Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-24-2010, 03:07 AM   #1
szrchick

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Sun Roof Dilemma!

I just purchased a 2010 Black SS Camaro about a month ago. For some reason prior to my purchase, I had it set in my mind that I wanted one with a sun roof...once I got to the dealership, the one I fell in love with...did not have a sun roof.

Well somewhere in my deal I insisted on the sun roof and my salesman said they could work it into the deal and install one at a later date for me. I went ahead and purchased the vehicle and they told me that once the funding from the bank came through, that I could bring the car in for sun roof installation. I was really worried about them having to cut into the car but they assured me how great of a job that would be done. I have been so excited about taking my car in to have this done....when a friend of mine who has a Transformers Camaro pointed out that I have the reverse mohawk roof and how in the heck would they put a sunroof into that?
I have been reading a lot of the threads regarding sun roofs here, but nothing mentions putting in an aftermarket sun roof. Can it even be done on a reverse mohawk roof? I am thinking no......That would look really stupid.

So I have now decided that I will forgo the sun roof. I don't believe I even have a choice at this point because of the reverse mohawk. I have already paid for it though in my deal. It was like $1100 or something. I am a little ticked that the salespeople didn't point out that little tidbit about the roof...maybe they didn't realize it though either. I can live without the sun roof, I don't want to ruin the look of my car. However, Now I am worried that the dealership won't put the money toward anything else. Any ideas on that??
szrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:01 AM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
It can and has been done. Look up GemJewel6 and pm her for pictures. A local dealer here installed one on her car and I think she's got the only sunroof that keeps the reverse mohawk.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:25 AM   #3
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I just looked her up... here is the pic. And I thought it couldn't be done! Thanks for the info Mindz...

Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote