Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
fz4k98

Drives: 2013 1ss
Just got my official welcome from the police dept. today

I found out today that we need a front license plate actually mounted on the front of the car and not in the rear seat footwell. It was interesting to watch as he walked up to the car realized the ol fart driving it wasn't out to cause mahyem like the young punk that he thought he had.

I have complete respect for the law and am glad they are around but his only response was I stopped you because of the license plate when it was clear it was his excuse to do more snooping.

He pulled into 4 lanes of traffic with lights on causing several cars to pull over to get to me and after running my history or should i say non history asked me to someday take car of it when i could.

Again i was treated great but what was the actual motive?
fz4k98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
Nyx

Drives: Black 2013 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to Nyx
maybe he was a cop with OCD? lol
Nyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
maybe he was a cop with OCD? lol
More like profiling.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
RollaMo

Drives: 2017 2SS
You would be surprised how many "real" criminals they actually find when making stops like that.
Your lack of front plate gave him the reason to pull you over.
Once he found out you were not "wanted", he let you off.

I find it hard to believe that you just found out today that your state requires a front plate.

Here in Missouri along the I-44 corridor, they are constantly catching drug runners through no other reason than them breaking simple traffic laws causing them to get pulled over.
I-44 is a major drug route from the southwest toward the north/northeast.
You would think that after all these years some of the "bad guys" would get a clue and blend in better. LOL
2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
RollaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #5
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by fz4k98 View Post
I found out today that we need a front license plate actually mounted on the front of the car and not in the rear seat footwell. It was interesting to watch as he walked up to the car realized the ol fart driving it wasn't out to cause mahyem like the young punk that he thought he had.

I have complete respect for the law and am glad they are around but his only response was I stopped you because of the license plate when it was clear it was his excuse to do more snooping.

He pulled into 4 lanes of traffic with lights on causing several cars to pull over to get to me and after running my history or should i say non history asked me to someday take car of it when i could.

Again i was treated great but what was the actual motive?
An excuse to to get closer...

Wouldn't believe it if it hadn't happened to me, personally....but a week and a half after driving it around, I got ticketed for only a front plate. I'm fairly certain he was having a bad day...

A month later, I got pulled over AGAIN....but this time he wanted to check the car out. Had a good 2 minute conversation waiting for him to pull out the old ticket-book, but he just tipped his hat, told me to fix the, er, ah...plate! That's it...and have a nice day!
Old 10-31-2012, 09:26 PM   #6
Nyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
An excuse to to get closer...

Wouldn't believe it if it hadn't happened to me, personally....but a week and a half after driving it around, I got ticketed for only a front plate. I'm fairly certain he was having a bad day...

A month later, I got pulled over AGAIN....but this time he wanted to check the car out. Had a good 2 minute conversation waiting for him to pull out the old ticket-book, but he just tipped his hat, told me to fix the, er, ah...plate! That's it...and have a nice day!
so you got pulled over by the same cop for the same thing? got a ticket the first time and let you off the second? hu odd haha
Old 10-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
so you got pulled over by the same cop for the same thing? got a ticket the first time and let you off the second? hu odd haha
No, haha, sorry...two different jurisdictions. First guy was a State Trooper in a mood...Second was a Town Police Officer.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #8
Nyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
No, haha, sorry...two different jurisdictions. First guy was a State Trooper in a mood...Second was a Town Police Officer.
ohhhhhh ok sounds beter haha
Old 10-31-2012, 09:40 PM   #9
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
I posted before being in the court house for other reasons and seeing the docket on the wall. So many DUI's and other offenses that started with a stop for no license plate, tail light out, or something like that.

They use it because it works.
SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:01 AM   #10
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

Drives: the magic school bus
OP...and maybe the rest of you guys. Google "pretextual stops". They don't give a F about that tag, but when they come up empty they tend to fall back to that first thing. That is why I drive with a kilo just to create some excitement for both parties.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:01 AM   #11
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Front plates suck arse!
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #12
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
front plates would suck, so glad that we arent required to have front plates in oklahoma
Old 11-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #13
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
plates

I live in Wisconsin and have been stopped 7 or 8 times. Not even for speeding. Window tint, no front plate, smoked plastic license plate cover, yelled at even for hanging a A & W teddy bear air freshner from the rearview I keep my camaro out of Dane County and a few other ones which I learned from past experiences ha.
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #14
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
More like profiling.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote