Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-13-2010, 06:43 AM   #43
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
Very nice!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:25 AM   #44
ITMerc
Account Suspended

Drives: A.R.D. 1500, LSX Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasedgod View Post
A great ride made even better by that Eagle Globe & Anchor.

If you need someone to drive it so you can get some action shots, I'll buy my own plane ticket.

My time in the Marines is hands down the one thing in my life I'm most proud of.
ITMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:30 AM   #45
ITMerc
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig View Post
Another option for the use of a twin screw on this type of build could be the larger size Kenne Bell. Just a guess.

Still, twin turbos are the shizznit. Amazing car you have there.

Kenne Bell is certainly an option though one most closely associated with Mustangs. Magnusson also makes larger superchargers too though and there's always the centrifugal type too. Hands down a turbo system is the most efficient though it does have a different 'personality' than driving a supercharger based system.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #46
SonnyakaPig

Drives: C63 P31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITMerc View Post
Kenne Bell is certainly an option though one most closely associated with Mustangs. Magnusson also makes larger superchargers too though and there's always the centrifugal type too. Hands down a turbo system is the most efficient though it does have a different 'personality' than driving a supercharger based system.
Believe me, I think TT's are amazing. At least, I can only imagine that they are.

Also, I really love the paint scheme that you went with. I have a CGM and I was wondering how black paint would look on it. And your car answered that question for me. I think down the line I'll do a black and carbon fiber design.
SonnyakaPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #47
ITMerc
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig View Post
Believe me, I think TT's are amazing. At least, I can only imagine that they are.

Also, I really love the paint scheme that you went with. I have a CGM and I was wondering how black paint would look on it. And your car answered that question for me. I think down the line I'll do a black and carbon fiber design.
Glad ya like the paint! I wanted to keep it subtle color wise but still have it be visually striking if you know what I mean! LOL! I wanted to do something that worked with both the metallic Cyber Gray and the carbon fiber pieces I was adding, so metallic black was an obvious choice to me. We followed existing body lines and incorporated it with a rally stripe effect to tie in the front and rear. There will also be some real CF inside the car, door panel and dash accent pieces.

S&T auto body on the west side of Houston did the paint and does a lot of paint work for Hennessey in general. Carbon fiber stuff for the Camaro is still realistically in its infancy so plan on doing test fits and be prepared to wait for replacement parts if something isn't exactly right.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:06 PM   #48
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Quote:
My time in the Marines is hands down the one thing in my life I'm most proud of.
I must ask. How in the hell do you have that kind of money? Annd you're working on a Porsche!! As we both know, the USMC isn't a wealth building organization.

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:17 PM   #49
Palazzo117

Drives: CGM 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
That is the coolest Camaro I've Ever seen! I have a CGM Camaro and have been wanting to do something carbon fiber to the exterior and this is by far the best. Will Hennessey be selling these carbon fiber parts?
Palazzo117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #50
ITMerc
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
I must ask. How in the hell do you have that kind of money? Annd you're working on a Porsche!! As we both know, the USMC isn't a wealth building organization.
Long story, but I've done a lot since I got out of the Corps. I credit a LOT of the success I've had so far in life on the values and traits I either picked up or honed while in the Marines. I'm sure you know LOTS of former Marines have gone on to be CEO's of fortune 500 companies. I'm not a CEO and I'm not a millionaire but I've had some nice jobs here and there. I saved up some money and splurged on 2 serious car projects and that'll pretty much be it! Heh! 2 swings for the fence and 2 homeruns so I can't complain. Paid my own way through Purdue University, lots of technical training and project management experience, both followership and leadership training/experience in the military... some good choices and some luck along the way! No kids, no debt and a good income coupled with a passion for cool cars and a girlfriend/other half thats doing well for herself and likes cars too so she encourages me... I'm fortunate and appreciative of the fact that I am.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:58 PM   #51
ITMerc
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzo117 View Post
That is the coolest Camaro I've Ever seen! I have a CGM Camaro and have been wanting to do something carbon fiber to the exterior and this is by far the best. Will Hennessey be selling these carbon fiber parts?
WIthin reason they'll work with you on customizing any car they do. We sourced these from another vendor and then used the shop Hennessey sends all their paint work to. (S&T auto body on the west side of Houston)
Old 04-13-2010, 09:42 PM   #52
PB3

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS/GFX/M6
Quote:
Long story, but I've done a lot since I got out of the Corps. I credit a LOT of the success I've had so far in life on the values and traits I either picked up or honed while in the Marines. I'm sure you know LOTS of former Marines have gone on to be CEO's of fortune 500 companies. I'm not a CEO and I'm not a millionaire but I've had some nice jobs here and there. I saved up some money and splurged on 2 serious car projects and that'll pretty much be it! Heh! 2 swings for the fence and 2 homeruns so I can't complain. Paid my own way through Purdue University, lots of technical training and project management experience, both followership and leadership training/experience in the military... some good choices and some luck along the way! No kids, no debt and a good income coupled with a passion for cool cars and a girlfriend/other half thats doing well for herself and likes cars too so she encourages me... I'm fortunate and appreciative of the fact that I am.
Well done
Old 04-14-2010, 08:36 AM   #53
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
LOL! Nothing secret, the car ran but was still 'under construction' so to speak so it really wasn't much to look at right then. You can't see the turbos from under the hood anyway since they're bottom mounted so you aren't going to see much. We put it in that small Corvette/Chevy show at the last second primarily just because it was right here in Houston.
LOL... we closed the hood to show off the carbon fiber since you can't see the turbos anyway. Was GREAT having your car among the rest of ours. Nice to meet you and your wife too. I think she's just as ready to drive it as you are....

Keep us posted...
Old 04-14-2010, 08:47 AM   #54
ITMerc
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
LOL... we closed the hood to show off the carbon fiber since you can't see the turbos anyway. Was GREAT having your car among the rest of ours. Nice to meet you and your wife too. I think she's just as ready to drive it as you are....

Keep us posted...
But the conspiracy idea was much more fun! Heh!

It was great meeting the H-Town crew there and I look forward to bringing the car and the other half out to more of your events. Thanks for babysitting the car at the show!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #55
erasedgod
CGM 2SS/RS

Drives: # 9641
Quote:
Awesome. I'm glad to hear a fellow Marine is doing so well for himself... not that it's a rare occurrence. I managed to find those EGA's down here on the Depot today. I'll definitely be adding them to my car in the near future. Thanks for the idea.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:14 PM   #56
john2000car
American_Chevy

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2LT RS+
Wonderful thread

Quote:
Well stated! As a former Army Security Agency dude myself, I have the utmost respect for our Marines and all the other Super-Soldiers out there. You obviously represent them well! My Camaro will most likely remain stock, but Hennessey (team) is my aftermarket hero(s) and would have been my choice too. All other Camaros (all years) always turn my head even when I am driving my own. You have one ab-sooo-lutely beautiful and amazingly powerful Camaro. Thanks for sharing. I haven't read all the numerous threads on this site, but this is my favorite thus far.
john2000car is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hennessey, hpe800, itmerc, twin turbo