Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #15
Teleplayer

Drives: 92 Bonnie SSEI - 2010 GT Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ore4ustin391 View Post
Edited my post, have a look...

And by most cars do you mean your civics, SUV's, ect...?
I purposely did not make a list of things that the Mustang does better. I want to hear a better debate than just "it has more HP"

About the Civics and SUV's - Nope, the supercharged 3.8L has a proven track record and pulls very strong. Oh, and it's a GM.

You say this isn't the place for me, but it is. This is the best place to learn about the Camaro. It's just hard to filter out what is real and what is "Camaro Fever".

1992 SSEI Supercharged 177k miles. 2010 GT coming soon.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #16
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
If someone was to seriously sit down and compare the two and drive them back to back the Camaro would win everytime, regardless of price.

The new Mustang looks far better than the previous "generation" (dont know why Ford insists is a new one) but that is about all you get in the Mustang except for a few cool gadgets. I personally like the changeable light feature.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #17
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleplayer View Post
I purposely did not make a list of things that the Mustang does better. I want to hear a better debate than just "it has more HP"

About the Civics and SUV's - Nope, the supercharged 3.8L has a proven track record and pulls very strong. Oh, and it's a GM.

You say this isn't the place for me, but it is. This is the best place to learn about the Camaro. It's just hard to filter out what is real and what is "Camaro Fever".
I don't find it too hard to filter what's real and what isn't. I use the numbers (track, handling, 0-60, $$$) for comparison as well as what I like about each car. Every single car forum is going to be biased about their own car, but that's to be expected (unfortunately).
Old 06-01-2009, 07:49 PM   #18
Teleplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
If someone was to seriously sit down and compare the two and drive them back to back the Camaro would win everytime, regardless of price.

Based on what? Power? Handling? Visibility?

The new Mustang looks far better than the previous "generation" (dont know why Ford insists is a new one) but that is about all you get in the Mustang except for a few cool gadgets. I personally like the changeable light feature.
If it looks so much better, than why are you not able to accept that it is a new generation?

Please list what you get in the Camaro that you don't get in the Mustang so we can have a reasonable discussion on each point.

1992 SSEI Supercharged 177k miles. 2010 GT coming soon.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:51 PM   #19
Teleplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
I don't find it too hard to filter what's real and what isn't. I use the numbers (track, handling, 0-60, $$$) for comparison as well as what I like about each car. Every single car forum is going to be biased about their own car, but that's to be expected (unfortunately).
Ok so list some of the comparison numbers, SS vs GT
Old 06-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #20
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
For all the praise about the great materials inside the Stang, the interior looks bland and dated. Bleh.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:34 PM   #21
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Sigh* here we go again. Of course we can state all of the things the mustang does compare to a SS, but of course it will be..

1. Track pack
2. Mag was paid by Ford...they hate GM
3. Tack Pack
4. Maro has more HP!!
5. Interior is wayyyyy better, even though camaro owners complain about it having more blind spots than a retiree in florida. And the guages are on the floor ???

So in the end, to each its own. Lets just be glad all three muscle cars are back...for now.

Well at least we know ONE of those three been around 46 years
Old 06-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #22
craigd853

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Hey guys and gals, why can't we all just get a long? Our economy is in dire straights right now so the best thing we can all do is buy american. We are a minority, especially when we're are talking about muscle cars. We ladies and gentlemen are a dieing breed, so I know that this is a camaro web site and that we have several folks from other manufactures we are all in the same boat. I believe we all should pull together and use our resources and show the rest of the U.S. that there are still die hard americans who believe in the cars that we drive. Having said everything, I have allways owned a camaro. I have the utmost respect for anyone who purchases an auto made from the U.S. I know I'm going to catch a lot of flak from the ricer builders in the United States because they employ a lot of americans, but does anybody else know that there are several countries out there that limit the amount of cars we're are allowed to sell in those countries? Their are no limits on any foreign vehicle sales here in the U.S. Having said all that I have, I emplore people to go out and look at the new cars that are available and just take them for a test drive. I assure everyone that the auto manufactures in the U.S are stepping it up a notch. Plesae give them a chance, just test drive them.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:46 PM   #23
m0ore4ustin391

Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleplayer View Post

You love mixing words don't you. Anyways there is no "better" debate, you compare cars on their price, quality, performance, and durability. So this thread is pointless. And i dont know why i have to keep repeating it but the answer to your question...

Question: "Why not the 2010 Mustang?"
Answer: Because when you compare all the stats the Camaro comes out on top (you said you did your research so i shouldn't have to go over the specs with you or why the camaro comes out on top)

I'm not all for GM, i accept all American cars and try to pick the best value and for 2010 the Camaro is the best value based on proven facts.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #24
DeathChill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
Sigh* here we go again. Of course we can state all of the things the mustang does compare to a SS, but of course it will be..

1. Track pack
2. Mag was paid by Ford...they hate GM
3. Tack Pack
4. Maro has more HP!!
5. Interior is wayyyyy better, even though camaro owners complain about it having more blind spots than a retiree in florida. And the guages are on the floor ???

So in the end, to each its own. Lets just be glad all three muscle cars are back...for now.

Well at least we know ONE of those three been around 46 years
To be fair the gauges are not the kind of gauges you actually need to stare at. They are there for show, I guess for the passenger.

The Mustang DEFINITELY compares to the Camaro. They're both pretty close but in full out power the Camaro edges out the Mustang, while in handling the track pack GT edges out the Camaro. Nothing wrong with that.

They are both closely fair in price when equipped comparably and they both shine in their own light!
Old 06-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #25
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
You love mixing words don't you. Anyways there is no other debate, you compare cars on their price, performance, and durability. So this thread is pointless. And i dont know why i have to keep repeating it but the answer to your questions...

Question: "Why not the 2010 Mustang?"
Answer Because when you compare all the stats the Camaro comes out on top (you said you did your research so i shouldnt have to go over the specs with you or why the camaro comes out on top)

I'm not all for GM, i accept all American cars and try to pick the best value and for 2010 the Camaro is the best value base on proven facts.
Base on proven facts that scew towards the camaro. Another mags says quite different. Ahh yes..thats right. They do not count because they were paid off by Ford.

Well said Death. I will not deny the Camaro is a hell of a deal. It is indeed a great package, and when the crazy dealer stuff stops, it will be a good buy.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #26
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
Every single car forum is going to be biased about their own car, but that's to be expected (unfortunately).
EXACTLY...so you either join us or get your butt kicked!
Old 06-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #27
m0ore4ustin391

Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS
Did any of you ever see this video? No? Ok well go ahead and watch it.

I have said my peace and im done with this so called "debate" when there is none,
-Later
Old 06-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #28
DeathChill

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ore4ustin391 View Post
Did any of you ever see this video? No? Ok well go ahead and watch it.

I have said my peace,
-Later
That's just one reviewers opinion. It's all about personal opinion!

Closed Thread