Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 05:25 AM   #99
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I actually TRIED to go from a v8 to a v6 here about 4 months ago... Why? Well don't get me wrong I love my LS3, but I lost my job... If I would have just stayed with my 04 GTO it would have been paid off and it wouldn't be a problem... But I went from the next best thing to the next best thing... Looking back now, IF the GTO would have been a manual transmission, I would have gladly kept it, but it was an auto, so I grew tired of it and traded it in at a huge loss because... Well the new GTO isn't worth a crap now as far as book value goes, especially an 04, and I wasn't smart enough to keep it because I had to have a Camaro ever since I saw the concept :( Sad day, not one of my smartest decisions.

So I'm getting off track here... Fast forward to last Feb. I lost my kick ass job, and I've been scraping by tooth and nail to keep everything afloat (house & car) thank god, I'm not married, don't have a girlfriend or kids... Anyway... So I attempted to trade the v8 for a v6 because that would save me almost $200 a month... But they won't let me do it because the 1LT v6 car was "not worth what I wanted to finance", which I was 2k upside down on my 1SS, which doesn't make sense to me because I owed 34k on a car with a 32,465 MSRP when I bought it, but they gladly ate my 24k GTO which was only worth 12k at the time when I bought the Camaro.

IDK... Car dealers really throw me for a loop sometimes.... It just blows me away. Anyway... That's my story... I've been able to make it this far, but it's time is running out, and unless I find an awesome job real quick-like my Camaro is going to go away... But at least I owned it for a while and have lots of pictures to show the future grand-kids. I dug my own grave, and I'm gonna have to lay in it...

*EDIT* Maybe this is the wrong place for this??? LOL!

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 07-31-2011 at 05:44 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:17 AM   #100
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
I actually TRIED to go from a v8 to a v6 here about 4 months ago... Why? Well don't get me wrong I love my LS3, but I lost my job... If I would have just stayed with my 04 GTO it would have been paid off and it wouldn't be a problem... But I went from the next best thing to the next best thing... Looking back now, IF the GTO would have been a manual transmission, I would have gladly kept it, but it was an auto, so I grew tired of it and traded it in at a huge loss because... Well the new GTO isn't worth a crap now as far as book value goes, especially an 04, and I wasn't smart enough to keep it because I had to have a Camaro ever since I saw the concept :( Sad day, not one of my smartest decisions.

So I'm getting off track here... Fast forward to last Feb. I lost my kick ass job, and I've been scraping by tooth and nail to keep everything afloat (house & car) thank god, I'm not married, don't have a girlfriend or kids... Anyway... So I attempted to trade the v8 for a v6 because that would save me almost $200 a month... But they won't let me do it because the 1LT v6 car was "not worth what I wanted to finance", which I was 2k upside down on my 1SS, which doesn't make sense to me because I owed 34k on a car with a 32,465 MSRP when I bought it, but they gladly ate my 24k GTO which was only worth 12k at the time when I bought the Camaro.

IDK... Car dealers really throw me for a loop sometimes.... It just blows me away. Anyway... That's my story... I've been able to make it this far, but it's time is running out, and unless I find an awesome job real quick-like my Camaro is going to go away... But at least I owned it for a while and have lots of pictures to show the future grand-kids. I dug my own grave, and I'm gonna have to lay in it...

*EDIT* Maybe this is the wrong place for this??? LOL!
I have been trying to teach this lesson to my son for a while now. NEVER go upside down on trading a car. That is what you must have done when you bought your SS and traded your GTO. Once you start down that road it is very hard to get back right side up on a car loan unless you keep it for the entire duration of the loan, or within a few months of paying it off. That means you need to know you will be commited to that car for a LONG time.
I hate that you lost your job, I know how that is since I have been jobless for over 2 years now. Luckily I could sell two cars I had paid off to pay cash for our Camaro. I knew money would be tight for a while that is one reason I got the Model Camaro I did. but now that I have the V6 I don't see any reason to get an SS. I am happy with the car I have.
Good Luck Job hunting. Keep Your Chin up, something will come up for you.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:27 PM   #101
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I have been trying to teach this lesson to my son for a while now. NEVER go upside down on trading a car. That is what you must have done when you bought your SS and traded your GTO.
I know what you mean... I did pretty good with cars up until the GTO... I bought the GTO w/ only 6,000 miles on it for 24k about a year before the GTO prices fell like a rock. It went from being worth what I paid for it, to worth about 12k. Would have been worth more if it was an 05/06 but oh well. Looks like the prices are back up a bit now, I just checked the kbb and trade in is 15k, private 17k. Anyway, I went from being 12k upside down in the GTO (at the time), to only 2k on the Camaro. I think I came out ahead that round.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:41 PM   #102
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
i would never go in the negative for a vehicle..i plan to always keep ahead of going behind.. always want to put money down rather than add money on..no car is worth financial headaches.
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam

Closed Thread