Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 11-27-2012, 02:53 AM   #1
Drbiscuitman

Drives: 2003 max
Can't decide

Hey guys I'm new to the forum I'm from the dfw metroplex and I work for GM on on the market for a new car and really loving the 1le I just can't stand the headroom! But I also have a soft spot for the 370z considering I drive. Maxima now. I can't make up my mind. Oh and I'm 6'3" insurance isn't a factor and another thing is I'm really looking at going forced induction on one of these in the future I know they both have ungodly potential also no kids or any anchors so 4 seats isny neccesary either just me and my girl. Anybody's 2 cents is greatly appreciated
Drbiscuitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:00 AM   #2
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Really depends on what you are looking for in a car. The Camaro and the 370Z are very different cars. Camaro is much bigger and heavier with a lot of brute force. 370Z is more of a traditional sports car, focused more on handling and with an engine that is more about high RPM power than torque. Based on everything I've read, Camaro is more refined, while the 370Z is quite high on the NVH scale, particularly the powertrain.

Also, I've never been in a 370Z coupe, but I imagine that if headroom is an issue in the Camaro, it will be in a 370Z as well.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:50 AM   #3
Drbiscuitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
Really depends on what you are looking for in a car. The Camaro and the 370Z are very different cars. Camaro is much bigger and heavier with a lot of brute force. 370Z is more of a traditional sports car, focused more on handling and with an engine that is more about high RPM power than torque. Based on everything I've read, Camaro is more refined, while the 370Z is quite high on the NVH scale, particularly the powertrain.

Also, I've never been in a 370Z coupe, but I imagine that if headroom is an issue in the Camaro, it will be in a 370Z as well.
Its actually not an issue there is loads of headroom I don't get it :what:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-27-2012, 03:54 AM   #4
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
Have you driven either vehicle? Of course, most of us here are going to have a bias but what it really comes down to is which car makes you the happiest when you are in it. I spent months and months researching and test driving "the big three" before deciding on the camaro. Whatever I chose, I wanted to make certain it was a car I was going to be happy driving for many years to come, since none of these cars are cheap for a blue collar worker like myself. I'm 6"1 and dont have any issues in my camaro but I would think that 6"3 is going to be tough in most muscle/sports cars.

If modding (forced induction) is going to be your goal I know the LS3 engine is very very proven and cost effective in that area. I can't say what would happen with the Nissan engine. With you eyeing an 1LE, that would be even better for modding...
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:05 AM   #5
Drbiscuitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskacamaro View Post
Have you driven either vehicle? Of course, most of us here are going to have a bias but what it really comes down to is which car makes you the happiest when you are in it. I spent months and months researching and test driving "the big three" before deciding on the camaro. Whatever I chose, I wanted to make certain it was a car I was going to be happy driving for many years to come, since none of these cars are cheap for a blue collar worker like myself. I'm 6"1 and dont have any issues in my camaro but I would think that 6"3 is going to be tough in most muscle/sports cars.

If modding (forced induction) is going to be your goal I know the LS3 engine is very very proven and cost effective in that area. I can't say what would happen with the Nissan engine. With you eyeing an 1LE, that would be even better for modding...
I've driven both. But, and that's a big butt I drove a base 370z definitely would buy a touring sport, better brakes suspension leather seats nav the works. And I drove a 2ss l99: ( not a m6 so I really haven't driven either one I would buy. Although at the same tome I have driven both and the auto l99 is horrid I hat auto it drives me crazy. And the base z was cheasy with cloth and nothing extra at all in black and I hate black.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:17 AM   #6
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbiscuitman View Post
I've driven both. But, and that's a big butt I drove a base 370z definitely would buy a touring sport, better brakes suspension leather seats nav the works. And I drove a 2ss l99: ( not a m6 so I really haven't driven either one I would buy. Although at the same tome I have driven both and the auto l99 is horrid I hat auto it drives me crazy. And the base z was cheasy with cloth and nothing extra at all in black and I hate black.

IMO manual is the way to go in these type of cars (unless you want a drag strip only car). From what I have heard, the 1LE suspension is stiff (its designed for track use) so if your looking for a softer touring, the Z might be the way to go, except you still want to modd in the future...
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:24 AM   #7
Drbiscuitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskacamaro View Post
IMO manual is the way to go in these type of cars (unless you want a drag strip only car). From what I have heard, the 1LE suspension is stiff (its designed for track use) so if your looking for a softer touring, the Z might be the way to go, except you still want to modd in the future...
i don't mind the stiff suspension, i ride in a lowered maxima now so the ride is pretty harsh I'm used to it. and yes i have to have a manual automatics make my brain hurt
Old 11-27-2012, 04:36 AM   #8
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Seems if you work for GM, your choice should be clear,,, I would want to support my Company and get the Camaro. It has a strong powerplant that takes well to modding.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:39 AM   #9
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Get the Camaro FTW.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
Drbiscuitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
Seems if you work for GM, your choice should be clear,,, I would want to support my Company and get the Camaro. It has a strong powerplant that takes well to modding.
You would think, but my discount really is very negligible. And I understand your point about supporting my company but if it makes an inferior product I'm not going to purchase it. Ya know. And don't get me wrong I'm not saying the camaro is inferior its just not so amazing that I know my choice right off the bat. And really Tue only thing killing me is the headroom :banghead:

Old 11-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #11
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
I'm 6'3 and I fit into my car well. I've sat in a 370z and while I fit, it was by less. Its a smaller car. The z is going to handle better and feel more like a real sports car but will be harder to live with on a regular basis. Camaro will be way more comfortable and faster.

370zs are extremely rare though...something to consider.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #12
Drbiscuitman

I think I've decide on sticking with a 1le a cammed ls3 can't be beat for the price with cai and long tubes and some exhaust that's a lot of power for a fairly low amount of money it would cost ungodly amounts of Money to get that power out of the nissan 3.7 so I think the sunroofless 1le is the winner and it has better brakes and on the rarerity factor I have yet to see a 1le on the street especially in victory red! omg so sexy!!

Attached Images

Old 11-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #13
Topher3134

Drives: delete me
I am 6'3 230 lbs and I fit in this car just fine. Just stay away from the sunroofs
Topher3134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #14
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
The seats in the Camaro raise and lower, maybe it was raised up? There was a guy who was 6'9 without issues on here.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote