Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
MotorCity

Drives: BRM 2SS/RS 1LE
ZL1 splash guards, and rocker question.

I have a Camaro SS 1LE soon to be delivered... I am in need of the ZL1 splash guards for the front tires. I already have the parts numbers for the rears... but I'm looking for ALL FOUR front splash guards.

Also, when it comes to the ZL1 rockers... everyone seems to be buying the full set that needs to be painted. what I am looking for is just the black plastic section that is attached to the rockers themselves, if you know what i mean.

thanks for the help!
MotorCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274501

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
OHBuckI81

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra (All-Terrain)
^ This

I was in the same boat as you, I purchased the ZL1 rear splash guards and front deflectors (in front of tire). I'm going to fabricate my own for behind the front wheels. I searched all the auto parts stores for some universal ones that matched the OEM ZL1 stuff I bought. Best I found were DeeZee's at Summit Racing, only $15 and material is perfect match. I figured I can screw up a few sets trying to make them look good and still be ahead of the game. A vendor is offering front splash guards for $125 though, if you're less ambitious... there are mixed reviews on those, it seems.

The ZL1 rocker is the entire rocker piece, there isn't "just a black section" that attaches to the existing SS rocker. Although, there's a vendor that just started offering something similar to what you're talking about... if you want to go the OEM ZL1 route, you'll have to get the whole thing and paint above the line.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
MotorCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHBuckI81 View Post
^ This

I was in the same boat as you, I purchased the ZL1 rear splash guards and front deflectors (in front of tire). I'm going to fabricate my own for behind the front wheels. I searched all the auto parts stores for some universal ones that matched the OEM ZL1 stuff I bought. Best I found were DeeZee's at Summit Racing, only $15 and material is perfect match. I figured I can screw up a few sets trying to make them look good and still be ahead of the game. A vendor is offering front splash guards for $125 though, if you're less ambitious... there are mixed reviews on those, it seems.

The ZL1 rocker is the entire rocker piece, there isn't "just a black section" that attaches to the existing SS rocker. Although, there's a vendor that just started offering something similar to what you're talking about... if you want to go the OEM ZL1 route, you'll have to get the whole thing and paint above the line.
thanks! yea I just came across the front splash guards you mentioned for $125. I might take the route you took and make them myself. we'll see haha, lots of options.

After doing more research about the rockers, your right... I need to buy the entire thing and get it painted. Pretty pricy, but it will look good in the end. I am going to buy them from Rogers Chevrolet and install them myself.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
biggerisbetter
lll

Drives: 2010 camaro ss L99
this thread will give u plenty of options for buying the rockers

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280941
DYNATECH LT 1 7/8 HEADERS, CATLESS MID PIPES, CORSA CATBACK, CAI. COLD AIR INTAKE w/ SCOOP, 1LE 3:91 GEARS, LETHAL RACING PROWLER CAM, LETHAL RACING DYNO TUNE, ENERGY CRADDLE BUSHING INSERTS, PADDLE SHIFTER RELOCATE KIT, 449RWHP/438TQ
APPEARANCE
COPO HOOD, ZL1 SPOILER, SLP BLACKOUT PANEL, PLASTI DIP WHEELS, HERITAGE GRILL, RETRO SS EMBLEMS, WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS, ORANGE STITCHING
biggerisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
OHBuckI81

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra (All-Terrain)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCity View Post
thanks! yea I just came across the front splash guards you mentioned for $125. I might take the route you took and make them myself. we'll see haha, lots of options.

After doing more research about the rockers, your right... I need to buy the entire thing and get it painted. Pretty pricy, but it will look good in the end. I am going to buy them from Rogers Chevrolet and install them myself.
No prob... I plan to post pic of my my splash guards when I get them done. I'm pretty fussy, so they should look good if I'm willing to share.

I think a vendor on here is offering the rockers pre-painted and shipped to your door. Gary's Customs??? somewhere in the $500 neighborhood
Old 03-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Rodgers is the way to go. I ordered a set from another vendor and was disappointed. Placed a new order with Maureen and got them for less. I haven't received them yet but I everything I have purchased from her has been top notch so I expect they will be the same way. You can message her on here at MaureenM@rodgerschevrolet or call her directly. She is a pleasure to deal with.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #8
MotorCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Rodgers is the way to go. I ordered a set from another vendor and was disappointed. Placed a new order with Maureen and got them for less. I haven't received them yet but I everything I have purchased from her has been top notch so I expect they will be the same way. You can message her on here at MaureenM@rodgerschevrolet or call her directly. She is a pleasure to deal with.
haha just called her! Rogers Chevrolet is around $480ish all said and done. painted and everything. Probably the best way to go!

Tags
appearance, zl1