Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #617
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Track times to follow in June. I need to find out who's got rentals so I can run with no cage.

No cage needed for 12's champ!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #618
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
Nice bud!!!

When i do stage 2 ill do the Axles!
Nice it'd a good piece of mind upgrade
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #619
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
No cage needed for 12's champ!
Lol thanks. I'm gonna make a pass on my 22s LOL
Old 06-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #620
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
What's up dude??? How have you been???
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #621
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
What's up dude??? How have you been???
Been doing good man, little things here and there trying to get the car ready to do a bit of racing this year. Sadly I've been hitting roadblocks on each part so its going slow.

Been following your thread and for sale thread man hoping to catch an update. How is everything going with the new career?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #622
VanquisherSS

So I got the gforce kit installed today, rode nice but I'm having some issues. The diff is leaking fluid from somewhere I only noticed it when I got home its all underneath the car. Going to get the diff down and re rtv everything when I get the chance. Other than that it felt super positive going home, the posi unit is amazing just feels rock solid like its laughing at the power my car is making.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #623
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
So I got the gforce kit installed today, rode nice but I'm having some issues. The diff is leaking fluid from somewhere I only noticed it when I got home its all underneath the car. Going to get the diff down and re rtv everything when I get the chance. Other than that it felt super positive going home, the posi unit is amazing just feels rock solid like its laughing at the power my car is making.

Does that cover have a vent?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #624
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Does that cover have a vent?
It does, but its leaking slowly continuously. I put some pieces of paper underneath it that were clean last night. Checked it this morning and there were drops of oil on the paper. I doubt it would leak like that from the vent.

Car is getting cozy in the garage, I also have Matt looking into the driveshaft for me as well. Potentially issues there as well.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #625
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Been doing good man, little things here and there trying to get the car ready to do a bit of racing this year. Sadly I've been hitting roadblocks on each part so its going slow.

Been following your thread and for sale thread man hoping to catch an update. How is everything going with the new career?
I can't wait to hear some stories about you racing at the track . This car is a damn monster. I'm sorry to hear about the roadblocks, but hopefully they'll be sorted out soon, and you'll be crushing some competition in no time .

Everything is going good with the new change, and I've been studying as much as I can. I can't delve deep into everything until the car sells. I can't have any payments on anything for this change, so the more money I free up the better. I would love to keep it though .
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #626
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
I can't wait to hear some stories about you racing at the track . This car is a damn monster. I'm sorry to hear about the roadblocks, but hopefully they'll be sorted out soon, and you'll be crushing some competition in no time .

Everything is going good with the new change, and I've been studying as much as I can. I can't delve deep into everything until the car sells. I can't have any payments on anything for this change, so the more money I free up the better. I would love to keep it though .
Yeah for now probably just some track rentals till I can scratch together the cash for a rpm cage. Yeah it'll get fixed its just tough not having your own space with enough tools to diagnose. I have to take it somewhere for them to diagnose, time consuming process.

Thats good man getting a head start on everything so when your ready your prepared. How goes the selling process? Anything coming up local? Try Ebay? Of course I think you should keep it
Old 06-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #627
VanquisherSS

After some deductive reasoning I don't think there is much wrong with the gforce diff. I think on the pulls I did coming home the clutch let go finally and potentially doing some damage to the trans. Or I have transmission damage. At this point I might as well do both the trans and the clutch but sadly I have other obligations to make this summer. Looks like sta-bil and a battery tender now.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:27 AM   #628
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Quote:
After some deductive reasoning I don't think there is much wrong with the gforce diff. I think on the pulls I did coming home the clutch let go finally and potentially doing some damage to the trans. Or I have transmission damage. At this point I might as well do both the trans and the clutch but sadly I have other obligations to make this summer. Looks like sta-bil and a battery tender now.

That sucks bud
Old 06-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #629
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post

That sucks bud
Yeah I didn't expect it to last forever, just needed it to last a bit longer than it did. Most likely the pulls on nitrous did it in, 810ft/tq no joke at 3k rpm. I got my new wheels from 360 Forged on a side note, kind of a kick to the nuts since I can't drive it.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #630
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Quote:
Yeah I didn't expect it to last forever, just needed it to last a bit longer than it did. Most likely the pulls on nitrous did it in, 810ft/tq no joke at 3k rpm. I got my new wheels from 360 Forged on a side note, kind of a kick to the nuts since I can't drive it.
That figures.

Im doing one more round of motor mods in about 1.5-2 years and ill be around 650ish RWHP and that will be it for me.

Tags
camaro of the week