Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-05-2014, 02:10 AM   #57
ZL155
Banned

Drives: 13' ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevi286 View Post
The sticker on the windshield. Not sure what it even says. Btw, anyone who has any knowledge about zl1s will know exactly what it is.
Very untrue.. it will just be passed off as a car trying to be one. Until you pop the Hood that is.
Changing the looks of a ZL1 unfortunately takes away from what it truly is because there are so many regular camaros trying to be it.
That's how I see it anyways... and I have all the knowledge about my car one could have...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
ZL155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:18 AM   #58
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
If you like it that's all that matters. I think it looks fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:26 AM   #59
chevi286

Drives: camaro zl1
Anyone who knows a zl1 will also note the unique exposed carbon fiber insert, zl1 front bumper, rear exhaust and diffuser , wheels and tires. However, 90% of the general public wouldn't know any specific Camaro model, by any means other than the emblems on the car
chevi286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:00 AM   #60
ZL155
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevi286 View Post
Anyone who knows a zl1 will also note the unique exposed carbon fiber insert, zl1 front bumper, rear exhaust and diffuser , wheels and tires. However, 90% of the general public wouldn't know any specific Camaro model, by any means other than the emblems on the car
Old 12-05-2014, 05:25 PM   #61
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL155 View Post
Very untrue.. it will just be passed off as a car trying to be one. Until you pop the Hood that is.
Changing the looks of a ZL1 unfortunately takes away from what it truly is because there are so many regular camaros trying to be it.
That's how I see it anyways... and I have all the knowledge about my car one could have...

Yup I agree with what you are saying ZL155.

Oh the hood will be popped. At events.

To most of you guys Nickey might not mean very much but to the midwest and those aware of the reputation and quality. They have turned out some of the fastest cars you could ever hope to see.

So I made my car a Nickey car. It's not a 2SS, a 1LE, or a ZL1. It's a Nickey car. I like to support local business and Showstopers is just as hot and involved in Camaro's as anybody.

At least that is what I'm trying to do. If that makes sense.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:39 PM   #62
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Get a carbon fiber hood
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 03:29 AM   #63
Mutant Racer

I'm already contemplating dropping my car off at Nickey then sending it straight to Pete at Showstoppers. Both shops are located in the same town that I call Camaro HQ.

Performance then a double whammy with that spoiler.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:18 PM   #64
ZL155
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
I'm already contemplating dropping my car off at Nickey then sending it straight to Pete at Showstoppers. Both shops are located in the same town that I call Camaro HQ.

Performance then a double whammy with that spoiler.
Nothing to contemplate. Definitely go for it!

Old 12-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #65
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
I think it looks great and also wouldn't confuse it for a 1LE. A match color rear spoiler would balance it out and also tie in the stripes more.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:32 PM   #66
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
I like it. Would do away with side stripes, but the hood is neat.
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #67
speedmon

Drives: C6 Z06
I think the hood looks great and just enough contrast to go with the side stripes......

I'm not a big fan of the ZL013 sticker on the lower windshield.....I would move that to under the hood or get a custom badge made and stick it inside the cockpit.......but it not my car and its all about personalization.
speedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:06 PM   #68
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
I'm not a fan but I think one of the Moreno's CF spoilers would help bring it together.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:40 PM   #69
white1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I loved that hood on my 1LE I had and couldn't believe the people that peeled the vinyl wrap off as soon as they got the car. Considered it on my ZL1 but also thought it would mock a 1LE. I think the original badges would really make the difference.
white1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:17 AM   #70
Mutant Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL155 View Post
Nothing to contemplate. Definitely go for it!

I contacted them yesterday and plans are in the works, the money is there too! Stay tuned for some updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
I think it looks great and also wouldn't confuse it for a 1LE. A match color rear spoiler would balance it out and also tie in the stripes more.
Yeah it definitely will balance it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
I like it. Would do away with side stripes, but the hood is neat.
The side stripes are part of the Nickey package making my ZL1 a Nickey car and they play a large roll in events around Chicago and are more than just a mod shop.

The nice thing about that is I like to support honest shops who do good work and take excellent care of their customers. Showstoppers would be the only other business I would allow near my car. Most other shops I've brought my car to had an arrogance problem and pretty much treated me as if I should be grateful just to stand in their presence.

I'm sure you guys have bumped in to places like that.

From what I understand there is only 1 other car that is similar to mine in color with those Nickey stripes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarx82 View Post
I'm not a fan but I think one of the Moreno's CF spoilers would help bring it together.
I will give those a look! Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by white1LE View Post
I loved that hood on my 1LE I had and couldn't believe the people that peeled the vinyl wrap off as soon as they got the car. Considered it on my ZL1 but also thought it would mock a 1LE. I think the original badges would really make the difference.
I'll spend a little more time contemplating re-installing the ZL1 badges. That needs another round of consideration.

There is no way however to mock a 1LE, those cars are too cool, but remember guys the 1LE is a package, not a model. For anybody to think my car is a 2SS wth a 1LE package is kinda silly. Initial impressions sure but I think a large majority of you guys will see a ZL1. If that makes sense.