Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 02-24-2014, 05:09 AM   #29
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12camaroSS View Post
Yes I bought the car with 9k miles from a dealer with CAI stage 2 by slp and slp pipes no mufflers, so as I was driving one day, the check engine light came on, they basically told me to have the tune for it, or put the stick back on( lol I laughed and said no way!) so ted was very helpful to let me understand the situation and get it fixed. Now there had been no check engine light, the skip shift is away, torque management, and all the other goodies. I purchased the sct tuner and with bolt ons, he tuned it for free.
Good for you 12CSS, good choice on getting your car straightened out and running right, enjoy your car.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:49 AM   #30
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Yes I bought the car with 9k miles from a dealer with CAI stage 2 by slp and slp pipes no mufflers, so as I was driving one day, the check engine light came on, they basically told me to have the tune for it, or put the stick back on( lol I laughed and said no way!) so ted was very helpful to let me understand the situation and get it fixed. Now there had been no check engine light, the skip shift is away, torque management, and all the other goodies. I purchased the sct tuner and with bolt ons, he tuned it for free.
Sweet!

Ted and his crew are very helpful and help a lot of people. In reality though nothing is free just saying.

Last edited by c_LoW29; 02-24-2014 at 08:43 AM.
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:14 PM   #31
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
12CamaroSS, Thank you for the review, and I am Happy to have helped with your Check engine light and improved the performance of your car.

From the First Log we could see where the Problem was, the Air intake was reporting the Wrong amount of Air.

With a couple adjustments and logs we Nailed the Tune.

Thank you all for your comments good and bad.

I Welcome Anyone, Any time to contact me directly and voice any concerns I will address them on a case by case basis Man to Man.

If any of my customers feel that there is any question about what we have done for them contact me I am easy to get a hold of.

For most combinations of simple bolt ons, Especially those using the more Popular parts we have tuned hundreds of times Data Logging is not necessary.

In the Event you feel you are not getting Peak Performance you are Welcome To Log your car and send me the Logs for review, and I will make any adjustments necessary or Help you Diagnose the reasons why your car is not performing.

I am sure many can vouch for how many times I have Pointed out Problems with the car that had nothing to do with the tune and resolved the lack of performance.

We can't fix a mechanical issue with a tune, the Vehicles must be mechanically Perfect.

Logging is your Friend.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:21 PM   #32
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6 Bryan View Post
You haven't seen the complaints because they all get deleted. And if he is so great why am I helping one of the forum members fix his ZL1 tune that was done by, you guessed it, JRE.
If one of my customers is having an Issue with my tune they should contact me and I will address they're concerns.

I have been reading your comments.

If you think you can out Tune Me Lets have a Contest to see Who's the Man.

As I understand it ADM told you how to fix your Fuel pressure.

Ted.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:30 PM   #33
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Ted had me do some logging after me "415" package, and again with my "480" package. It both cases a tuning tweak was necessary to get the Long Fuel Trims @ the desired "0" mark. Car runs great, makes good power (actually more than I advertise in my siggy; need to get back to the dyno...long story), and accomplished everything I need at this time. When I make the jump to forced induction, I'll contact Ted.

I've read the complaints, and I'll reserve my opinion on that subject. I simply like the fact that I can email Ted with a question, and in very short order he will have an answer. Ted is also one of the first vendors to answer a question here on the forum.

That's my personal experience, and that's good enough for me.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:23 PM   #34
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
Glad your happy. I sometimes feel a little unclear about this data logging thing. With my basic bolt on's, I'm under the assumption that data logging is not necessary unless instructed to do so. Why did you have to data log with just an intake and exhaust? I read different things and sometimes wonder, maybe I should be data logging.
Earlier in this thread I asked about data logging not because I am concerned about my cars performance. It runs great. When I read that other's log their car when they have basic bolt ons I start thinking that I should, probably because I am very particular, I like to do things right. It's in my blood to be exact, must be the Tool and Die maker in me, I been working with close tolerances for a long time and I think it's making me weird. By the way my car runs and the confidence I have in my tune. No need for logging, don't need to change a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
If it's an email tune you should be data logging because every car is different, it's not "one size fits all".
You got any data to back that advice up? Please, don't send any data, It's just a joke.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:43 PM   #35
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
The reason I data logged, was because when I sent him the info on the mods to my car, I forgot to mention it had a stage 2 slp intake. And like said before, not one size fits all. Ted was very helpful on the tune and directions on how to data log and instructing how to install the tune, I'm sure he doesn't spend a lot of time to tune camaros just to have them blow up.
SCT tunes are not that time consuming. Hell, I've heard stories about some getting updated just by opening the file.

People are just trying to look out for you. If you are happy about what you have done, good. Just be aware that not everything you read on the internet is factual and some of the details may not be historically accurate.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:02 PM   #36
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Earlier in this thread I asked about data logging not because I am concerned about my cars performance. It runs great. When I read that other's log their car when they have basic bolt ons I start thinking that I should, probably because I am very particular, I like to do things right. It's in my blood to be exact, must be the Tool and Die maker in me, I been working with close tolerances for a long time and I think it's making me weird. By the way my car runs and the confidence I have in my tune. No need for logging, don't need to change a thing.

You got any data to back that advice up? Please, don't send any data, It's just a joke.
I'll send data anyway: every other reputable tuner, and some of the most respected in the industry data log bolt on cars. A custom tune costs extra money because you're paying the tuner for the time that he spends adjusting and looking over the logs.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #37
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Quote:
I'll send data anyway: every other reputable tuner, and some of the most respected in the industry data log bolt on cars. A custom tune costs extra money because you're paying the tuner for the time that he spends adjusting and looking over the logs.
Just couldn't help yourself. Must be your nature to be a helping hand to others.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:45 PM   #38
mikeyg36

Quote:
Just couldn't help yourself. Must be your nature to be a helping hand to others.
Yep. Especially when it comes to something as important as a tune.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:11 PM   #39
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
SCT tunes are not that time consuming. Hell, I've heard stories about some getting updated just by opening the file.

People are just trying to look out for you. If you are happy about what you have done, good. Just be aware that not everything you read on the internet is factual and some of the details may not be historically accurate.
With all due respect you Heard Wrong, this has Never and will Never happen.

What is your First hand experience with Tuning with SCT or any software to know how time consuming it is.

Each customer is Treated with complete respect and gets my undevided attention until they are completely satisfied.

Thank you for your comments.

Ted.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:14 PM   #40
mikeyg36

Hey Ted I have a completely unrelated question, why do you capitalize random letters?
Old 02-24-2014, 09:26 PM   #41
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Hey Ted I have a completely unrelated question, why do you capitalize random letters?
Why all the negativity all the time what do you have to gain from it?
Old 02-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #42
mikeyg36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Why all the negativity all the time what do you have to gain from it?
Damn it was just a joke. And since when was I being negative?