Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
Buschman

Drives: 2018 ZL1 2015 1SS 1LE
High flow cats?

Just want opinions on Solo High Flow Cats? I installed a K&N typhoon intake, Vmax throttle body, and Magnaflow cat back exhaust already. How much of an increase am I going to get from changing the cats?
Also if I do or don't do cat's is there any huge increase from getting a tune? I have heard that it is necessary after getting the cat's, is that true?

Buschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
Asphalt

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro 3.6L V6 217ci
A tune is not necessary with the cats. They will definitely change your sound and you'll feel the car loves them. I know mine does.
Asphalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Like Asphalt said, you are going to feel and hear them. A tune is not required but you will certainly get more out of them with one. If you have any other questions feel free to hit me up.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Check around here for Dean's vids. He's got them and they sound great!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
I have them and really like the sound of the MRT V2's now. I am still stuck on whether they were worth the bucks for them though. I can't say as I noticed any performance change though, but then again, everything I added that changed or added performance I really couldn't feel it except the ported TB. Seems better in the mid range. The clip is not very good but gives you an idea of what they sound like. The day I shot the clip it was cold and wind was blowing about 25 MPH out of the south, also on a rough county tar road. Someone may have a better clip then this but here it is. First part is in garage, second part is economy take off, and last part is drivers side window down(the wind was on passenger side or would have had that down also) about 2/3 throttle on take off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Yg886v9hO2c

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote