Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-20-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
acamellis
IAMACE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black A6
Send a message via AIM to acamellis
Car hit by beer bottles...

So my date and I were out last night and around midnight we were driving through the residential area around campus. I come up to this stop sign and see a beer bottle shatter right in front of us. I look over and see about 7 drunks on the front lawn (fraternity will remain anonymous) they start chunking bottles at us and one hit. My date started to freak and I don't blame her. It took every ounce of energy not to pull my sidekick and go O.K. Corral. Instead I just utilized her 500 h.p. and the boys in blue. They made no arrests which is bs. The bottle that hit only hit my wheel so it didn't really do any damage. How do y'all think I handled this one?
acamellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
I would not stop and take on 7 drunk frat house hooligans alone. Damage to you and your car (and date) would have been much worse. You did the right thing, get the helloutathere.
Using deadly force against second class vandals would also get you in a heap o'trouble. The bottles were chucked because they were jealous. Alcohol consumption and gang mentality makes you brave. Once sober, these kids are probably geeks and nerds.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:31 AM   #3
acamellis
IAMACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
I would not stop and take on 7 drunk frat house hooligans alone. Damage to you and your car (and date) would have been much worse. You did the right thing, get the helloutathere.
Using deadly force against second class vandals would also get you in a heap o'trouble.
Well I agree but I feared for her and my lives. This is Texas we're talking about. 7 unarmed drunks < 1 armed and sober gentleman with something to fight for.
I'm not saying it'd be right to gun them all down by any means. Just making a point.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:33 AM   #4
Phantom.5SS
Hell yeah I'm Guilty.....

Drives: 2010 2-SS ABM NON-RS
Good call, you know where they live and there is no better revenge than a revenge thought thru.
Dog Poo in the mail box.....Shave cream in the road spelling "$#!t lives here ^"

Best of all, and my personal favorite..constant letters to the College Dean regarding the frat and requesting "disciplinary action for conduct unbecomeing the institution and fraternity".

Spell out all the details of the evening and include a copy of the police report.
Best of all they have no clue its you..they're stupid college kids not detectives.
Keep calling in noise complaints and include copies of those reports as well.
Yeah, I had a FRAT 2 houses down...now they're gone / lost thier charter and I'm still here...HAHAHAHA!!
Phantom.5SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Drives: 68' & 70' Pontiac's /2004 D. Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom.5SS View Post
Good call,
Best of all, constant letters to the College Dean regarding the frat and requesting
"disciplinary action for conduct unbecomeing the institution and fraternity".
+ it's what I'd do !

The all new Convertible !, Welcome to the Fleet !
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
camaro692

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, G8 GT, HD FLHRX
QUOTE=upflying;2564868]I would not stop and take on 7 drunk frat house hooligans alone. Damage to you and your car (and date) would have been much worse. You did the right thing, get the helloutathere.
Using deadly force against second class vandals would also get you in a heap o'trouble. The bottles were chucked because they were jealous. Alcohol consumption and gang mentality makes you brave. Once sober, these kids are probably geeks and nerds.[/QUOTE]

They are FRAT kids How much damage can they do? OP, if your worth your salt at all you should be able to take 7 frat boys.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:39 AM   #7
acamellis
IAMACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom.5SS View Post
Good call, you know where they live and there is no better revenge than a revenge thought thru.
Dog Poo in the mail box.....Shave cream in the road spelling "$#!t lives here ^"
Best of all, constant letters to the College Dean regarding the frat and requesting "disciplinary action for conduct unbecomeing the institution and fraternity".
Ah a man who understands this system. I believe a letter to the University and their National Fraternity Headquarters is in order. I think they saw the Greek letters on the back of my car as I drove away. aka they're screwed
Old 11-20-2010, 11:43 AM   #8
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
They are on the edge of being the losers of the world, being supported by good ol mom and dads hard earned money. The funniest T-shirt I have? "I have a Bachelor of Arts Degree" (in small letters below it) "Do you want fries with that?" snort....You did the right thing and can post about it the next day!
wrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:43 AM   #9
acamellis
IAMACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro692 View Post
QUOTE=upflying;2564868]I would not stop and take on 7 drunk frat house hooligans alone. Damage to you and your car (and date) would have been much worse. You did the right thing, get the helloutathere.
Using deadly force against second class vandals would also get you in a heap o'trouble. The bottles were chucked because they were jealous. Alcohol consumption and gang mentality makes you brave. Once sober, these kids are probably geeks and nerds.

They are FRAT kids How much damage can they do? OP, if your worth your salt at all you should be able to take 7 frat boys.[/QUOTE]

I'm a 'frat kid' sir. I uphold a little more class and standards than they can be credited for obviously. And no offense but guys in their early 20s are probably capable of some damage. Look at every war fought throughout history...
Old 11-20-2010, 11:49 AM   #10
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
wait about a month then get even . if you do it today or tomorrow they will know it was you."anticipation of death is worse then death itself".trust me .
Old 11-20-2010, 01:19 PM   #11
AZ2SSRS

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Wow. Beer bottles thrown at a moving vehicle by a bunch of drunks and the cops make no arrests.
Incredible.
AZ2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:24 PM   #12
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
You did well....I would have lost it. As mentioned, report it to the college and they will make them pay attention.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:38 PM   #13
Topdown
The wait is over!

Drives: 2010 Camaro, IOM, L99, Auto
as an ex frat kid that put myself through school by working construction and removing asbestos (yes, removing asbestos)... I can tell you right now, even worth your salt, you had no chance and only someone dumber than the empty beer bottle would have tried.

Most times Frats arent what the movies portray, droves of drunken preppy douche-bags lipping off and calling their dad/lawyers when they get in trouble. Lots of us blue-collar frat-brats spent more than our fair share of time actually working to survive.

You did the right thing IMO... the official police report to the Frat and the college is a great move.

personally, I probably would have gotten out, stepped up and fired a single round into the air and waited for the police to show up to investigate... but, thats making an assumption or two about Texas and the concealed carry laws there. Either way, not gunning them down was the right move. Getting them kicked out of the Frat and out of that school would be a great punishment... explain that to your lawyer dad you preppy douche-bag. lol

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Topdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #14
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
BOTTLES

I ended up getting lost before a Brewer Game down in Milwaukee with my mom. We were trying to find a restaurant and we got lost in the ghettos of Milwaukee. Their was a school bus full of kids so they were seriously throwing out full 20oz cranberry plastic bottles out the windows of the bus. One bottle hit the van in front of us but I backed up so it wouldn't hit us. I love Milwaukee and all but if I lived down there my camaro would get attacked for sure if I would have about 20 pitbulls tied to the side I would be fine
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote