Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-29-2008, 11:26 PM   #85
dayvedayve

Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16yearoldcamarodriver View Post
The white car looks good but how do you know it's an RS without the little badge in the grill.
Not sure if its a true RS, but it has two RS options. "Afterburner" tail lights and halo headlights
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:42 PM   #86
454lsxss

Drives: 07 Scion tC. for now...
I like how Fbodfather himself told everyone, it's and IVER SS. Two important terms: IVER and SS. IVER -- meaning car that GM had that ISNT production but very close. It wasn't made on a production line, it was put together piece by piece. Also, everyone nitpicking this particular Camaro and flippin' out that it isn't what you pictured, this isn't a PRODUCTION Camaro. It's just an IVER, meaning things will be a little different on this one than production...like all the stuff that's painted black will more then likely be color coordinated. It will have Chevy, Camaro, and GM badging. Does the production SS photos of the silver one have black side mirrors and spoiler and door handles?? Not trying to rant, just noticed after 5 pages no one mentioned this...BUT THE CAR LOOKS FABULOUS! I'm actually starting to like that SS bumper. I wanna see it in person before passing the final judgement though. Starting to like white more, too.
BTW, all camaro's get the afterburners. Just for the RS package it has 'darkened tail lamps" but yes, this baby sure does have the halos/HID's
454lsxss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:38 AM   #87
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 454lsxss View Post
I like how Fbodfather himself told everyone, it's and IVER SS. Two important terms: IVER and SS. IVER -- meaning car that GM had that ISNT production but very close. It wasn't made on a production line, it was put together piece by piece. Also, everyone nitpicking this particular Camaro and flippin' out that it isn't what you pictured, this isn't a PRODUCTION Camaro. It's just an IVER, meaning things will be a little different on this one than production...like all the stuff that's painted black will more then likely be color coordinated. It will have Chevy, Camaro, and GM badging.
THANK YOU!!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 12:48 AM   #88
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
A few things:

Being an IVER it is very rough. Don't expect to see black mirrors, handles, etc on production. The only thing that won't be color-matched is the roof ditch on non-RS models. (I wonder why. Even my base Cobalt LS has color-matched roof moldings. )

Since new tires are being developed for the 19 inch wheels, I wouldn't be surprised if they developed new tires for the 20 inch wheels that may not be run-flats. I hope we don't get run-flats. The ride quality is rough, and they're expensive to replace. As it is we'll be spending more to replace tires more often since they can't be rotated due to the different widths front and rear.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:10 AM   #89
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Dang...I go away for two minutes.....

Ok...maybe since this am...but still
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:46 AM   #90
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Dang...I go away for two minutes.....

Ok...maybe since this am...but still
Thought I was the only one.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:03 AM   #91
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCowan View Post
Nice pics! Lets see, is that a kill switch under the rear bumper? hmmm
I wonder if that is what the Shunt in Trunk note was originally refering to.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:40 AM   #92
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Thumbs up yaaaaaahoooooooo

Great even in white and look at those halo's NICE look with that
V8 front and check out that Vette slot
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:09 AM   #93
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post

Are we done debating whether this is a V6 or an SS?
I don't know if this thing is a V6 or an SS, but what about those headlights? are those the real headlights. I don't think I like them.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:29 AM   #94
JesseJames

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty 6 View Post
I don't know if this thing is a V6 or an SS, but what about those headlights? are those the real headlights. I don't think I like them.
Yes, That is an SS. Fbod father is a high chain GM employee and he says it is. Those are the RS "holo" headlights, they are not standard hence RS package
JesseJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:33 AM   #95
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
True dual exhaust!?!?!?!?

Howdy folks long time lurker first time poster here! Anyone think the exhaust thats on this IVER in thes pics will be production? If this is the production exhaust she will really be breathing easy!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #96
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
WELCOME shnomac77.

I first wanted to say thanks for the photos, they're great!

Regarding the exhaust, I am sure that's going to be close to what we're going to see in the production car. I have only a couple disappointments, which really aren't disappointments actually: I see four cats' which is going to kill some of the soundtrack from that 6.2 :( - not big deal really; and next, that it looks like this system is going to have very few servicable pieces (which I'm sure makes production cheaper.) I was expecting to find flanges, like the G8 has, just in front of the mufflers, but I don't see any. I'm sure the skidplate deal on the truck is hiding something there, but I guess my thought of just unbolting the mufflers and replacing them is not going to be too reasonable. Oh well. Not too big a deal anyways. Also, I'm a little worried about heat from the exhaust being radiated to the inner CV boots. I wonder if a heat shield needs to be fashioned there so they won't dry out. Eh, I'm sure that' nothing the engineers haven't already had experience with or considered already. I am very happy with what I see though. If I don't like either of these, it's nothing I haven't messed with before

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #97
gladiatoro

Drives: 1981 Z28 Camaro
what everyone is looking at is a MULE with many pieces stuck together this car is neither a RS or SS it is just a MULE lol..
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:52 AM   #98
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
I cant take credit for the pics but they are sweet. Someone else posted them! As for playin with the exhaust.... Nothin a torch and some wrenches cant fix
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote