Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-28-2008, 01:50 PM   #15
L. James
'Vetteran

Drives: 2007 CORVETTE, 2001 Camaro DD
Send a message via MSN to L. James
I was under the impression dealers wanted our business...
Old 11-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #16
paulv7260

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamlynn1 View Post
contact the owner, tell him what you are trying to do. He will get it handled, I bet the GM has a buddy or a customer who wants your order slot, just a hunch. The owner will bitch slap the guy and get your order handled. I am shocked a GM of the dealership would act this way he should know better!

I'm not sure that's what it is. He's been this way since the day I ordered. If it weren't for my salesperson (she was very nice) I would have flipped him off then. Unfortunately I just think he's a salesperson "bully" that doesn't know how to turn that off when dealing directly with customers. To make it worse he also places the orders so he has the keys to workbench. All he had to do was take a look.

I'm looking around. I do have a lot of options in the DC area but I live in Virgina where the new car sales tax is 3%. I believe it is twice that in neighboring Maryland.

I'm also researching the dealer ownership. Seems to be a well kept secret.

Thank you all for the feedback.

Paul
paulv7260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #17
paulv7260

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Tell them CAMARO SCOTTY SAID CHILL!

Ask them how much they'd charge for the Predelivery Inspection if you bought elsewhere and drop shipped it to their dealership...
Screw that. I'd pick it up and have a blast driving it back. Never been to big-sky country.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:09 PM   #18
jimbo57

Drives: 2010 SS, '06 EQUINOX, 72 MONTE
you don't have to wake up next to this guy. truth be told, once you pull out of the lot, the salesman doesn't want to see you again, unless you're buying something else.
you should check out they're parts and service depts. you'll need them far more.

on the other hand, you're spending almost 40 large. this guy could be a little more approachible. you are still the customer.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:18 PM   #19
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulv7260 View Post
Screw that. I'd pick it up and have a blast driving it back. Never been to big-sky country.
You'd be joining an elite crew - driving from Wisconsin to Illinois, and Arizona to take their cars home
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:42 PM   #20
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9212

Look for a new dealer....
sykb47l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:03 PM   #21
teamlynn1
Mr. Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Tahoe Z71, 2009 Silverado
Damn our sales tax on new auto purchases is 9.1% I am sorry you have a Chevrolet employee acting like a dick. If you wanted I could find out who the regional Manager for GM is in that area but it woud likely do nothing to rectify his piss poor attitude. Write him a letter telling him how you have perceived his behaviour as a customer. dont be rude (stoop to his level) write this as a critique and be honest with your statements. He might not even realize how he is being perceived and you just might help his dumb ass out. you might be surprised. I poorly handled a situation about 16 years ago with some service customers. They wrote me a letter like the one I am telling you to write, I was embarrassed that folks thought I was being so malicious in my decision making and reconsidered my posistion and replaced their entire engine at my expense. Some times we as Managers get caught up in the emotion just like customers do and make rash decisions. The truly good ones can recognize this and rectify there mistakes as I did. Unfortunatley true assholes will hold the line and continue to be just that anyways either way if you do this you will at least know you tried to help out another citizen and the karma wheel will be turning in your favor!

QUOTE=paulv7260;203307]I'm not sure that's what it is. He's been this way since the day I ordered. If it weren't for my salesperson (she was very nice) I would have flipped him off then. Unfortunately I just think he's a salesperson "bully" that doesn't know how to turn that off when dealing directly with customers. To make it worse he also places the orders so he has the keys to workbench. All he had to do was take a look.

I'm looking around. I do have a lot of options in the DC area but I live in Virgina where the new car sales tax is 3%. I believe it is twice that in neighboring Maryland.

I'm also researching the dealer ownership. Seems to be a well kept secret.

Thank you all for the feedback.

Paul[/QUOTE]

Bobby Lynn
GM Burien Chevrolet
www.burienchevrolet.com
206-243-5800 ext 151

teamlynn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:00 PM   #22
paulv7260

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamlynn1 View Post
Damn our sales tax on new auto purchases is 9.1% I am sorry you have a Chevrolet employee acting like a dick. If you wanted I could find out who the regional Manager for GM is in that area but it woud likely do nothing to rectify his piss poor attitude. Write him a letter telling him how you have perceived his behaviour as a customer. dont be rude (stoop to his level) write this as a critique and be honest with your statements. He might not even realize how he is being perceived and you just might help his dumb ass out. you might be surprised. I poorly handled a situation about 16 years ago with some service customers. They wrote me a letter like the one I am telling you to write, I was embarrassed that folks thought I was being so malicious in my decision making and reconsidered my posistion and replaced their entire engine at my expense. Some times we as Managers get caught up in the emotion just like customers do and make rash decisions. The truly good ones can recognize this and rectify there mistakes as I did. Unfortunatley true assholes will hold the line and continue to be just that anyways either way if you do this you will at least know you tried to help out another citizen and the karma wheel will be turning in your favor!

Absolutely good advice. I understand the "kill em with kindness" approach. It is unfortunate that it needs to be done at all but I'm not the type to walk away without having my say. I hate to give up my place in line but my dignity is not for sale. As someone mentioned previously I don't have to sleep with him (that's not a pretty picture but I feel that if there are going to be issues with the car (NOT!!) that the dealership will be responsive to what I have to say. Perhaps the reason for canceling my order will elicit some response.

After all is said and done I will follow up to let everyone know how things shake out.

Thank you.

Paul
Old 11-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #23
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Your dealer is an idiot.

That's becoming a motto of mine. Take the advice of those guys above me. Get someone involved by filing complaints.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:01 PM   #24
Az Sparky

Drives: 74 Camaro, 91 Caddy
Van CHEVY in Scottsdale AZ are HORRIBLE. plus they want 25k down upfront for a base camaro for the last spot on their list.... GGRRR why do these aweful dealers exist???? Come on I believe that if you have a dealership and you price gouge you should be shut down.
Az Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:10 PM   #25
Haloman1346
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I work for a Sheriffs Office and we buy all of our police cars, vans and trucks throught our local Chevy Dealership. I wen't there and was talking to the "Owner" (It was given to him by his Daddy). He told me they were getting 9 and he had 12 on the list. After talking to him bout the economy and other Dealerships selling vehicles over MSRP and price gouging. He said and I quote

"We (the Dealership) have never marked up a vehicle. But, with the economy being in the it is now, one can never know what will happen."

The monent he said those words, I was out the door with a Chevy Dealership 20 miles away.

Our Office have worked with this Dealership for over 10 year now, and not only was he a jerk, but admitted to telling me that he will mark up my order if the economy doesnt improve.

At a young age, I've learned something about buying cars from a Dealer. No matter if you have bought 1 or 100 cars from them, they are in it for the money... Yeah, they will send you Christmas cards and wish you a happy birthday, but they are it for the money. They arnt your friends, I'm sorry that you have had to deal with something similar to my experience.
Haloman1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:10 PM   #26
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
We got jerked around by two separate "big" dealerships and ended up going with a tiny dealership that had a 2 car allocation. We are #1 on their list and they have been great. We ended up buying a truck from them at the same time because they were great. They let us know that we could make as many changes as we wanted up until the car goes into production. Great guys. By the way...we are #1 of two...they are still looking for their #2 order. So anyone in WA or OR might want to check out GOOTEE Chevrolet in Chehalis....NO Second Sticker...MSRP guarantee...
GrnMchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:31 PM   #27
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloman1346 View Post
I work for a Sheriffs Office and we buy all of our police cars, vans and trucks throught our local Chevy Dealership. I wen't there and was talking to the "Owner" (It was given to him by his Daddy). He told me they were getting 9 and he had 12 on the list. After talking to him bout the economy and other Dealerships selling vehicles over MSRP and price gouging. He said and I quote

"We (the Dealership) have never marked up a vehicle. But, with the economy being in the it is now, one can never know what will happen."

The moment he said those words, I was out the door with a Chevy Dealership 20 miles away....
Isn't that ass-backwards? You would think when times are GOOD they have carte-blanche but when times are BAD, a markup? Go elsewhere sir, go elsewhere... (glad you did).
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:58 PM   #28
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
I want to go where the dealers are nice, and friendly. Good honest, hardworking people.

But, I'd have to move somewhere else because all of the dealers in southern Florida SUCK!

I'll be ordering mine online.

DON'T FLAME ME DEALER BOYS!
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote