Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
cwahl

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS1 RS M6
Coincidental alignment & balance or did my dealer drop the ball?

Good Evening Guys,I'm looking for a bit of feedback from all of you great forum members out there. My 2011 Camaro SS was smelling like fuel at idle and having a rough time starting so I took it to my local dealer to have them check it out as I know I'm under warranty. Low and behold ... at a whopping 13,500 miles my car's fuel pump apparently needed to be replaced... Fast forwarding... I picked my car up from the dealer and instantly noticed a little left to right play in my steering wheel that increased as I accelerated. I took my car back letting them know that something was wrong, and they came back to me saying that I need an alignment and my tires need to be load-balanced.... and that they were not going to cover it and that they were not at fault as this is a regular service item. I'm taken back right now as ... when I dropped the car off this problem wasn't there at all and now they want $250 bucks to get it taken care of...*Is it just a sudden case of really bad coincidence that went bad when I didn't have my car or is my dealer seriously trying to take advantage of me?
BOO4OSU is a 2011 Camaro SS1/ RS LS3 M6 equipped with an SLP short throw shifter, ADM Race CAI and skoop kit, Rotoform washer relocation kit. Taylor 10.4 mm wires, SLP SS badge kit, ARH Headers & Full ARH Exhaust, 2SS center gauges and steering wheel controls from GM, Fore Performance Fuel System, Pegasus Solid Subframe Bushings, Bilstein B 16 Coil Overs, z28 shock bushings, Full Hotchkis Sport Suspension, and Stainless Brake Lines.

Tuned by Cordes Performance- Tempe, Az (407 WHP and 407 WTQ).
cwahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
requires the rear sub-frame to be dropped. We need to know which fuel pump was replaced. Was it in the tank or the high pressure pump?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
cwahl

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS1 RS M6
It was the in-tank. I know the operations procedures have an alignment included in them that was not performed. I don't see why they suggested I foot the bill for that.
BOO4OSU is a 2011 Camaro SS1/ RS LS3 M6 equipped with an SLP short throw shifter, ADM Race CAI and skoop kit, Rotoform washer relocation kit. Taylor 10.4 mm wires, SLP SS badge kit, ARH Headers & Full ARH Exhaust, 2SS center gauges and steering wheel controls from GM, Fore Performance Fuel System, Pegasus Solid Subframe Bushings, Bilstein B 16 Coil Overs, z28 shock bushings, Full Hotchkis Sport Suspension, and Stainless Brake Lines.

Tuned by Cordes Performance- Tempe, Az (407 WHP and 407 WTQ).
cwahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwahl View Post
It was the in-tank. I know the operations procedures have an alignment included in them that was not performed. I don't see why they suggested I foot the bill for that.
Exactly. Walk them through that and explain they owe you an alignment. If they are not cooperative send a PM to Chevrolet Customer Svc here on C5.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote