Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-29-2009, 09:10 AM   #29
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
It's amazing what can be done with a few bolt on products. Each one individually isn't a big deal, but collectively it is very impressive.
Indeed. I would dare say, (mustang wise) that the cobra was one of the best stangs mod for power, that ford did. Like ETw1n said, it did not take much to wake these cars up. My cobra had a cat back, tune, and pulley, and I was making 453RWHP and 490Tq. I still had the stock blower as well. Later, I added a bigger heat exchanger and had the blower ported. Never got a re-dyno...car was stolen from driveway, via a forklift and flatbed...:(

Be very mindful of 03 Cobra's. They can have truly anything in them now. I saw one this pass friday with a Twin turbo setup, ALONG with the stock eaton on top....crazy stuff.

It will be very interesting to see how the camaro mods up. Getting close to break in points for most of the early owners, so I guess we will start reading about more modded camaro's soon. I am interested in seeing a turbo one myself.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #30
DropTheGloves
Account Suspended

Drives: 2009 TT 335/2009 GSX-R 1000/ECT..
I respect and love the camaro, but the 03-04 coupe cobras would eat alive a new camaro. Not saying by much, but the cobra would win. I have seen guys run 12.5's in stock cobras, some down near the 12.4's. Yeah, they can drive. Too the guy saying he beat a cobra, I doubt the guy in the cobra was actually racing with how you are making it sound, and if so, he can't drive. Also it is easy to confuse the 03-04s for a 99-01 cobra. Pretty much same front end. I do look forward to seeing some new supercharged camaros though.

-Adam
DropTheGloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:06 PM   #31
DropTheGloves
Account Suspended

Drives: 2009 TT 335/2009 GSX-R 1000/ECT..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
Indeed. I would dare say, (mustang wise) that the cobra was one of the best stangs mod for power, that ford did. Like ETw1n said, it did not take much to wake these cars up. My cobra had a cat back, tune, and pulley, and I was making 453RWHP and 490Tq. I still had the stock blower as well. Later, I added a bigger heat exchanger and had the blower ported. Never got a re-dyno...car was stolen from driveway, via a forklift and flatbed...:(

Be very mindful of 03 Cobra's. They can have truly anything in them now. I saw one this pass friday with a Twin turbo setup, ALONG with the stock eaton on top....crazy stuff.

It will be very interesting to see how the camaro mods up. Getting close to break in points for most of the early owners, so I guess we will start reading about more modded camaro's soon. I am interested in seeing a turbo one myself.

I heard about the twin turbo set up with the whole stock eaton rumor, never seen it though. The svt cobras are truly beasts when ya add the steg 5 port with the basic bolt ons and tune. I have seen them easily making 590 on a conservative tune.
DropTheGloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #32
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTheGloves View Post
I heard about the twin turbo set up with the whole stock eaton rumor, never seen it though. The svt cobras are truly beasts when ya add the steg 5 port with the basic bolt ons and tune. I have seen them easily making 590 on a conservative tune.
Here ya go: http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/i...article&id=140
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #33
Camarofan123

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
The KR is a GT500 (King of the Road) from the 67 model gt500. Its a Shelby Cobra badges ect...but the only Cobra that was actually had the name Cobra was the 03/04 terminator, IE Mustang Cobra SVT division.

So the new GT500's are cobra's but not named that way. They are GT500's. The cobra emblems back in the day meant the car had been upgraded with suspension, engine ect...thus Cobra's. Also that is why you may see some modern stangs with just a Cobra emblem, (not gt500 cobra emblem) because it means they have upgraded. Of course some just slap em on for no reason.

You could honestly call the GT500KR the S197 Cobra R.
Camarofan123 is offline   Reply With Quote