Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-26-2013, 10:26 PM   #15
RiCEADDiCTBOY

Drives: 2012 Camaro
I'm not trying to be overly paranoid - but, I had no initial idea that the Camaro utilized a "water bag" instead of having the water roll off the top naturally.

Also, it seemed many are having "rubbing" issues as well as gaps after periods of time. Paying the amount we do for these cars - one would hope that issues wouldn't occur. I understand that there are always "problems" that can arise from anything - but, the amount of groups, posts and etc. dedicated just to the convertible tops is alarming.

I am a medically retired USAF individual here and time and money is very important to me. I just want to know that the car I am buying and intend on having for a long time - is a good investment...

I do appreciate the feedback from you all - again I am just starting to get scared when my new 2012 is delivered to the dealership from another dealership this Friday.
RiCEADDiCTBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #16
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Knowledge of these issues is your best ammunition. I would definitely ask them to run the VIN and see if that TSB was performed on it.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #17
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCEADDiCTBOY View Post
I'm not trying to be overly paranoid - but, I had no initial idea that the Camaro utilized a "water bag" instead of having the water roll off the top naturally.

Also, it seemed many are having "rubbing" issues as well as gaps after periods of time. Paying the amount we do for these cars - one would hope that issues wouldn't occur. I understand that there are always "problems" that can arise from anything - but, the amount of groups, posts and etc. dedicated just to the convertible tops is alarming.

I am a medically retired USAF individual here and time and money is very important to me. I just want to know that the car I am buying and intend on having for a long time - is a good investment...

I do appreciate the feedback from you all - again I am just starting to get scared when my new 2012 is delivered to the dealership from another dealership this Friday.
Well usually it's many of the same people popping up in different places and that makes the problem seem a lot worse than it actually is. And of course those that have few or no issues are less likely to post page after page of complaints. Since yours is a leftover 12 it may be a late build 12. Ask for a build sheet for your car. I got one on mine and it shows the dates when the major components were assembled and when it was completed.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #18
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:

My 2011 has no top issues except some road noise. Don't know how many have issues but some like mine don't have any. Only thing so far is a grind into 2nd gear when the manual trans is stone cold. Need to get that looked at.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #19
RiCEADDiCTBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragtopguy View Post
There was a TSB in March or April of '12 for the dealers to cut a piece of a bracket and put some 3M tape on to help with the wear marks, you should go to a decent dealer and have them run your numbers to see if this was done.
What kind of repair solution is that?? Sounds more like a band-aid solution... With weather and etc.... that 3M tape will come off and cause more issues?
Old 03-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #20
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Quote:
What kind of repair solution is that?? Sounds more like a band-aid solution... With weather and etc.... that 3M tape will come off and cause more issues?
LOL, I know, you're right.....but that was their way of dealing with the 'V' marks over the doors.....helped a little bit, but not much. I'm just living with them for now, I don't want them messing with a waterproof top because lots of people have had worse issues resulting from dumbass technicians that don't know what they are doing at the dealerships.

Now, if I start getting holes, or water on the floors from the waterbag, then I will have to take a chance.....hopefully not, I can enjoy my Silver Streak for a while yet.

[/SIZE]

Old 03-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #21
RiCEADDiCTBOY

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364357434.283823.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  245.1 KB

I know that some Camaro's don't come with the Tonneau covers... Does this mean mine does?

Also, my build date is 9/12/2011

VIN: 2G1FB3D39C9120859
Old 03-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #22
Calikenn

Drives: 2012 Corvette GS
For 2012 model year, 1LT and 1SS did not come with a tonneau cover. 2LT and 2SS did. I have a 1LT and had to pay for mine.
Calikenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #23
RiCEADDiCTBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikenn View Post
For 2012 model year, 1LT and 1SS did not come with a tonneau cover. 2LT and 2SS did. I have a 1LT and had to pay for mine.
On my paperwork it has it listed... ??
Old 03-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #24
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
On my paperwork it has it listed... ??
If the car was ordered from the factory with one it will be on the build sheet. It was optional on models where it wasn't standard equipment.

I just notice that paper has folding rear seat with trunk passthrough listed, the convertible does not have it.
Just what is that paper?
Old 03-27-2013, 12:02 AM   #25
RiCEADDiCTBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
If the car was ordered from the factory with one it will be on the build sheet. It was optional on models where it wasn't standard equipment.

I just notice that paper has folding rear seat with trunk passthrough listed, the convertible does not have it.
Just what is that paper?
Here is the full pageName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364360530.856879.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  251.5 KB
Old 03-27-2013, 12:02 AM   #26
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Exactly what trim level did you buy? 1LT? 2LT? Mine is a 2LT and the cover came with it along with heated seats and HUD and backup camera.

[/SIZE]

Old 03-27-2013, 12:03 AM   #27
RiCEADDiCTBOY

Second pageName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364360581.633084.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  261.9 KB
Old 03-27-2013, 12:04 AM   #28
RiCEADDiCTBOY

It is a 1LT, but the build page says it has the cover...