Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #1
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
Red face Cori; Airmaster's Camaro

UPDATED PICTURE:

Hello guys, wanted to get a build thread up to really detail my car's transformation and also create a consideration for a future COTW (hey, why not?). Professional photos will be coming but for now this is what I have.

Attention: All rights reserved. Any and all photos/videos found within this thread may not be copied, edited, reproduced, linked, or displayed in any form or by any means; electronic, mechanical, optical, or otherwise, without prior written permission from myself. If you wish to use any of the photos/videos found within this thread please send me a PM. Thanks

December 16... my truck is totaled. Loved this thing and grateful that it saved my life (and my date's life lol) in a rear end collision. Driver hit me going 60 mph while I was at a stand still.

Made me rethink life as a whole and put me through one of the most stressful situations of my life.

Fast forward to January 13... I purchased my new baby. Named her Cori...

Decided to go with some cheap modifications first, black "Camaro" logos, black gill stripes, and black hood spears....

Made a DIY for the Camaro logo HERE: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284724

Gill stripes...

Custom hood spears with "LFX" logo...

I'll continue the process in the next posts....

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Engine Mods: All bolt ons (haha)
Brake Mods: Brembo SS caliper swap front and rear

Last edited by Airmaster; 01-22-2014 at 10:39 PM.
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:43 AM   #2
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Next up was the RX Catch Can, RX throttle body, and a K&N Custom Intake...

Catch can was suggested by nearly everyone and I got one painted to match. Throttle body was also suggested and also painted to match my exterior. Finally the K&N, while a simple installation, I made things a bit more complicated inserting some insulation in key areas (similar to what CAI has going on). Had the insulation laying around and decided to make good use of it!

Then came the wheels/tires. I was lucky to find another fellow Camaro5 member selling his wheel/tire setup due to him having to trade in his Camaro.

Ended up with some sick 20" TSW Interlagos wrapped in Nitto Invos.... made a hell of a difference in looks--and handling.

Rims just made it into a head turner, the next mods would just sweeten the time it took to twist your neck...

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Old 08-11-2013, 12:55 AM   #3
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Do you happen to have any other pics of the wheels? They look great on the car! Thanks for the DIY btw

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #4
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Do you happen to have any other pics of the wheels? They look great on the car! Thanks for the DIY btw
Yeah I do, I know, they didn't come out too good in that image....

Old 08-11-2013, 01:27 AM   #5
Airmaster
Go Gators!

After the rims I went on a purchase frenzy, buying ACS side skirts, an ACS T5 splitter, and a NLP dovetail spoiler. Didn't get them on all together though, first up was the ACS Side skirts...

You can barely see them due to the contrast but they're there

Before I was able to get the Splitter and Spoiler on I installed a few more things (actually a lot more).

Unfortunately I was also rear ended in between this time.

May 29 Nissan Altima vs Chevy Camaro...

Allowed me to use the insurance money to get an aftermarket diffuser, ended up going with the RX Sport Diffuser, which would be installed later on.

Shortly after the accident I tinted the tail lights and fogged out the headlights. Also changed the taillight bezels to black plastic instead of chrome plastic...

Drove around with no diffuser for some time after I received my car back from the repair shop. They repaired the damaged bumper, replaced the shock bumpers, and removed the old diffuser.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
Airmaster
Go Gators!

After the headlights and taillights I got busy with the LG short shifter. I fabricated a custom pool ball knob. Bought the knob, a bushing, a nut, a 9/16-16 tap, a rubber grommet, and some JB Weld...

Thought it came out great. THIS was the shifter this car should have come with, changed the drive-ability of it dramatically.

A few days later I got the SOLO High Flow Cats and Magnaflow full Catback exhaust in. At the same time I got the RK Sport diffuser installed. Thought it looked great and went well with my darked tail lights. I liked it quite a bit better than the stock diffuser.

The car felt like it indeed gained a few ponies from the SOLO and Magnaflow. The sound was much improved over the shitty exhaust note from the stock mufflers. NOW I have a sports car haha.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #7
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Towards the last two weeks of my summer break I finally got the finishing touches on. NLP spoiler came first...

The final parts came with the ACS T5 Splitter and some Sylvania zXe bulbs...

Can't say enough good things about Geoff from NLP, worked his butt off to help me get all of my ACS parts and his NLP spoiler painted and readied for me by a local paint shop. Great guy in person as well. V8 guys in Florida NEED to see this guy, has a sweet LS engine shop.

So far I am at a bit of a stand still, and for good reason, I have my first semester at UF ahead of me. I was just ecstatic to get all these mods on before the school grind started.

Next up will be testing for the JacFab 1/2 manifold spacer. We'll see how it goes, planning to get the dyno at NLP to see if Jason has a gold mine of a mod or not.

I'll keep this build thread updated as much as I can. Photo-shoot coming soon!

Old 08-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #8
Brummy85

Drives: 2011 SIM 1SS
Looks good. I like the overall look of a good short throw shifter. It has a nice traditional look. Sucks your car got hit though. I just got mine out of the shop from being sideswiped.
Brummy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:47 AM   #9
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 SS , 2014 SS
A great build
Old 08-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #10
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Thanks guys! Accidents suck, especially when you've got so much money invested in these things.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #11
Airmaster
Go Gators!

So, for an update, got a dyno done, here are the results....

Went to Next Level Performance today to get some dyno runs performed by Geoff.

Want to thank Geoff for helping me procure the results and giving me a slight break on pricing. If anyone is in the Orlando area looking for a dyno, he's your man!

I tested JacFab's possible spacer products as well. All info is below and can also be found in the spacer thread here http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=307431&page=6

My best run showed a peak hp number of 277.65. My performance mods are K&N Intake, Vmax Throttle Body, High Flow Cats, and Magnaflow Catback.

SEE VIDEO HERE
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200977861395466

I think the results were pretty good.

Conditions: 85 degrees F, 40% Humidity, 29.81 in-Hg

3/4" Spacer, BLUE (Run File 8), Max HP: 270.08, Max TQ: 241.59

NO Spacer, RED (Run File 5), Max HP: 277.65, Max TQ: 238.33

1/2" Spacer, GREEN (Run File 2), Max HP: 267.56, Max TQ: 239.31

HORSEPOWER

TORQUE

AIR/FUEL

Old 11-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #12
Airmaster
Go Gators!

The JacFab 3/4 inch spacers will probably be staying on. They provide greater power AND torque in my normal rpm range.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:37 PM   #13
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Another updated photo up top

Old 01-22-2014, 11:51 PM   #14
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Nice build . Like what you done with the car