Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #239
dadgordon

Drives: "95 grandcherokee/fordminivan
Thumbs up lots-a-ponys-runnin'

thats beauty! If it's got the CTS package they're a lotta ponys runnin' for the hills! and its got really great possibilitys my mind just clicked off a few. PRETTY RIDE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2008, 09:10 PM   #240
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
these are literally my exact sentiments....the concept was perfect...and the guys building the car should be careful not to take at full face value the praise of camaro enthusiasts because they are biased and don't represent the general buying crowd...i am a camaro and muscle car lover and the f-bods have been my favorite but it won't stop me from critiquing what i feel is a work in progress and no where near what my final vision nor what the concept had...its not like its un-salvageable as it definitely looks good in current form but it sure ain't timeless like the concept
I....what?!?! This is what I'm talking about, right here (^)
Why can we not like it? Why can you not accept that we like it? And why, (this is the important question) because we like it, does our input have less value than those who agree with you and do not?

We Like It!!! Arghhh
Old 07-12-2008, 09:15 PM   #241
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
^ I agree 100%
Old 07-12-2008, 09:26 PM   #242
-RO- Upgrade

Drives: 3.4 v6, black CamaRO
Send a message via Yahoo to -RO- Upgrade
Whats Up People

Ok Im in need of some help on my upgrade for me engine & some thoughs on this body kit, Im thinking about going with. Well first of all im going with a twin turbo v6, new tans. & a new rear end but I need to upgrade my bracks as well. Does anyone have any idea's on what brands I should go with or has anyone done a flip like this cause it's my first car & my first time to do something like this. So if u could help me I would be very greatful.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:06 PM   #243
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Why can we not like it? Why can you not accept that we like it? And why, (this is the important question) because we like it, does our input have less value than those who agree with you and do not?

We Like It!!! Arghhh
Exactly. If I didn't like it would say so. I'm not so biased as to be blind. I do not always agree with GM's decisions and product development. I honestly think this car looks HOT.

Some examples of, IMO, errors in the past. The Citation was an abortion. Calling that thing they made in the late 80s a "Nova' was, if you will, disrespectful to the name's heritage. Not making a Corvette in 1983 wasn't cool. The new Malibu is a nice car but I think they could have and should have come up with a new name.

And of course the biggest travesty, stopping Camaro production in 2002.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #244
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Drives: nothing now
I'm kind of surprised how some of you are acting here. I realize there is a lot of emotional attachment to this car but give me a break. You're acting like a front grill is the end of the world. I'm sure GM realizes it doesn't look great to everyone and that is why they are testing and allowing the public to see it. I would bet they are getting a general consensus on how people feel about it. Personally, I don't see anything wrong. I just want to see it in some more colors and cleaned up.

If SS or anybody on the camaro team reads this post out of the hundreds, just let me say, you're doing great and I appreciate your work on the camaro. Gm could have easily said, "forget the Camaro, we need to focus on economy sedans". But they didn't because they care about style and enthusiasts. Now, they are working on economy sedans but you get my point. Let's just remain calm, like Scott said, and just see what the final result is.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:12 PM   #245
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
I'm kind of surprised how some of you are acting here. I realize there is a lot of emotional attachment to this car but give me a break. You're acting like a front grill is the end of the world. I'm sure GM realizes it doesn't look great to everyone and that is why they are testing and allowing the public to see it. I would bet they are getting a general consensus on how people feel about it. Personally, I don't see anything wrong. I just want to see it in some more colors and cleaned up.

If SS or anybody on the camaro team reads this post out of the hundreds, just let me say, you're doing great and I appreciate your work on the camaro. Gm could have easily said, "forget the Camaro, we need to focus on economy sedans". But they didn't because they care about style and enthusiasts. Now, they are working on economy sedans but you get my point. Let's just remain calm, like Scott said, and just see what the final result is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

We Like It!!! Arghhh

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
Old 07-12-2008, 11:36 PM   #246
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_n_veins View Post
My bad. Didn't mean for the bold to show. You are half right when you say, "misunderstood/misrepresented info." How ever As I said I spoke with a gentalman that deals with direct contact to detriot on a weekly and sometimes daily bases, and he said NO LS8 engine will be produced. "CAFE REGS are the bad guy not I." The cafe is and has killed the hopes and dreams for many other GM projects that were supose to come to the U.S. but dure 35mpg by 2020 GM fells it's too risky at this time.

tell him to call me.

I don't recall ever seeing him in a Camaro team meeting.

Last edited by fbodfather; 07-12-2008 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:40 PM   #247
djgrind45

Drives: 02 wrangler
i like every thing except the back it sticks out to far u see the lights they made the back to pointy that should be pushed in more and i know i know they probly had to do it for safty reasons but it really ruins the car i hope its just the picture or it changes :(
Old 07-12-2008, 11:44 PM   #248
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
For what it's worth the grill is preventing me from placing an order for the car until I see what aftermarket options to fix it are available and at what price.

This car is NOT going to be a "daily driver" for me, and so it's basically going to be a "Toy", which I can live with or make due WITHOUT if I so choose. I already HAVE a Camaro I LOVE (which is paid for) so if I'm going to borrow money for a plaything then I have every right to expect it to be something I actually LIKE. The car has a few UNDERSTANDBALE differences from the concept (gas cap, B-pillars, etc) that I could "live with", but arbitrary and RANDOM cosmetic changes that dramatically alter the look of the car is deal breaker for the time being. I have a right to feel this strongly about it.

IF someone makes an aftermarket fix for any of these last minute mistakes in the design of the car then there's a chance I will reconsider IF the cost is not too high.

I'm not a camaro "traitor" for hating on the fisher-price fascia. Remember, I've still got my 2000 SS... and love it.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #249
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
they will all have LS3 motors the SS model versions anyways , where are you getting this info???
Oh REALLY???!!!???
Old 07-12-2008, 11:49 PM   #250
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
My uncle works for a guy who once sold cars at am olds dealership and he told me the Z/28 was going to get the LSB engine which is a supercharged dual mode hybrid based on the LSA engine and Lunar Rover hub motors!

Yeah... that's the ticket!
Old 07-12-2008, 11:50 PM   #251
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
For what it's worth the grill is preventing me from placing an order for the car until I see what aftermarket options to fix it are available and at what price.

This car is NOT going to be a "daily driver" for me, and so it's basically going to be a "Toy", which I can live with or make due WITHOUT if I so choose. I already HAVE a Camaro I LOVE (which is paid for) so if I'm going to borrow money for a plaything then I have every right to expect it to be something I actually LIKE. The car has a few UNDERSTANDBALE differences from the concept (gas cap, B-pillars, etc) that I could "live with", but arbitrary and RANDOM cosmetic changes that dramatically alter the look of the car is deal breaker for the time being. I have a right to feel this strongly about it.

IF someone makes an aftermarket fix for any of these last minute mistakes in the design of the car then there's a chance I will reconsider IF the cost is not too high.

I'm not a camaro "traitor" for hating on the fisher-price fascia. Remember, I've still got my 2000 SS... and love it.

Please calm down. You have not seen the final product -- and I believe when you see the final product -- IN PERSON -- you just may feel differently.

-- not saying you'll change your mind -- but in my experience over many years -- most of those who 'hate' something usually change their minds:
1...once they see it in person -- or 2....see it for 90 days or so......
Old 07-12-2008, 11:57 PM   #252
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post

You do have the right to not like something about the car. I prefer the older grill, but I still like the newer one... it does not ruin the car as someone said. It does provide an option or possible option to please different people, which we have proved to exist, in here several times.

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!

Closed Thread