Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-28-2009, 04:09 PM   #29
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
Great review. I should stop reading these, it only makes me more anxious. I already drove the 2LT for a test drive, so I have an idea how nice it is. I really won't know until mine comes. Fortunately, right after I read this I got an e-mail letting me know my car should be arriving on Monday! Watch this be the longest weekend ever now.
Hey bud

Which dealership did you test drive the 2LT? I drove by Toms River Chevy and didnt see a Camaro...

You gotta give me a ride in ur baby some time

Congrats, when you get it

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #30
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk View Post
Hey bud

Which dealership did you test drive the 2LT? I drove by Toms River Chevy and didnt see a Camaro...

You gotta give me a ride in ur baby some time

Congrats, when you get it
Pine Belt Eatontown. They had it from about May 6 until about last Thursday which was the first day I noticed it was gone. I think

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting.

I believe Sea Coast Chevy in Ocean has one...not certain. I called around last week and not many had one...and from what I am finding out, a lot of the dealers that had one have sold them already.

Are you in Toms River?
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:32 PM   #31
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Exclamation

...great write up!...i have the 2LT/RS RJT w/ gray interior...i would have to totally agree with the evaluation of this car...BUT, you have to see it, smell it, sit in it, and drive it to get an appreciation for what we are experiencing with our "ROCKETSHIPS!!!......words cannot adequately describe the experience of the "up close and personal" effect of looking at and driving this car!!......cheers and kudos to GM and "our people" at Oshawa!!!...
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:09 PM   #32
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Not sure if I'm going to Lou's Blues now. I'm going to a friends house for dinner then not sure where I'm going after. So, if you show up and I'm not there, sorry about that. If I do, it will be after 8pm for sure.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:35 PM   #33
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
I'm really starting to get on the ledge about to get the 2LT or the 2SS here. Thing that keeps me on SS is sound. I love the V8 sound, but would you say the V& has nice enough a sound? Obviously it will not have the V8 gurgle, but does it have a good grunt when you get on it? Does it make a difference turning the traction control off on curvy roads?
Old 05-31-2009, 07:18 AM   #34
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
I'm really starting to get on the ledge about to get the 2LT or the 2SS here. Thing that keeps me on SS is sound. I love the V8 sound, but would you say the V& has nice enough a sound? Obviously it will not have the V8 gurgle, but does it have a good grunt when you get on it? Does it make a difference turning the traction control off on curvy roads?
I am obviously not the right person to ask. I love the V6 car, sound, and everything about this car. It really depends on if you want power or performance. I've proven that the V6 is a better performance car in, for example, Auto Cross, but for straight line speed and V8 "gurgle", there is no substitute for a V8. Search, Xanthos threads, he showed how you can make a V6 sound like a V8. But a V8 is a V8. Driving my 2LT was not as awesome as the ride #3 gave us in Thor. But driving my 2LT on A1A and the back streets is way better than the straight line power of Thor. Just my opinion. Well, actually, my friend that does Auto Cross in his Evo said the same thing. So, for performance, I still would stay with my 2LT V6.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
Old 05-31-2009, 07:26 AM   #35
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T

Cant help it im a smart azz. Great review RT love your ride its killer u lucky devil.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:17 AM   #36
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
I am obviously not the right person to ask. I love the V6 car, sound, and everything about this car. It really depends on if you want power or performance. I've proven that the V6 is a better performance car in, for example, Auto Cross, but for straight line speed and V8 "gurgle", there is no substitute for a V8. Search, Xanthos threads, he showed how you can make a V6 sound like a V8. But a V8 is a V8. Driving my 2LT was not as awesome as the ride #3 gave us in Thor. But driving my 2LT on A1A and the back streets is way better than the straight line power of Thor. Just my opinion. Well, actually, my friend that does Auto Cross in his Evo said the same thing. So, for performance, I still would stay with my 2LT V6.
I'm really divided on power or performance. One thing I love doing in my Saab is going on small curvy roads around here and there's just nothing beating that at the moment, and that's a FWD car (a very very fun FWD car but still). I still want to be able to do that and I'm not really going to be doing a whole lot of straight line racing so that's another one for the six.

On the other hand I really love V8 rumble and think that the SS sounds and looks a lot meaner. And a lot of the reasoning for the SS is to be able to have what is maybe one of the last muscle cars new.

Case ofr the LT is also MPG but there's been no real good real life reports of what either model can achieve yet since the MPG computer is just an average and not an instant, not to mention the fact that we use liters/100 km over here so there's the conversion issue as well.

I'll most like be mulling this over until I have a chance to drive both a manual LT and a manual SS.

Last edited by Emher; 05-31-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Emher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:31 AM   #37
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
Pine Belt Eatontown. They had it from about May 6 until about last Thursday which was the first day I noticed it was gone. I think

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting.

I believe Sea Coast Chevy in Ocean has one...not certain. I called around last week and not many had one...and from what I am finding out, a lot of the dealers that had one have sold them already.

Are you in Toms River?
I just moved from Toms River to Forked River. I really want to test drive one but Im honestly not gunna purchase it until feb or march of next year. Im to preoccupied with the new house and all =) I would love to rent one from Avis though. Maybe take it to Englishtown! haha.

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:58 PM   #38
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
Great review, terrific anecdote, and nice car.
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:34 PM   #39
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post

Cant help it im a smart azz. Great review RT love your ride its killer u lucky devil.
Working on it ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
I'm really divided on power or performance. One thing I love doing in my Saab is going on small curvy roads around here and there's just nothing beating that at the moment, and that's a FWD car (a very very fun FWD car but still). I still want to be able to do that and I'm not really going to be doing a whole lot of straight line racing so that's another one for the six.

On the other hand I really love V8 rumble and think that the SS sounds and looks a lot meaner. And a lot of the reasoning for the SS is to be able to have what is maybe one of the last muscle cars new.

Case ofr the LT is also MPG but there's been no real good real life reports of what either model can achieve yet since the MPG computer is just an average and not an instant, not to mention the fact that we use liters/100 km over here so there's the conversion issue as well.

I'll most like be mulling this over until I have a chance to drive both a manual LT and a manual SS.
You really need to check out: http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16988 The LT is getting great reviews that I didn't even know about. My friend drives an EVO and he told me about the reviews. He's totally digging my car. He's the dude that's gonna get me into Autocross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescamaro View Post
Great review, terrific anecdote, and nice car.
Thanx.

Quote:
Old 06-02-2009, 04:35 PM   #40
Emher
Pillaging Viking

^Well that thread is a great modding thread, but the most I'd mod is the exhaust. I honestly don't care how much HP the car has, or exactly how fast it pulls a 1/4 mile. I want a car that puts you back in your seat a bit, that's stylish, is a coupe and sounds nice. All that both the LT and SS has, but the SS has the edge on sound.

Honestly I don't think I'll be able to firgure this one out for quite a while.