Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-27-2011, 02:45 AM   #15
Addiction
It's not just a hobby!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasMike View Post
We have a special offer for ONE person willing to write a review on these coilovers.

PM me for details.
PM me the info please.
Addiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #16
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
How long do these last? I am about due to swap out my factory struts and would be interested in doing a CO setup, depending on life expectancy.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #17
DallasMike

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 pontiac gto
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
How long do these last? I am about due to swap out my factory struts and would be interested in doing a CO setup, depending on life expectancy.

As of right now we haven't seen anyone needing to have their BC's replaced. We have a couple of customers with over 60,000 miles and still going strong.

The beauty of these coilovers is that they ARE rebuildable. SO when the time comes that you need to replace them, you can send them in and have them rebuilt for far less than replacing.
DallasMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:18 PM   #18
madmaxx18

Drives: 07_tundra/08_zo6
I wouldn't mind getting these but I still haven't seen any testing data from these. You can't just make a product and expect people to buy em with out some data. I would like to know how much my 60 ft times would increase at the track and how much better my handling can be expected to be increased over stock. This would allow me to decide if I want these over more expensive ones or not and I know they won't be as good as a 3k set from another company but the gain for the buck would help me pick.
madmaxx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:33 PM   #19
ackeight

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx18 View Post
I wouldn't mind getting these but I still haven't seen any testing data from these. You can't just make a product and expect people to buy em with out some data. I would like to know how much my 60 ft times would increase at the track and how much better my handling can be expected to be increased over stock. This would allow me to decide if I want these over more expensive ones or not and I know they won't be as good as a 3k set from another company but the gain for the buck would help me pick.
Maybe you could do the write up for them and provide those numbers? I'm sure it would be a decent discount. I hope your 60' would decrease at the track not increase with the proper setup. I'm sure you meant decrease.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:03 PM   #20
DallasMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx18 View Post
Perhaps this video will put your mind at ease. Blu808 in action at Camarofest!

Old 06-27-2011, 09:16 PM   #21
Sam88gta1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2006 CC Duramax
You have zero test data to back up your claim. What makes them the best?
Sam88gta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #22
DallasMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
You have zero test data to back up your claim. What makes them the best?
Hey Sam, nice to see you over here. Which shop are you working at now?

It won't be long till we have mountains of data. I wish I could say more but rest assured these coilovers are going to be put through the ultimate test.

The fact is there is a ton of data on these from the other manufacturers who private label them.

Either way the world will soon know what BC is capable of. You have a choice, continue to overpay for rebranded BC coilovers, or buy straight from the manufacturer.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #23
orange-prince
QATAR 2022

Drives: black cts-V coupe a6
can you tell us who is using this coilovers as there own ? or if you prefer send me a pm
orange-prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #24
Sam88gta1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2006 CC Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasMike View Post
Hey Sam, nice to see you over here. Which shop are you working at now?

It won't be long till we have mountains of data. I wish I could say more but rest assured these coilovers are going to be put through the ultimate test.

The fact is there is a ton of data on these from the other manufacturers who private label them.

Either way the world will soon know what BC is capable of. You have a choice, continue to overpay for rebranded BC coilovers, or buy straight from the manufacturer.
I work for myself at my own shop in Garland.
Who does BC private label for? If you can't answer the question maybe you shouldn't make that statement. I have never heard of BC and I assume you are pushing them due to your margin on them. Telling people that they "Are the best coilover in the world" is plain silly. Show us someone in a Pro racing circuit that uses the BC stuff and is competitive.
Sam88gta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #25
orange-prince
QATAR 2022

Drives: black cts-V coupe a6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
I work for myself at my own shop in Garland.
Who does BC private label for? If you can't answer the question maybe you shouldn't make that statement. I have never heard of BC and I assume you are pushing them due to your margin on them. Telling people that they "Are the best coilover in the world" is plain silly. Show us someone in a Pro racing circuit that uses the BC stuff and is competitive.
he cant because there is rules in this forum and i think you know that already Sam
orange-prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #26
Daniel Linnett
TAGURIT

Drives: 2008 G8 GT
Just thought I’d throw my two cents in. I’m a lurker over here and mainly spend my time on the GTO forums and G8 forums. I currently drive an 08 G8 with over 600hp and have built two GTO’s including the stock bottom end record holder.
The coilovers he’s referring to are Pedders coilovers. It’s pretty common knowledge over on the GTO forums that BC racing makes Pedders coilovers for them. I used to be a big fan of Pedders, my first GTO had a Pedders Track 2 with XA coilovers on it. In fact I was one of the first GTO to ever have XA’s on installed. I lost some faith in them when people started questioning who made their coilovers and Pedders would not respond. I then began to do my own research into Pedders and come to find out, they don’t manufacture much of anything. They are just like most other companies rebranding parts under their own label and selling for INSANE markups.
I’m not knocking what Pedders has been able to accomplish, I just think they could a bit more honest in their approach to things.
Daniel Linnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #27
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Linnett View Post
Just thought I’d throw my two cents in. I’m a lurker over here and mainly spend my time on the GTO forums and G8 forums. I currently drive an 08 G8 with over 600hp and have built two GTO’s including the stock bottom end record holder.
The coilovers he’s referring to are Pedders coilovers. It’s pretty common knowledge over on the GTO forums that BC racing makes Pedders coilovers for them. I used to be a big fan of Pedders, my first GTO had a Pedders Track 2 with XA coilovers on it. In fact I was one of the first GTO to ever have XA’s on installed. I lost some faith in them when people started questioning who made their coilovers and Pedders would not respond. I then began to do my own research into Pedders and come to find out, they don’t manufacture much of anything. They are just like most other companies rebranding parts under their own label and selling for INSANE markups.
I’m not knocking what Pedders has been able to accomplish, I just think they could a bit more honest in their approach to things.
I thought I recognized that rear adjuster!!! It looks identical to the Pedder's install pics. Also, those White Line rear sub-frame inserts are just black versions of the Pedders units. I wasn't going to say anything, but since the cat's out of the proverbial bag.
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #28
2010 L99

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 RJT/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
I thought I recognized that rear adjuster!!! It looks identical to the Pedder's install pics. Also, those White Line rear sub-frame inserts are just black versions of the Pedders units. I wasn't going to say anything, but since the cat's out of the proverbial bag.

USAF Retired 1994
2010 L99 is offline   Reply With Quote