to the extent that I'm visiting this site every hour for updates, a new color, a new angle, ANYTHING (and believe me, Honda fans don't go easily), how many more people like me are there? I have NEVER been a fan of the Mustang or Challenger <- retro-revival style wise/engine options - either too much or too little; GM knew they were making this car (Camaro V6) appeal to the import crowd in addition to the muscle fans. All the testing we've been seeing shows they're taking reliability very seriously.
OUTATIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:37 PM   #25
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTATIME View Post
I honestly think it's a legitimate comparison - for the Accord/Altima Coupe, not sedans (at all). If GM was able to tear me away from Honda to the extent that I'm visiting this site every hour for updates, a new color, a new angle, ANYTHING (and believe me, Honda fans don't go easily), how many more people like me are there? I have NEVER been a fan of the Mustang or Challenger <- retro-revival style wise/engine options - either too much or too little; GM knew they were making this car (Camaro V6) appeal to the import crowd in addition to the muscle fans. All the testing we've been seeing shows they're taking reliability very seriously.
I'll give you this: the Camaro will take sales away from a lot of other cars. It represents a car segment that is oriented towards both performance and car culture, both of which are appealing to people that want a cool car and a car that makes a nice conversation piece. We here at Camaro5, love the Camaro because it has a lot to do with Chevrolet tradition. Some people will like that it is bringing the glory back to the American market. The V6 Camaro will annihilate the Accord at the track. It will also bring the pain to cars from other manufacturers, but the really impressive additions are options or standard 2LT features, like Bluetooth or ambient lighting. The Accord costs more, offers less, and competes with inferior performance. This is how a lot of cars are in comparison to the Camaro.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:26 PM   #26
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTATIME View Post
If GM was able to tear me away from Honda to the extent that I'm visiting this site every hour for updates, a new color, a new angle, ANYTHING (and believe me, Honda fans don't go easily), how many more people like me are there?
You can count me on that! I currently own a 2000 Prelude 5 speed I bought brand new in Dec. of 1999. It has over 202,000 miles on it now. There was a time not long ago when I had completely sworn GM off and had comitted to an Accord coupe 6 speed stick for my next car.

You are absolutely right when you say Honda fans don't go easy. Believe me, if it were not for the Camaro I still would get the Accord coupe (although, I admit I have given in to my desire for old fashioned American torque that NO ONE in Japan can do, and will get an SS).

People forget a few things: if the Camaro LT or LS was offered with some next generation of the 3900 and a 4 or 5 speed automatic, it would be certain doom. The fact that it has 300 horse puts it right on top of the Accord's 271 and the Altima's 290. And while the Camaro offers alot more than it ever did, don't forget the Accord EX V6 coupe with a 6 speed stick has everything you can get on the 2LT with the exception of the interior lighting and HIDs (mooroof, heated seats, remote operation of windows and roof, you name it) for exactly the same price ($27.5k is an Accord EX V6 w/o nav).

Those who disagree with this comparison should open their eyes to the global automotive market. The Camaro V6 needs to be premium because the competition is.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:28 PM   #27
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
hahahaha sorry i just read the title and started to laugh
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:30 PM   #28
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
As others have stated, it's all about the driving experience and the fun. I grew up learning to drive RWD cars and to me there's no comparison between rear wheel drive and wrong wheel drive.

Best regardSS,

Elie