Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Old 11-24-2012, 05:40 AM   #1
mac1903

Drives: 2012 AGM 2LT RS Camaro
For Sale: DJ Hawkeye Retractable LED Headlight Mesh Grille

Just arrived last week in the mail and you can have it for yourself by Christmas!!! All flat black DJ Hawkeye Retractable LED Headlight Mesh Grille. (Upper Grille Only) Fits LT, SS and ZL1 uppers. This upper has flat black trim peices.

$1850.00 for upper flat black grille. Shipping will be charged if buyer is unable to pick up grille from Houston, TX.

Here is a thread with a picture of what this grille looks like.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262165&highlight=hawkeye+grille

You wont find this offer anywhere else.here is a link on CarID with it listed for sale. Priced at $3400 for the upper and lower grille.
http://www.carid.com/2013-chevy-cama...e-2989407.html

The grille is brand new in prefect condition in the original packaging with all mounting hardware.

stainless brushed trim peices are available for this grille.

This grille is ready to ship.

Mac
Installed/Completed: Flat Black Powder Coated Rims/MRT 2.0 Catback Exhaust with Roto-FAB CAI/Showstoppers Sequential LED Side Mirrors and Front/Rear LED Side markerts/Technostalgia LED Sequential TailLights/Flat Black Chevy Emblem Incerts

Last edited by mac1903; 11-24-2012 at 02:08 PM.
mac1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Why are you selling it?
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
mac1903

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmlloveless View Post
Why are you selling it?

Bought before wife's approval and since the camaro is technically both of ours she get's a say...she said she likes it but prefers to keep our current grille mods.

Also I am stuck in Iraq until May 2013. Was going to get a short break in Dec to visit home and install it but request did not get approved. I am not going to pay someone to install it.

Plus we had a more important but also unexpected expense come up and could use the little extra money to help out. Just not my year of luck you could say.

Also just happened to be the perfect time for someone else to get a great deal just in time for Christmas.

Mac
Installed/Completed: Flat Black Powder Coated Rims/MRT 2.0 Catback Exhaust with Roto-FAB CAI/Showstoppers Sequential LED Side Mirrors and Front/Rear LED Side markerts/Technostalgia LED Sequential TailLights/Flat Black Chevy Emblem Incerts
Old 11-26-2012, 12:58 AM   #4
mac1903

No one interested in this?
Old 11-26-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
Cmlloveless

2 reasons:
That is a lot of money, even though this is a cool project.
The other is that I think most the people interested in it have seen the clip posted by another member and heard how loud the motors are that are on it.
I'm interested, just not for $1850.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
mac1903

those videos (which I am sure I know which ones yoru talking about) was the guys rough install videos and he even said he had wiring issues due to his aftermarket halos and was waiting for DJ grilles to finish SEMA to get it all squared away. His comments were on the original threat for the sale...if you find a different video other then this guys please share. This was the first guy to post videos of the grille installed on camaro5 and all I can find some far in searches online. he is still around. Ill find him to see if he can provide an updated video of his completed install.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #7
mac1903

also..thanks for posting your thoughts and comments... if you have a reasonable offer you can shoot me a PM
Old 11-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #8
mac1903

correction..here is his 2nd video...still a rough install video.. but you can already hear the improvment in sound...you have to expect some kind of motor noise from any car with this type of lighting system

Old 11-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #9
Cmlloveless

Trust me I think this grille is awesome! I hope you sell it at that price! I personally just can't seem to get my mind to be ok with spending $2k on a grille even if it has mechanical parts. I currently have the original DJ grille, but only because I got a retarded deal on it (way less than 1/2 price).

If I were rich I would snag this from you. I was just saying why no one is bighting. Not that no one likes it, just a lot for grille.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #10
mac1903

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmlloveless View Post
Trust me I think this grille is awesome! I hope you sell it at that price! I personally just can't seem to get my mind to be ok with spending $2k on a grille even if it has mechanical parts. I currently have the original DJ grille, but only because I got a retarded deal on it (way less than 1/2 price).

If I were rich I would snag this from you. I was just saying why no one is bighting. Not that no one likes it, just a lot for grille.

thanks for the reply.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #11
mac1903

SOLD! thanks to all who were interested.