Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

View Poll Results: Do you plan to get this recall if you had a choice?
Yes 245 15.30%
No 1,356 84.70%
Voters: 1601. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2014, 06:37 AM   #2185
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacohan View Post
Just took delivery of my 2014 SS and the recall had been done and it makes the FOB appear as if it the key had broken off. I hope a new fob is in Chevy's future recall upgrade to replace what I feel is a half ass fix
I'm afraid the only way I see a recall on an existing recall happening is if this first recall's "fix" turns out to have a safety or reliability concern all its own. About all I can suggest for you at this point is to DIY something to either fill the empty space in the fob or fit something else in there that would flip out like the key would have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
got my notice

When I read the boldface part about "until the recall has been performed". I don't see any time limit for how long you could do whatever seat and steering column adjustments work for you. Even if you didn't have to make any adjustments at all.

It still sounds dumb for Chevrolet to supply rings so you could lock both the fob and the key inside your car just as easily as before . . . after going to the trouble of separating them for the recall.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #2186
Blingle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS, 1979 Z/28
Not wanting to have the original key replaced, but when I bought my 11 SS it only came with one key. Any ideas how I can get another Switchblade style key and get it programmed? Would like to have at least two keys.
Blingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 12:48 PM   #2187
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
Got my letter for the Camaro yesterday, along with a 2nd letter on the window switch recall on our trailblazer.. we had that fixed 6 months ago, apparently they like wasting paper.

Both went into the trashcan.
Want to hear something really funny? My wife got a letter from GM the other day on a Cobalt and HHR we used to own on that ignition switch recall....what is funny I got the same letter a few weeks ago on the same cars. I guess since they were registered in both our names they sent separate letters out... Now I am waiting to see if they send a second letter addressed to her on the Camaro.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:10 PM   #2188
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingle View Post
Not wanting to have the original key replaced, but when I bought my 11 SS it only came with one key. Any ideas how I can get another Switchblade style key and get it programmed? Would like to have at least two keys.
ask the dealer. I was told by my dealer they can still order them and have them cut. and they were only $35 or something now. I havent gone down to order one yet so no idea if its true. my dealer just got a 15 black 1LE in so i have to go down and look at it tomorrow.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:04 PM   #2189
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
My key keeps getting stuck in the ignition. I be having to wait a couple of minutes until I hear a click. Then I can remove my key. So with this safety recall I can benefit from my key ignition issue. My knee never came close to hitting the key, but with this recall I stop a PITA situation!
DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:30 PM   #2190
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP Valentino View Post
My key keeps getting stuck in the ignition. I be having to wait a couple of minutes until I hear a click. Then I can remove my key. So with this safety recall I can benefit from my key ignition issue. My knee never came close to hitting the key, but with this recall I stop a PITA situation!

The only circumstance I've heard the key getting stuck in the ignition is when the battery dies and you try to start the car. It won't let you remove the key until you replace the battery, or get a jump start. Maybe your battery is going?
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:43 PM   #2191
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
The only circumstance I've heard the key getting stuck in the ignition is when the battery dies and you try to start the car. It won't let you remove the key until you replace the battery, or get a jump start. Maybe your battery is going?
Not true. They is a release button under the column. You insert a small screwdriver in the hole and it release the key.

Felix- speeding in my SS/RS
Old 10-04-2014, 08:24 PM   #2192
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Not true. They is a release button under the column. You insert a small screwdriver in the hole and it release the key.

But it does get stuck. The fact that you need a screwdriver to get it out just confirmed that.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:25 PM   #2193
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
But it does get stuck. The fact that you need a screwdriver to get it out just confirmed that.
Yes it gets stuck but you don't need power to get it out.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:50 AM   #2194
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP Valentino View Post
The only way that makes sense is if your car is an automatic, where you have to be in 'P' in order to remove the key, so I doubt that the key recall will fix it for you.

More likely, the problem is with a low battery, whatever sensor detects that you've selected "P" position, or the transmission or body control module.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #2195
Blingle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS, 1979 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
ask the dealer. I was told by my dealer they can still order them and have them cut. and they were only $35 or something now. I havent gone down to order one yet so no idea if its true. my dealer just got a 15 black 1LE in so i have to go down and look at it tomorrow.
for the info. I will have to see if the dealer here can do the same.
Blingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:34 PM   #2196
Dpadre

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro RS
The only thing interesting I read online is that if you let them do the recall and you say you lost the other switchblade key/FOB, GM could have the dealerships recode the your car and the FOB you give them, so the switchblade key you said you lost will not work anymore.

I like my switchblade key.
Dpadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:09 AM   #2197
HellKnightHicks

Drives: 2012 SS2 Magnacahrger / Cam
I went in for the air bag coil recall... they pulled my switch blade key apart... I was rather pissed. I politely demanded that they return my key to its original configuration.

After much BS they did.

Stupid. The whole thing is just stupid.
HellKnightHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:46 PM   #2198
Hippy
Hotwheels

Drives: Hotwheels Edition
Send a message via Skype™ to Hippy
I been in for steering wheel not centered while driving
they told me they would be changing my keys ,
after a short conversation I was able to sign a waver to keep my keys.
months have passed but I'm still bombards with those bright orange post card recall notices ..
I just toss them in the trash..

there is no way for me to hit that key off while driving.
I have a spare key just in case it ever has to go back
simply reprogramming the immobilize will restore the oem fobs
Hippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, camaro, new camaro, question, recall