Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 05-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
enVader
Yuma 5th Gen Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, CGM
Throttle Body Porting, thanks to Cordes Performance Racing in Mesa

I'd like to send a big thanks to Joe and Cordes Performance Racing, and his tech Bijan, for hooking us up here in Yuma with a group deal to bring his tech out and spend a day of throttle body porting.

I had been considering this mod for a while, looking on line at ported throttle bodies that sell for about $150 and up depending of if you send your original to them. One of our newer members (a Corvette convert) had done this before and suggested we look at bringing someone out to Yuma if we could get enough of us that wanted to do it. Needless to say, we came up with 8 of us, and he found Cordes Performance Racing which was willing to have a tech fly out to take care of us at a cheaper rate (Bijan flew his own plane over, very convenient).

What an amazing and simple difference. I have to say I feel like I'm in a whole new Camaro again. The response when I step on the gas made this well worth it. Getting to see the before and afters side by side, I could see how much smoother it is now. What you can't see from pictures, but I was able to get an idea of was when you run your finger along the inside of the throttle body, there is a ridge/hump that the porting also decreases. My engine is breathing with a whole new life now.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
That is awesome. Something like that would never happen around here.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
Yumacamaro

Drives: 2013 2ss
porting

I'm the corvette convert...you don't have to find a local shop contact cordes racing and ask him what he can do for you ...thank you Joe...
Yumacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Nice!

Porting definitely makes a difference.

Cool of them to come out to you guys...that's bitchin!

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
con10der
Con10der

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 IOM Rally Stripes
What's the dude standing in the picture packing a pistol for? Is he afraid he is going to get punked instead of ported? LOL
2010 2SS/RS M6 IOM w/Rally Stripes. BLK CAI w/ADM,WW Relo,2" Kooks,3" Cats-Mids,Vmax Ported TB,Muff Del,Janetty SCT Tuned,Drill/Slot BLK Hawk rotors,Red Grani Brake Lines,Motul 600,IDEAL Master w/res,Moroso CC,Accel Silver Tips w/TVolt 10.4mm,MGW shift w/Retro hand/ball,ABL Kit,Billet/IOM pedals, ZL1 split,Lloyds SS mats,PC Droid4/MAXX docking,HW Solo2.
Pend Install: Launch/Shift Light,BMR Susp/1" Drop/Sways/Track Pack,GM 3.9. Future: Janetty Pumpkin w/PosiTrac,1400HP axl,CF DS,Tick Stage 2 Trans,3 Disc Clutch,4"quad tip,center exit AB w/diff...
con10der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
enVader
Yuma 5th Gen Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by con10der View Post
What's the dude standing in the picture packing a pistol for? Is he afraid he is going to get punked instead of ported? LOL
lol, He had just come back from shooting on the range before we got together for this. Open carry is legal in Arizona, and seen quite often.