Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-12-2017, 12:32 PM   #1
Teddydog

Drives: 21 LT1 RS M6 in SSM
Just ordered a Vararam CAI--INSTALLED!!!

Had been wanting to do this upgrade for a long time, but really haven't been "into" my Camaro in a while. Don't get me wrong...I still love it after 8 years, but I haven't put anything into it for a while.

Now that I have some service to do at 100k miles, I've been thinking about the car and wanting to do some stuff. This weekend I replaced the engine and cabin air filters and noticed that one of the clips on my air box is broken off. Perfect time for the CAI! I had actually called Vararam when they were closed and dealing with Harvey, but the made me a good deal for waiting until they reopened.

I'll probably install in in a couple of weeks (hoping for some cooler but still dry weather) and do my spark plugs at the same time. Gotta get them ordered, too.

Rob

Last edited by Teddydog; 10-13-2017 at 11:25 PM.
Teddydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:37 PM   #2
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
I ran with the Vararam prior to FI. It's a great intake, you will like it.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:25 PM   #3
Teddydog

Drives: 21 LT1 RS M6 in SSM
I installed it last week while I was on vacation. Went pretty smoothly. Butt dyno says I gained about 1,000,000 hp!

Seriously, though, it did add a little to the pleasing sound at WOT with my Flowmaster AT exhaust and the throttle _feels_ a little more responsive.

I also did a combustion chamber cleaning and after the sitting time, the instructions said to drive at 4500 RPM in 1st gear through several 15 second periods. Driving in low gear reminded me how well the car pulls at higher RPM. After 8 years and 105,000 miles, I'd really gotten into a rut of just driving "casually" and for mileage rather than enthusiastically. I've really enjoyed a re-awakening of driving my Camaro!

Rob
Teddydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:46 PM   #4
bd2014rs/ss

Drives: 2015 ss and 1980 z28
Its probably the ugliest intake there is, but to me function over fashion. Works great. Made great numbers on mine whrn it was just headers and cai. Youll like and notice a real difference.