Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-02-2009, 08:31 AM   #29
Spaceballone

Drives: 1992 Custom RS, 2006 Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbaker82 View Post
No offense but a rule is a rule its standard that you have to be minimum age of 25 to rent a car. Regardless of if "certain" situations some company's may allow you to get away with it without being 25 I don't understand why your getting so upset about it like they went out of their way to get you. How would you feel if they let you take it out and their manager found out and then the employee who let you rent it has to file for unemployment and probably gets denied because he was legit fired according to the company's policy.
This is an incorrect statement. I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car for 2 years and you have to be 21 to rent a vehicle, they will allow 18 to rent but it has to be an insurance replacement. You have to be 25 to rent Premium or above (SUV's, Luxury...etc). This is a company wide standard. While working their, yes we could ignore the rules but it is your ass you are putting on the line for someone you don't know. My boss would ignore the rules to keep 90% of his fleet rented at all times, but that is the business. Why they had 15 on the lot could have been to get them out at a super high rate later that day or it's because when he checked his boss told him not to rent to you. I would say because Enterprise is a self insured company it may be different but renting that car to someone under 25 on that holiday just poses too many concerns for a rental car company. I am not trying to say you are immature but people that age are so ready to show off for friends and be irresponsible. You are right you are probubly way more responsible and you should be given credit for holding your own for so long but unfortunantly our society looks differently at people under 25 (i had to wait til 25 to get 15% off car insurance or get to a normal rate). Yes, i think it is unfair that you can drink and go die for our country and not be able to rent a damn car but, however it is the compaines right to refuse service to someone that does not meet their critiria. As far as your dad is concerned. Do not have him rent and let you drive it! You will be even sorrier that you did that if something happens, that is what we would consider a void of contract and your dad would be responsible for all the damage and your insurance will do one of two things,(A. Repair it and drop your coverage or (B. Not cover it and make you pay the rental car company for the repair. I have seen alot of bad things happen to unsuspecting people and am here to tell you it can happen. Just let the rental car company know they have lost you as a customer and move on. Hope your weekend turns out better
Spaceballone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:36 AM   #30
Spaceballone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
I wouldn't let you rent it either, you sound like an idiot. (I can tell because you insert lolz into every first sentence you write)
I would also have to say than is then!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:02 AM   #31
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelZ View Post
So I went to the AVIS dealership here in town by the airport and tried renting a 1LT Camaro for the 4th Of July. First he said that it was 150, and I was almost cool and asked to see if they had a special. Than I he told me $115 which I was cool with because it means that much to me. I knew he was going to charge me an underage fee so I went ahead and asked him because I didn't wanna go through all the works and than him be like "Oh, its $25 more for underage." . He looked at me in a reall funny way, I guessed he was thinking why I was asking cuz I don't look or act as if I am 22 years old. He than very quietly says, "You can't rent it underage." I was so furious at that second, I understand the camaro is an amazing car, which is why I am waiting 5 months for it and others have waited longer. But, the value of the car is can't be more than the caddy CTS I rented last year or the Impala. He said because it was so new, but what does that have to do with anything I am willing to pay $150 for ONE freggin day of rental. I also have full coverage insurance, and it's not like I'm 16 or something. I than thought about it and asked him if my dad were to rent one and he wanted to pay for it and reserve one for the 4th if that was possible, NO again, wtf dude seriously? He said my dad would just have to come in on day of and take his chances. I than walked out and lit up a stoggy so I could just check out what they had in stock. There were about 15 of 'em so I'm thinking I'll just have my dad rent one and cruise around with him and maybe even take the wheel for a while here and there. Isn't that some BS guys!?!?!
Sorry to hear about that but some agencies even reserve the right to rent any car to anyone under age, anyhow they can buy all the other cars they want like the CTS right now but they may have to wait months to replace a Camaro that they are getting top dollar for. When I was your age I would get upset and say it's discriminatory but understand this, statistics show that certain age drivers are more prone to accidents so they essentially play those odds just as you would do if you played blackjack or poker.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #32
Koolwip
Steve & Stefani

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Unfortunately, you just hit the nail on the head. Their car, their rules. Yeah it sucks, but that is the rule.

Sit tight - yours will come. Mine has been at the railyard in San Antonio, 20 iles from my dealer and 10 miles from me, for two days now - I just want the call. Ordered in October 2008.

Quote:
LOLz... ok let me explain again. He has no say over it. He didn't predict anything. I am liable for the car if I rent it. It's not about sports car, AVIS just has a different set of rules for it.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #33
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceballone View Post
This is an incorrect statement. I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car for 2 years and you have to be 21 to rent a vehicle, they will allow 18 to rent but it has to be an insurance replacement. You have to be 25 to rent Premium or above (SUV's, Luxury...etc). This is a company wide standard. While working their, yes we could ignore the rules but it is your ass you are putting on the line for someone you don't know. My boss would ignore the rules to keep 90% of his fleet rented at all times, but that is the business. Why they had 15 on the lot could have been to get them out at a super high rate later that day or it's because when he checked his boss told him not to rent to you. I would say because Enterprise is a self insured company it may be different but renting that car to someone under 25 on that holiday just poses too many concerns for a rental car company. I am not trying to say you are immature but people that age are so ready to show off for friends and be irresponsible. You are right you are probubly way more responsible and you should be given credit for holding your own for so long but unfortunantly our society looks differently at people under 25 (i had to wait til 25 to get 15% off car insurance or get to a normal rate). Yes, i think it is unfair that you can drink and go die for our country and not be able to rent a damn car but, however it is the compaines right to refuse service to someone that does not meet their critiria. As far as your dad is concerned. Do not have him rent and let you drive it! You will be even sorrier that you did that if something happens, that is what we would consider a void of contract and your dad would be responsible for all the damage and your insurance will do one of two things,(A. Repair it and drop your coverage or (B. Not cover it and make you pay the rental car company for the repair. I have seen alot of bad things happen to unsuspecting people and am here to tell you it can happen. Just let the rental car company know they have lost you as a customer and move on. Hope your weekend turns out better
Hey thanx a lot for your support and explaination bro. Yeah I'll have to do without the car this weekend. But by the I know I'll have my car for the rest of the wonderful holidays to come. It's people like you that make me love this forum. Not D*BAGS like ARCH who are usually have nothing good to say. I didnlt start this post to be annoying, if you don't like it don't read it, I started it because I was annoyed! I thought it was my prefrence to put up LOL's I like to laugh, I don't see how that makes me an idiot when I was only laughing due to the fact I had to keep explaining to people over and over. Thanx for everyone who put their positive/negative feedback towards the situation. NOT TOWARDS ME! a**whipes around this forum I swear should be banned real soon.

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:16 PM   #34
Spaceballone

Quote:
Hey thanx a lot for your support and explaination bro. Yeah I'll have to do without the car this weekend. But by the I know I'll have my car for the rest of the wonderful holidays to come. It's people like you that make me love this forum. Not D*BAGS like ARCH who are usually have nothing good to say. I didnlt start this post to be annoying, if you don't like it don't read it, I started it because I was annoyed! I thought it was my prefrence to put up LOL's I like to laugh, I don't see how that makes me an idiot when I was only laughing due to the fact I had to keep explaining to people over and over. Thanx for everyone who put their positive/negative feedback towards the situation. NOT TOWARDS ME! a**whipes around this forum I swear should be banned real soon.
No Prob. Homie! WOOHOO HOliday!
Old 07-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #35
BADFNZ

Drives: 98 Z28
Do they have an SS there? I've been trying to call the Avis in SA for weeks but can never get through to their local office, only the national call center, where they know as much about Camaros as I do brain surgery.
BADFNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #36
jdbaker82
Banned

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADFNZ View Post
Do they have an SS there? I've been trying to call the Avis in SA for weeks but can never get through to their local office, only the national call center, where they know as much about Camaros as I do brain surgery.
You have to keep calling the local # and hitting 0.... I had to do it for like 30 minutes before someone finally picked up. Hang up as soon as it reroutes you to their National Call Center and keep trying. I was so frustrated as well you would think a company like Avis would have better customer service.
jdbaker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #37
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
I'm gunna take my dad with me and throw a huge fit. I know they can do it.

It likely has more to do with the fact that the Camaro would be extremely hard to replace right now. Act your age and DON'T go make a scene. You'll just make those of us in your general age bracket look worse if you do.

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #38
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
It's so simple:

It's not because the car is NEW and its not because you're under 25. It's ALL about RISK.

The risk to rent out cars to anyone under 25 is too high, so they don't. And even if they allow it but charge you extra, it's still too risky for this car because there is NO REPLACEMENT OPTION for this car at this time.

They don't give a damn if you kill yourself in it - what they care about is getting another Camaro to replace the one that you trashed, which they can't.

Look at it another way. Each Camaro is worth anywhere from $54,750 to $100,000 per year to Avis at $150.00 per day, not including the insurance and gas they charge suckers. The expected life span is only 2 years for rental cars as customers only want to rent new cars.

When they rent a car to someone, they are essentially making a $200,000 bet that you will NOT trash their brand new Camaro. MORE if you count the insurance they have to pay to let you drive it.

If you're under the age limit, chances are you have a bad driving record, or a record that is just too new. IE, you're not worth it to them.
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:36 PM   #39
BlackSunsine

Drives: 1967 Custom Camaro
Check to see if any other rental agency has the Camaro.

Go to a different AVIS Store to rent it, do not rent it from that guy

Email Avis and give them the story, they may send you a coupon or Free Rental card.
I would complain for that BS!

1967 Chevrolet Camaro (1983)
2004 Harley Davidson Road King(2004)
Ex 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe (2007) (Totaled Labor Day)
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe (Thursday)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS(2009)

Colorado Fall - Beautiful - Cool - Snow is soon!!!
BlackSunsine is offline   Reply With Quote