Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #15
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmiller8 View Post
Yeah ! I do not mind either. I know that the vette knew I would not damage his car and vise versa.
Exactly. I was sitting in mine when the dude in the Vette pulled up. We nodded at each other with the same understanding....NO DOOR DINGS!

Old 05-01-2010, 01:04 PM   #16
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Its official--- several people with nice cars park poorly-- Other yellow Camaro is on the line, and the Vette is obviously taking up to spots to avoid damage.

I had a friend who literally took up to spots with his mini cooper AND he parked crooked in those two spots.. It was the most obnoxious thing ever.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:29 PM   #17
billmiller8
Bill

Drives: Rally Yellow Bumble Bee 2
I understand what you are saying, ' BUT " you know how some people are, they are jealous of others with nice cars and purposely fling there doors open to ding your car, as you will notice the cars where parked all the way at the end of the lot, it's a long walk but worth it. it is not like you are taking up 2 spots close to the stores, also it is alot easier to view parking lot camera's if someone does damage your car from that far away . Think about that, They may damage your car with other cars around but not that far away sitting by itself, way too obvious.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #18
jrc1122

Quote:
I understand what you are saying, ' BUT " you know how some people are, they are jealous of others with nice cars and purposely fling there doors open to ding your car, as you will notice the cars where parked all the way at the end of the lot, it's a long walk but worth it. it is not like you are taking up 2 spots close to the stores, also it is alot easier to view parking lot camera's if someone does damage your car from that far away . Think about that, They may damage your car with other cars around but not that far away sitting by itself, way too obvious.
Some people out there are so irratated by it, they will hit it with a shopping cart, or park close to it anyway, or worse key it.

I would NEVER do that stuff, but I do get very irratated when i see it.

An occasional on the line, or slightly crooked isn't that bad... but the obvious two spots for one car is annoying as hell.

I personally would never do it, because I know there are plenty of people out there who will go out of their way to mess with your car for thinking you are above the rules that everyone else follows.

Not to mention the term "nice car" is subjective. Some kids think their brand new Honda Civic with a fresh coat of wax, looking as shiney and spotless as can be, is special.. And they may feel parking in two spots is acceptable.

I know my buddy thought so with his Mini Cooper

Imagine if everyone with a car they cared about, parked like that?
Old 05-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #19
Jer4251
Camaro Addict

Drives: too many
i like how the camaro front end smiles and the mustang has a frown.
1992 Z28 Z03 L98
2018 Sierra Denali 6.2
1997 Z28 Z4C
1995 Z28
Old 05-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #20
DS1937
DS1937

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
Probably going to get some heat for this but I swear I like the front of the non SS cars better than the SS with the mail slot. It looks cleaner and closer to the old 69s.

And here is mine parked to a C6....

Ahh... it's whats behind the slot that counts!
Old 05-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #21
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
looks like they were made for each other! I've run across this myself. I've parked with Vettes and Vettes have parked with me and a number of nice vehicles. It makes me proud! and they know a good looking car when they see one!
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
Old 05-01-2010, 03:16 PM   #22
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
Exactly. I was sitting in mine when the dude in the Vette pulled up. We nodded at each other with the same understanding....NO DOOR DINGS!

You didn't find any tree branches or leaves in your car?
Wonder if the plants were offended how close you parked to them...invading their space...
Old 05-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #23
billmiller8
Bill

Drives: Rally Yellow Bumble Bee 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
Some people out there are so irritated by it, they will hit it with a shopping cart, or park close to it anyway, or worse key it.

I would NEVER do that stuff, but I do get very irritated when i see it.

An occasional on the line, or slightly crooked isn't that bad... but the obvious two spots for one car is annoying as hell.

I personally would never do it, because I know there are plenty of people out there who will go out of their way to mess with your car for thinking you are above the rules that everyone else follows.

Not to mention the term "nice car" is subjective. Some kids think their brand new Honda Civic with a fresh coat of wax, looking as shiney and spotless as can be, is special.. And they may feel parking in two spots is acceptable.

your intitled to your opinion, but if you look at the pictures there is no one anywhere near these cars and if you look carefully I am only in one spot not 2 just to the left of the drivers side is a striped line where no one can park and the vette is partly in my space not anyone else's. I do not know where you have been for the last 50 yrs or more but it has been going on for at least that long. I think you just need to get over it. I just do not understand people who worry about how people park a mile away from everyone else, just enjoy the pictures. If not just move on to next thread. Thank you.

Last edited by billmiller8; 05-04-2010 at 05:13 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:25 PM   #24
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
there's something about yellow cars that just make me all warm and fuzzy inside. lol
Old 05-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #25
lee

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
Some people out there are so irratated by it, they will hit it with a shopping cart, or park close to it anyway, or worse key it.

I would NEVER do that stuff, but I do get very irratated when i see it.

so what are you supposed to do? park where theres a higher risk of getting a ding? then what do you do when you see some moron ding your car? i park in the back taking up 2 spots as well because i dont want any dings, last weekend when i was getting out of my car and older guy told me if it was his car hed take up 3 spots
Old 05-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #26
jrc1122

Calm down there killers....

Feel free to park however you want. I am simply telling you how I feel about it, and I know plenty of other people who feel the same way.. Not to mention all my years of car forums I have seen similar topics come up, and usually most people agree with me. It is annoying to see people taking up two spots.

There are several ways to minimize the risk of damage without taking up 2 spots.

1. Park Far away (where little to no cars are)
2. Park Far away beside a median.. Reducing the risk from #1. by 50%
3. If you are meeting up with friends.. Park in between them, and ask them to be careful.
4. If you can't park far away-- still look for a median to reduce your risk by 50%
5. Find other "nice" cars that appear to be well taken care of and park by them (if the other options are not available)
6. If options 1 thru 4 aren't available then try to find the spot with newer smaller cars on each side. Giving you the security of more space, and the "nice" car factor.
7. Park as center as you can in your spot, giving as much from from the yellow line and your car.

Or just skip all that-- Park slanted in two spots, with your wheels turned out as if you are saying my car is awesome look at me look at me... But be careful.. That is when you get some guy leaning in, cupping his hands at your window to see through your tint, and his keys or belt buckle leave a nice set of scratches on your door.
Or a group of DB teenagers-- park near it and take pictures with their car to be cool. Or they get out and start posing near it... Maybe they will start horsing around and one of them will get pushed into your car?

Not to mention people tend to cut thru the far ends of parking lots. Sometimes Teenagers think those are perfect places to do an ebrake slide, or donuts.. So by taking away the stationary danger, you may have opened the door to moving dangers.

It is a bunch of "what ifs".. But that is the name of the game right? "What if "I park normally like everyone else.. "What if" I get a ding, or scratch.

Well my what ifs can happen too. I have seen donuts, i have seen parking lot cut throughs, I have seen fast drivers, I have seen teenagers hanging out at the far end of parking lots, sitting on their tail gates, throwing water,, which turns into an empty water bottle-- which now becomes a lightweight plastic projectile.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #27
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Walked out of store and found this:

Very cool but show off parking your asking for what your trying to avoid imo.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #28
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
I park in the middle of nowhere and will take up 4 spaces. People will F with your car no matter where your parked because they are jealous. Enjoy your vehicles everyone!

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

Closed Thread