Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-23-2014, 06:04 AM   #519
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
This was Brandon's first video, and I am encouraging him to do more. I will have him slow down even more. I am not a Spring chicken myself.

3400, glad that helped. Settings for each module are stored on the module, so to change individual module settings, the module has to be powered up. That switch has always been a source of confusion for new users.
Joe@NightOwlLEDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 02:21 PM   #520
masonacdc

Drives: 2LS Inferno Orange "PHOENIX"
I Sent Joe a message but he might be busy wonder how everyone here did there underglow set up I just wanna do down under both doors then to a switch then to my master control box I figured it'd the wiring would be connect red blue and green as normal but have black connect to the switch then connect into my box

PHOENIX 323HP "LEGENDS NEVER DIE"
masonacdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:42 PM   #521
masonacdc

bump still need help haven't heard back from anyone

Old 06-25-2015, 12:46 PM   #522
jhiiidoc

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SLP Supercharged
What's the swich for
SLP TVS2300 Supercharger; 3.6" Pulley; CAI Intake; 72# Injectors; ZL1 Fuel Pump; ADM Fuel Pressure Regulator; BBK Full-Length Headers; Cat Delete; Dynomax Cat-Back Exhaust; Eibach Pro-Kit suspension;ZL1 Front Bumper; NightOwl Lighting; '14 Heat extractor hood mod; Seibon CF trunk; GM High Wing and side skirts; Technostalgia Taillights; Pioneer Navigation; Infinity Subs and Amps; Scosche Double-DIN kit; CF cabin overlays; Z28 replica wheels; Hurst Line-Lock;
jhiiidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:19 PM   #523
masonacdc

the switch is so I have independent control to the underglow so if the halos are on I can choose weather or not the underglow is on or off cause my city fine with halos on but not underglow

Old 06-25-2015, 02:33 PM   #524
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Have them on a separate module to control on/off/color with the app. If you want the ability to quickly turn them off without messing with your phone/app. Have the default as off, then reach in your console and unplug wifi. Scenario would be your driving with under glows or a illegal halo color, you see a cop, unplug to default setup.

Last edited by OKCwhiteKnight; 06-25-2015 at 02:44 PM.
OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:14 PM   #525
jhiiidoc

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SLP Supercharged
Pick a default halo color that won't get you in trouble...

Using the halo module, put the underbody LEDs on a different channel from your halos.

Use a separate module for the underbody and put the power wiring for it on the swirch.

You live somewhere where every RS Camaro made since 2010 has illegal headlights?
SLP TVS2300 Supercharger; 3.6" Pulley; CAI Intake; 72# Injectors; ZL1 Fuel Pump; ADM Fuel Pressure Regulator; BBK Full-Length Headers; Cat Delete; Dynomax Cat-Back Exhaust; Eibach Pro-Kit suspension;ZL1 Front Bumper; NightOwl Lighting; '14 Heat extractor hood mod; Seibon CF trunk; GM High Wing and side skirts; Technostalgia Taillights; Pioneer Navigation; Infinity Subs and Amps; Scosche Double-DIN kit; CF cabin overlays; Z28 replica wheels; Hurst Line-Lock;
jhiiidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:32 PM   #526
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Forgot, separate module would require a switch. Referring to color of halos, not the halos themselves obviously. Here, Red,Blue and flashing lights are illegal with the exception of emergency flashers. I assume underglows, no matter the color are illegal also. I run with light green or Amber with white as default.

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:04 PM   #527
masonacdc

I'm using oracle colorshift control box not night owl they told me there lights work with there's tho

Old 06-26-2015, 10:34 AM   #528
a.morblu

Drives: 2011 Sinister SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCwhiteKnight View Post
Have them on a separate module to control on/off/color with the app. If you want the ability to quickly turn them off without messing with your phone/app. Have the default as off, then reach in your console and unplug wifi. Scenario would be your driving with under glows or a illegal halo color, you see a cop, unplug to default setup.
This . Using a different module and controlling them independently is going to be your best method of doing what you want imho.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:36 AM   #529
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: Rally Yellow 2012 ZL1
Apparently NightOwl has closed up shop... Which is sad because Joe always handled all issues quickly.

Joe, if you read this, please let me know if I can get the app source code (for at least Android). I'd like to be able to keep the app functional on future OS updates.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:38 PM   #530
RpdFire

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS
Well that is not good, especially since I was just going to try and get a hold of him about a problem.

Maybe someone in the community knows, I keep loosing the red on one of the headlight halos. randomly comes back and starts working. I am guessing possibly a driver going bad as I had a similar problem with the fog light halos and Joe fixed me up right away.
Is anyone still selling the modules or parts? I guess i better pick up some backup items so I don't need to swap the whole system at some point. I love it.
RpdFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:16 PM   #531
sjmautoprod

Drives: '16 2SS
How long ago did you get it? I recall issues being found with a batch of LEDs.

Check all connections. If those are good, I would suspect the LED. You can possibly check by swapping the cables around.
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:33 AM   #532
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
As Joe told me some 2 years ago, the manufacturer of the LED'S hade the wires in side the LED in a bad spot, and it's the internal wires that make the red work or not work.

See if you can find where to get a new LED for the head light.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote