Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
OG_Fox

Drives: It runs
Calling out the Texas Camaro Guys

First, let me introduce myself, I'm Dale, representative of the DFW5.0s Forum. Last Sunday we "crashed" the Lone Star Camaro Club's Twin Peaks meet in bedford in hopes of creating a friendly rivalry between clubs. Here's a video of our cruise in.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns9vbve583...drive%20in.wmv

We would like to challenge ya'll to a drag race style shootout in october.
Camaro vs Mustang, america....f' yeah.

details still need to buttoned out. but I would like to get a feel for how many camaros would be interested in representing the bowtie.

we will be looking for sponsors for the event. and some kind of prizes will be involved as well. and most importantly, bragging rights. Now, if that doesn't get you excited then this might.

I know I have at least 30 5.0s ready to smoke some overweight and slow camaros. Will you accept our challenge?? or will you run and hide under your lambo doors and 22 inch chrome wheels??

Let's keep this friendly and most importantly fun....LET'S RACE!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
I was at the show and large difference between owners----Camaro owners would never crash or feel the "need" to crash another clubs show. Especially a group of mustangs!! It was stated on Facebook that another event would be held for Mustangs when a Stanger asked.

However, this did not stop a group of Stangs gathering at Buffalo wild wings (across the highway) dileberatlety rolling to Camaro auto show at Twin Peaks. No doubt in good fun, but kinda tastless and childish IMO. Its one thing for car enthusiasts to gather together, but its another when a group rolls in reving engines and talking trash at a planned event.

Having said that....We did meet nice people from the Stang club, but again different class of ownership I guess when it comes to wearing a bowtie.

Last edited by CamaroI; 04-23-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
OG_Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
I was at the show and large difference between owners----Camaro owners would never crash or feel the "need" to crash another clubs show. Especially a group of mustangs!! It was stated on Facebook that another event would be held for Mustangs when a Stanger asked.

However, this did not stop a group of Stangs gathering at Buffalo wild wings (across the highway) dileberatlety rolling to Camaro Twin Peaks show as a group. No doubt in good fun, but kinda tastless and childish IMO. Its one thing for car enthusiasts to gather together, but its another when a group rolls in reving engines and talking trash at a planned event.

Having said that....We did meet nice people from the Stang club, but again different class of ownership I guess when it comes to wearing a bowtie.
Yes our mission was to come show you guys up at your own party. feel free to show up at any of our events. I don't remember any trash talking, and we were courteous and moved our cars to the hotel parking so that you guys could still have your fun. Different class for sure. we're fast, and your slow. I'd be whining too if more mustangs showed up than camaros to my event. now why don't we settle this on the race track.

Last edited by OG_Fox; 04-23-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #4
CamaroI

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_Fox View Post
Yes our mission was to come show you guys up at your own party. feel free to show up at any of our events. I don't remember any trash talking, and we were courteous and moved our cars to the hotel parking so that you guys could still have your fun. Different class for sure. we're fast, and your slow. I'd be whining too if more mustangs showed up than camaros to my event too. now why don't we settle this on the race track.
Thanks for proving my point. A different class indeed. Whats funny is Stangers lurking on a Camaro forum.

We did appreciate the Stangs coralling up behind the Camaros at the Hotel Parking lot. No doubt a view "Yall" should be accustomed to.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
OG_Fox

Quote:
Thanks for proving my point. A different class indeed. Whats funny is Stangers lurking on a Camaro forum.

We did appreciate the Stangs coralling up behind the Camaros at the Hotel Parking lot. No doubt a view "Yall" should be accustomed to.
I'm here to get an event started that could be lots of fun. If you wanna get into a flame war, that's all on you. Talk is cheap.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
OG_Fox

and yes that was my car, smoking ANOTHER camaro.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #7
Blk2012gt

Drives: 2012 5.0
Quote:

Hey foo put your money where your mouth is.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
CamaroI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk2012gt View Post
Hey foo put your money where your mouth is.
Wow now two trolls from the stanger group....Keep them coming it will add more members to Camaro5. That is loyalty though..Gather as a group to even roll in on other forums

Old 04-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #9
Blk2012gt

Quote:
Wow now two trolls from the stanger group....Keep them coming it will add more members to Camaro5. That is loyalty though..Gather as a group to even roll in on other forums

Way to void my offer
Old 04-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #10
OG_Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk2012gt View Post
Way to void my offer
not gonna happen. these guys are scared to run.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #11
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:

However, this did not stop a group of Stangs gathering at Buffalo wild wings (across the highway) dileberatlety rolling to Camaro auto show at Twin Peaks. No doubt in good fun, but kinda tastless and childish IMO. Its one thing for car enthusiasts to gather together, but its another when a group rolls in reving engines and talking trash at a planned event.

Wow, take it easy. It's just a car.
He's just trying to start an event. Which in my opinion could be a lot of fun! If I had an SS, I'd be ready to go for this thing. Sounds like a lot of fun. And no where did I see him bash the camaro. Sure there was some friendly ribbing but that's how you get things going

Click Picture for Build Thread
Old 04-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #12
Blk2012gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Wow, take it easy. It's just a car.
He's just trying to start an event. Which in my opinion could be a lot of fun! If I had an SS, I'd be ready to go for this thing. Sounds like a lot of fun. And no where did I see him bash the camaro. Sure there was some friendly ribbing but that's how you get things going
Thank you. A guy who gets it.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #13
GunsUp

Drives: Fast
I smell fear & weakness
Old 04-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #14
JDBishopArts
Steve McQueen

Drives: 2013 SG 5.0
So are the Slomaro guys not car guys? We were trying to have some fun and create a fun, friendly rivalry. I guess a couple mullets don't have a sense of humor. Whomp whomp.

'Merica
Closed Thread