Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #967
comm17
Racing Byrds

Drives: '16 BVM 2SS '10 IBM 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSSkier874 View Post
Trish or Rob don't worry I represented for you guys here. I think Tribone is going to need some new pants after that ride along though.
Way to represent! Have you seen VChula there? I think he is the only other So Cal Family member besides G that made the trip.

Thank you BECKY!!!
comm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #968
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2SS/RS IBM M6-when she lets me
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSSkier874 View Post
Trish or Rob don't worry I represented for you guys here. I think Tribone is going to need some new pants after that ride along though.

Too Funny!
Glad to hear everyone is having a Great time we wish we could have been there!
Old 08-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #969
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT Z51
The 2010 ABM with the performance stripes belongs to 2010ABM from Texas
Synergy SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #970
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyDL75 View Post
Most fun you can have with your clothes on!!
I agree! What a BLAST! Made 5-6 runs in the morning session yesterday, best time I saw was 38.9....Too bad they timing was screwing up.
This morning I got off two more passes, the second being a 40.1. We were all lined up for the afternoon session today, first car was at the line when the sky opened up.

But forget the times, the laps that were the funnest were the runs we did when the timer wasn't working, it was just run, run, run....I think I'm hooked, lol.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #971
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
I have my AIRAID CAI (V6) for sale...used half price...still at the host hotel come see me in the parking lot tonight in the CANADA Section
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #972
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy SATX View Post
The 2010 ABM with the performance stripes belongs to 2010ABM from Texas
Video 20
Old 08-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #973
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
More Videos from today (saturday) up

I just added a bunch more videos from today.

Video quality was a little less than professional, but I appreciated everything my wife and daughters did for us videoing everything

Last edited by TLSTWIN; 08-06-2012 at 08:24 PM.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #974
Stingraye

Drives: 2011 2SS / RS M6 LS3 IBM
I'm pretty upset with how the autocross was operated for the Sat AM session. The group that started going first (the scheduled AM session) was only allowed to make 3 runs before we were stopped and they started running the second line of cars which were cars that ran yesterday and already had gotten 6-7 runs on friday! Then after the second group ran, they shut down for lunch and that was it for the AM session! All 3 of my runs took place n 45 minutes, we were moving through pretty quickly. I don't understand why we were stopped after only 3 runs and the cars who already had gone yesterday got to make more runs. I didn't do any drag racing, so I paid $80 as a driver + $20 admission, and only got to do 3 runs. I love to autocross and I was just getting a good feel of the track and am upset I didn't get more of an opportunity than that. If I make it to the fest next year, I likely won't be racing at all. Can't justify $80 for something like that.
Stingraye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:35 AM   #975
5THGENRS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT RS, 08 IOM G8 GT, 87ta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingraye View Post
I'm pretty upset with how the autocross was operated for the Sat AM session. The group that started going first (the scheduled AM session) was only allowed to make 3 runs before we were stopped and they started running the second line of cars which were cars that ran yesterday and already had gotten 6-7 runs on friday! Then after the second group ran, they shut down for lunch and that was it for the AM session! All 3 of my runs took place n 45 minutes, we were moving through pretty quickly. I don't understand why we were stopped after only 3 runs and the cars who already had gone yesterday got to make more runs. I didn't do any drag racing, so I paid $80 as a driver + $20 admission, and only got to do 3 runs. I love to autocross and I was just getting a good feel of the track and am upset I didn't get more of an opportunity than that. If I make it to the fest next year, I likely won't be racing at all. Can't justify $80 for something like that.
(+1)
I hate to gripe but hes right and we didnt even start til sometime after 11am, 2+ hrs late.
From what i read you were in a group session: fri am, fri pm, sat am, and sat pm. Not sure why people from fri either am or pm were running in our time slot on sat am? We should of been allowed to run longer especially when most of us were there at 8am and people were just starting to arrive to set things up at 9am when thats when we were suppose to start.
Did some stay up to late partying?
2500 = Preferenced (1/12/2010)
3000 = Accepted by Production (1/13/2010) TPW = (2/8/2010)
3100 = Sequenced (1/29/2010)
3300 = Scheduled (1/29/2010)
3400 = Broadcast (1/29/2010)
3800 = Produced (2/10/2010) VIN # 2G1FG1EVXA9192608
4150 = Invoiced (2/11/2010)
4200 = Shipped (2/12/2010)
5000 = Delivered to Dealer (2/24/2010)
6000 = Delivered to Customer (3/1/2010)
5THGENRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:42 AM   #976
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
The auto-x was run by the members, for the members... did you happen to ask someone, "Is there anything I can do to help?"

Two ways you can handle it........ complain............... or ask, "How can we make it better next year?"
Old 08-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #977
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

The Friday AM group got anywhere from 3-5 runs. The timer had malfunctioned so several runs were not timed thus allowing for more runs (no stoppage for timer issues since it was a non-stop issue). The make up session allowed for people to get proper recorded times. The late start can be attributed to the members who were late or didn't show up when they had volunteered and staff making amends for the short-handed workers. Autocross isn't show up, run and go home. It is show up help set up, work and stand corners as well as run With about 200 or so entries you are going to average 3 runs if some got more they were lucky. Most runs you see at a local SCCA is about 5 depending on turn out. So with about 75% of the entries this year totally novice there were going to be bumps and delays. Timer issues are part of the process. They are obviously vital but can be glitchy. "That being said..." (heard that somewhere hmmmm) yes there were spots it can be smoothed out. Each heat got more efficient and organized. For a group of people many of which were strangers on day one to pull this off is pretty tough but they did it. I would like to thank those who volunteered and then did show up for their times. Those of you who stood corners were a great help. I had great fun, met some great people and saw (and learned from) some amazing drivers.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #978
Mr Twisty

Before anyone complains too much... first, make certain you helped with the operation of the course. If you did, please give constructive feedback on how it could be improved next year.

If you ran but didn't assist.... STFU. You have no right to complain.

The entry fee goes toward the facility rental for the weekend, not auto-x staffing. Everyone knew since the beginning their help would be needed to make it work.

This is done just once a year, it isn't operated by a professional staff, it's operated by volunteers, with the help of Pete and his crew to try and smooth out the bumps. (I don't even want to know how much cash Pete spent to furnish materials for the AC... )

Since it's fresh in everyone's heads, make a list of those who helped, they get priority next year. Those who ran but conveniently forgot to help, you can have an opportunity to redeem yourselves next year by staffing the course the morning of the first day.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #979
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
OK, i kinda agree with each of the last posts, only because I got to do a few runs "after hours" on Friday night. Which were my best runs.

I also appreciate what everyone did to help, BUT...
I came around FRIDAY AFTERNOON and was asking people questions about how things were going, process, if they needed help, etc. and all I got was short and rude answers of "you will find out everything in your drivers meeting". Which start over an hour later than it was was supposed to, and ALL the morning people were there waiting on time of a half hour +/- 5 minutes.

I have no idea how the other two went, but it was not the drivers fault then, It was the drivers fault when they didn't have their cars cleaned out like they should have, like they were told.

If I only got the 3 runs I did Saturday morning, for the $80, I think I would have been a little salty to. Then, I did work the corners after I made my three runs. The other drivers should NOT have taken from our driving session time. People should have had to work friday corners if they were driving on saturday and the other way around.

Again, thanks for everyone who helped with this.

Last edited by TLSTWIN; 08-05-2012 at 07:50 AM.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #980
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
OK, i kinda agree with each of the last posts, only because I got to do a few runs "after hours" on Friday night. Which were my best runs.

I also appreciate what everyone did to help, BUT...
I came around FRIDAY AFTERNOON and was asking people questions about how things were going, process, if they needed help, etc. and all I got was short and rude answers of "you will find out everything in your drivers meeting". Which start over an hour later than it was was supposed to, and ALL the morning people were there waiting on time of a half hour +/- 5 minutes.

I have no idea how the other two went, but it was not the drivers fault then, It was the drivers fault when they didn't have their cars cleaned out like they should have, like they were told.

If I only got the 3 runs I did Saturday morning, for the $80, I think I would have been a little salty to. Then, I did work the corners after I made my three runs. The other drivers should NOT have taken from our driving session time. People should have had to work friday corners if they were driving on saturday and the other way around.

Again, thanks for everyone who helped with this.
Good feedback... "What is the problem, and how can it be fixed" for next year
Quote:
People should have had to work friday corners if they were driving on saturday and the other way around.
Possibly a better solution to this would be, any driver that worked but was shorted on run time gets first runs next year.
Drivers that got runs in this year but didn't work the track can be scheduled to work before they run next year.