Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-13-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
rid2win
The Deal Maker

Drives: Regal And Shadow 750
Exclamation MARK UP PRICING

I just heard that CA dealers will be marking up Z28 and SS 5K -10K. This F****** SUCKS!!! Guess I'm Waiting until That Goes Away. If anyone hears different please let me know. I will drive to find the best deal. If I hear about some great Camaro Deals hear in SoCal, I will pass them along for everyone. :middlefinger:
rid2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by rid2win View Post
I just heard that CA dealers will be marking up Z28 and SS 5K -10K. This F****** SUCKS!!! Guess I'm Waiting until That Goes Away. If anyone hears different please let me know. I will drive to find the best deal. If I hear about some great Camaro Deals hear in SoCal, I will pass them along for everyone. :middlefinger:
Nothing about the Camaro is set in stone, and that includes pricing. If you're stubborn about price, they can't sell you a car above what you're willing to pay. If that means you have to wait a little longer or drive a little farther to a dealer that's willing to work with you, then so be it.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:34 PM   #3
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
We have a few dedicated threads with information as to what dealers are gouging prices and what dealers have stated that they will sell for MSRP or below. Those threads are there for issues like this. I live in Norcal as do a few others, and I might end up driving 2-3 hours to find a deal for mine. I'm still waiting until it's closer to the release date to find a dealer that will charge MSRP or below. Otherwise, I'm walking in with a suitcase of money handcuffed to my arm and saying "Can we make a deal?"
Old 01-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #4
Outrun

Drives: ...
That's crazy! I know when the all new 06 Si came out there was a lot of hype. Some dealerships took advantage of that by marking them up 5-7k over msrp. You have to shop around. I bought my Si during that hype at $500 under msrp, and oddly enough it was 20 minutes south of that dealership with the markup.
Outrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #5
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
What confuses me is how they know what the Z28 and SS's will be, to already have decided to mark them up. Don't go to that dealer, is my advise. They're bad news if they're already planning on marking up trim levels on a vehicle that doesn't yet exist.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:51 PM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Its not too crazy to me. They can read pricing estimates just as well as we can, and what was said was merely the mark-up as a range, not a final price, and not a percentage markup. It sounds like they are planing to sell them at around 45k for the top model, which (as odd as this may appear) seems like a reasonable figure for a gouge.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:08 PM   #7
pact_kev

Drives: 2008 Black Prius
It's going to be great to have my grandparents ordering it for me from their dealership. Hopefully I won't have to hassle with any of this mess.

-kevin
pact_kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #8
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pact_kev View Post
It's going to be great to have my grandparents ordering it for me from their dealership. Hopefully I won't have to hassle with any of this mess.

-kevin
Does this dealership have a web site. And would they like to get a few extra sales by offering MSRP or below? I'm sure we could get at least a few people who would love to do a group buy and order at the same time.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:49 PM   #9
pact_kev

Drives: 2008 Black Prius
I'll give him a call tomorrow and see what he could do.
pact_kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:44 PM   #10
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
MSRP or not, I can't afford one in 2009 anyway. Probably will be able to afford it in 2011 or 2012, so the markups should be done by then. At launch, I'm sure most dealers will charge markups, especially the V8 models. There may well be some dealerships that stick to MSRP at launch, to try to earn long term loyalty. Look for those if you can, but they will probably be rare. Or you can wait a few years.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:56 AM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Where did you "hear" this information? Read it somewhere? See it on tv? Through a friend?

If this was through a friend, remember, GM sets the price. It's all going to be MSRP. Now, what a dealers does specifically will vary from dealer to dealer. I guarantee you, there will be plenty of dealers ALL OVER THE COUNTRY charging over MSRP. But, I can also guarantee you, there will always be others out there who believe selling at nothing over MSRP.

Now, if this was through news, mag, site, etc, post up the link if you can. I'd like to hear what they have to say. I want to know how they figure all are going to be doing this, marking it up 5k to 10k, how they know there will be an SS AND Z28, etc. Just curious about any other info they might have put up.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:43 AM   #12
Aries

Drives: GTS VIPER, GS400,
I'm a salesmanager at a Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki dealership. Over the years the manufacturers have come out with "limited edition" or "specialty" bikes that I refused to mark over retail. I just think it's bad buisness practice and creates anamosity toward your dealership from the customers and public. Sure you might make a couple grand more on those marked up items, but at what expense? Possibly losing customers and sales that otherwise would have purchased at your dealership, but now won't because they percieve you as being greedy and a price gouger.
Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:49 AM   #13
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
What confuses me is how they know what the Z28 and SS's will be, to already have decided to mark them up. Don't go to that dealer, is my advise. They're bad news if they're already planning on marking up trim levels on a vehicle that doesn't yet exist.
I was just getting ready to ask what the Z28 and SS packages were going to be. Thanks for bringing me back to reality.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:41 PM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries View Post
I'm a salesmanager at a Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki dealership. Over the years the manufacturers have come out with "limited edition" or "specialty" bikes that I refused to mark over retail. I just think it's bad buisness practice and creates anamosity toward your dealership from the customers and public. Sure you might make a couple grand more on those marked up items, but at what expense? Possibly losing customers and sales that otherwise would have purchased at your dealership, but now won't because they percieve you as being greedy and a price gouger.
It sounds like you are a good businessman. I wish all dealers thought your way.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote