Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #197
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
When Scott say's it's true, then I'll believe it.

Until then, speculation.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #198
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
I definately would have to see this car in its final production glory. Owning the "HP", I don't know if i'd be completely happy with it. I just don't want them releasing the Z/28 later on if it ends up happening after I already purchased the "HP Edition" Camaro.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #199
sooner25

Drives: 1985 Iroc Z, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that "HP Edition" is a really stupid moniker. Kind makes it sound like "hey this edition has horsepower and the others don't". Idk I just don't like it.
Nope. I agree. I ordered '10 early, and if this car was going to be a Z28, I would be the first one lined up for it. If they call it the HP Edition, I'll skip it. Simple as that. Maybe its stupid to some people, but I'm out if they call it that. Hopefully we'll see a Z28 at some point. If not, the '10 and IROC will have to make due with each other.
sooner25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #200
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Everyone needs to calm down on the "HP Edition" moniker. This info was from the national dealer meeting and GM obviously doesn't want to let the name of this car out of the bag yet. This is obviously just a term they are using the describe the car at this time. The High Performance Edition. Do you really think that they would officially call it the "HP Edition"? Come on.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #201
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post

The original Z was just a normal Camaro with suspension upgrades
Kinda like the Z51 Corvette was just an internal code as well.
Wrong!!
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #202
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
I'm confused as to how this is relevant for the current model (to be)? Or are you talking future iterations of v8 performance cars?
I believe it is just an FYI to those who are uneasy about paying $50+ for a V8 now. Eventually, I see V8s being dropped as a standard model and offered as an option just so GM/Ford can exploit a CAFE loop hole. Eliminating V8s from the standard line up could exclude them from the CAFE average...

One day, we may all wake up in a Madd Maxx type setting, safeguarding the last V8.. wondering "If there is only one V8 left in the world, what ruined the environment and economy?"
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:09 PM   #203
besherman

Drives: 2008 GMC Denali
Magnetic ride control is HUGE.

The model name affixed to the fender is not.

But please, Fbodfather, beg the powers-that-be to make a convertible version! GM would sell every one they could make and a HP convertible would be an instant classic.
besherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:14 PM   #204
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
My 16th birthday is the day of production starting!!
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #205
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:

GS Corvette is now Z52
NOT!! And you've been through how many of these discussions? (at least a few as you've been here for a good while) The original Z/28 was absolutely never what you just described. Perhaps you need to re-read some of those dozens if not hundreds of discussions about Z/28 heritage.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #206
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:

GS Corvette is now Z52
This is what I don't understand, everyone is talking about how great the Z/28 is over the SS... The Z/28's of the past were not much more than the normal Camaro or SS etc... the 4th gen in fact the Z/28 had less HP... Reminds me of the 40 year old virgin, you guys are putting the Z/28 on a pedestal.

Don't get me wrong, I think if they do the Z again yeah it should be bangin!! An all out Stang (of any caliber aside from aftermarket modding) killer. I honestly don't understand why this HP Edition can't be called a Z/28 It has upgraded power and suspension... typical of the Z/28's of the past. If they don't call this one a Z/28, I think that's because they have something bigger and better lying in the shadows. As others mentioned maybe for the Alpha platform, but still there is no reason not to release one for the current platform. And if they don't have something bigger and better for this current platform then why not call the HP Edition a Z/28? RS, SS, Z/28 all recognized on the Camaro's since the beginning... why add something new to the mix now? ZL-1? Why? TH e ZL-1 of the past was faster and more powerful than the Z-28... but you already know this... so again why add a emblem we have not seen before?
Old 01-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #207
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th02ss View Post
I dont think this was supposed to be released to the general public. In all this detail. I sure hope someone didnt sign a agreement.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #208
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Wow, this thread took off fast, almost ten pages in no time.....I wonder if we are close to any speed records for pages covered....
I must say we have been starvin for stuff to talk about though...
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #209
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
I don't care what they call it... I just want the SC they use on EVIL. I've been holding off on a SC for this very reason... I want the Z-28/HPE's SC... Just to keep it all in the family... So to speak.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #210
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
This is what I don't understand, everyone is talking about how great the Z/28 is over the SS... The Z/28's of the past were not much more than the normal Camaro or SS etc... the 4th gen in fact the Z/28 had less HP... Reminds me of the 40 year old virgin, you guys are putting the Z/28 on a pedestal.

Don't get me wrong, I think if they do the Z again yeah it should be bangin!! An all out Stang (of any caliber aside from aftermarket modding) killer. I honestly don't understand why this HP Edition can't be called a Z/28 It has upgraded power and suspension... typical of the Z/28's of the past. If they don't call this one a Z/28, I think that's because they have something bigger and better lying in the shadows. As others mentioned maybe for the Alpha platform, but still there is no reason not to release one for the current platform. And if they don't have something bigger and better for this current platform then why not call the HP Edition a Z/28? RS, SS, Z/28 all recognized on the Camaro's since the beginning... why add something new to the mix now? ZL-1? Why? TH e ZL-1 of the past was faster and more powerful than the Z-28... but you already know this... so again why add a emblem we have not seen before?
I don't think anybody is saying that this HP Edition or whatever really should not be called Z/28, I think it is a question about the certainty of what the new one will be called as it has not been publicly confirmed by Chevrolet (a national dealers meeting is not public confirmation). ZL1 is already in use on new Camaros by SLP I believe, so there should be no question there. And yet again, "putting the Z/28 on a pedestal" and "not much more than a normal Camaro, etc." tells me that you either have limited knowledge of the first gen. Z/28s and their heritage, or you choose to ignore it. Look at some of the ignorance perpetuated in one of the other current Z/28 threads about the 302cid engine being a "stroked 283" rather than the reality of it being a de-stroked 327cid. The new Camaro model coming out will be named whatever Chevrolet wants to name it, regardless of the name I think it will be an awesome performer.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 camaro hp edition, 2012 camaro hp model, 2012 camaro z28, 2012 chevy camaro z28, 2012 z28, 2013 camaro hp edition, 2013 camaro hp model, 2013 z28, camaro hp edition, camaro hp edition model, camaro hp model, camaro z28, camaro z28 hp, camaro z28 hp edition, chevy camaro hp edition, cobra killer, hp edition model, new camaro z28, new z28, sexy beast coming soon, z28 forum, z28 forums